Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old Yesterday, 21:32 (Ref:4231763)   #401
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
I see Un-Limited have been testing for next year already, looks like Mini racer Maximus Hall running some laps in the Cupra
Would be quite the step up going from the little Minis to the BTCC in two seasons (financially and otherwise!)
Old Today, 08:22 (Ref:4231815)   #402
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting name to throw into the mix Pickles, it was mentioned on the Comms during the last Mini round at Brands that Maximus was targeting a BTCC seat for 2025...
Old Today, 08:50 (Ref:4231829)   #403
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowBlue View Post
Could it be Honda ? (would "technically" be a new manufacturer as only been in as privateer in recent years) and the new prelude could be the base for GT3 ???
Do Honda have a saloon on sale in the UK? JAS have been the official Honda motorsport partner till now - designing and building GT3, TCR, CTCC and rally cars
Old Today, 09:17 (Ref:4231832)   #404
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Do Honda have a saloon on sale in the UK? JAS have been the official Honda motorsport partner till now - designing and building GT3, TCR, CTCC and rally cars

They still have the Civic and Civic Type-R; whether they met current criteria, I don't know. Also the Jazz.
Old Today, 09:26 (Ref:4231833)   #405
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
They still have the Civic and Civic Type-R; whether they met current criteria, I don't know. Also the Jazz.
No saloons though (and the Jazz I am fairly confident would be far too small for BTCC regs)
Old Today, 10:24 (Ref:4231845)   #406
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
No saloons though (and the Jazz I am fairly confident would be far too small for BTCC regs)

The Civics look like a saloon to me.
Old Today, 13:27 (Ref:4231855)   #407
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A name that I'm going to drop into the mix for the BTCC 2025 grid is Max Edmundson from the Civic Cup. He is now a 2 time champion in the Civic's and on a few occasions it was mention about "big plans" for next year depending on budget and sponsorship. Whether those "big plans" mean a move to TCR or a move to BTCC, who knows. But one thing is for sure, I think he has the talent to be up there with the best of them!

Another few names I'd throw out there is Adam Shepherd, Brad Hutchison and Callum Newsham from TCR UK. I feel like any of those 3 drivers has the talent to compete well in the BTCC. The only thing holding them back and preventing them getting a seat is money.
Old Today, 15:57 (Ref:4231875)   #408
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The Civics look like a saloon to me.
If the back window opens with the boot, it isn't a saloon. In Europe, the Civic is a hatchback.

To be honest, "saloon" is a bit of an archaic term with regard to the modern automotive landscape. I find it a bit of a joke that there is such a thing as a "Junior Saloon Car Championship" which features a load of city car hatchbacks! The Junior Production Car Championship would probably be a more appropriate name.
Old Today, 19:52 (Ref:4231909)   #409
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
A name that I'm going to drop into the mix for the BTCC 2025 grid is Max Edmundson from the Civic Cup. He is now a 2 time champion in the Civic's and on a few occasions it was mention about "big plans" for next year depending on budget and sponsorship. Whether those "big plans" mean a move to TCR or a move to BTCC, who knows. But one thing is for sure, I think he has the talent to be up there with the best of them!

Another few names I'd throw out there is Adam Shepherd, Brad Hutchison and Callum Newsham from TCR UK. I feel like any of those 3 drivers has the talent to compete well in the BTCC. The only thing holding them back and preventing them getting a seat is money.
Callum Newsham is a name I've heard linked with Restart and Scott Sumpton's freshly vacated seat. He's got very solid backing.
Old Today, 20:35 (Ref:4231917)   #410
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Abbott View Post
To be honest, "saloon" is a bit of an archaic term with regard to the modern automotive landscape.
The term has always been a bit nebulous in motor racing bearing in mind cars as diverse as the Mini, the Austin A40 and Mazda RX8 won what was then called the British Saloon Car Championship.