Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Jun 2024, 13:08 (Ref:4216892)   #126
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Where as Mike is a retired club racer... I'm a current one. And none of this experience is irrelevant. The guys in the BTCC and us Clubbies have to follow exact same track rules. Sporting regs may differ between series... But the only really difference between me and a BTCC driver... is how much money we bring to the table, (and maybe talent as well)
It is irrelevant because he series don't play to the same rules. This has been seen year-after-year. You can accept the BTCC does it their way or not, but it's not going to change.
Old 25 Jun 2024, 13:19 (Ref:4216893)   #127
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It is irrelevant because he series don't play to the same rules. This has been seen year-after-year. You can accept the BTCC does it their way or not, but it's not going to change.

That may be the case for specific rules, but if different rules or the interpretation of such rules are to be applied, they must be included in the rule set that TOCA publish, and only after they have been approved by Motorsport UK.

Otherwise, MSUK as an affiliate of the FIA has to abide by worldwide rules, and TOCA similarly has to abide by the MSUK rules.
Old 25 Jun 2024, 13:20 (Ref:4216894)   #128
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
What I find "hard to understand" is why you think Jake Hill benefitted from this perceived "unfair advantage"? So please explain how he benefitted? He made a mistake, lost two places. How did he gain an "unfair advantage" from this? How did it affect the race result?

To certainly ARE entitled to your views, but what you must realise is that others are also entitled to their views.

I just can't be arsed!
Old 25 Jun 2024, 16:53 (Ref:4216908)   #129
InYourMirrors45
Racer

InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Someone who is better acquainted with the rules may be able to answer this, but I always thought that if a driver even unintentionally drives even a few feet of the extension of a track, such as at Island Bend where it carries on to Shell Oils hairpin, then the driver must keep going up to to end before coming back and re-joining at the exit of the Island Bend. I thought that I have seen this done in previous years.

I ask because in race 1, Hill locked up completely and had travelled at least a car's length onto the track extension before he drove over the grass before re-joining Island Bend.

I think that that was taking an unfair advantage over all the other drivers in that race.
That’s never been a RULE as such. Many times people have gone down the escape road at that hairpin and have rejoined the normal way. I think Someone did the full loop one year but I believe that was due to a brake problem so probably unable to slow down enough to actually turn around. Defiantly no advantage gained by locking up and loosing two places and even if it was a rule it would be a nightmare to police at certain tracks like brands hatch onto the GP loop for example or Donington Melbourne loop.
Old 25 Jun 2024, 17:57 (Ref:4216911)   #130
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
That’s never been a RULE as such. Many times people have gone down the escape road at that hairpin and have rejoined the normal way. I think Someone did the full loop one year but I believe that was due to a brake problem so probably unable to slow down enough to actually turn around. Defiantly no advantage gained by locking up and loosing two places and even if it was a rule it would be a nightmare to police at certain tracks like brands hatch onto the GP loop for example or Donington Melbourne loop.

Could be worse - wouldn't want to have a wee lock up on the 2nd last corner at the Nurburgring GP circuit.
Old 25 Jun 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4216920)   #131
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Go get your race license. Attend a few events see if btcc played by their own rules or not.

I think you will be surprised.
Old 25 Jun 2024, 20:28 (Ref:4216923)   #132
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else spot Sam Osbourne suffered the same that Ash previously had, namely his Focus tried to gas him?

@samosbornebtcc
Quote:
As the dust settles on Oulton Park, I just thought I’d give you a little explanation as to what happened in Race 3, we got caught up in some drama and ended up with some damage, which broke the exhaust, that then had a knock on effect and started melting the very important wiring in the car, which started to fill the car with fumes ? as to which I made the all important decision to park her up! Which finished our race ??
Seems like the Focii are engineered to the limit with no buffer zone built in and doesn't take much to push them beyond it (see the flapping bodywork this season).
Old 25 Jun 2024, 21:01 (Ref:4216926)   #133
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Go get your race license. Attend a few events see if btcc played by their own rules or not.

I think you will be surprised.

You aren't the only one on here who has raced before you know
Old Yesterday, 08:48 (Ref:4216946)   #134
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Did anyone else spot Sam Osbourne suffered the same that Ash previously had, namely his Focus tried to gas him?

@samosbornebtcc

Seems like the Focii are engineered to the limit with no buffer zone built in and doesn't take much to push them beyond it (see the flapping bodywork this season).

The Toyota's started the flapping bodywork saga earlier this year. Easy to say now but NAPA should have picked up on the forthcoming issue then, it has cost Sutton a lot of points.

All cars are enginered to the limit otherwise they are not racing cars. Again NAPA should be looking at the cars layout , you do not put wiring anywhere near any car exhaust !!