Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old Today, 14:47 (Ref:4229715)   #101
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
“He ain’t going nowhere” according to Paul O’Neill
Yes, Steve will definitely be back next year.
Old Today, 17:11 (Ref:4229726)   #102
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Jack Hill 2024 BTCC Champion !!
Old Today, 17:17 (Ref:4229727)   #103
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Congratulations Jack Hill 2024 BTCC Champion !!
Well done Jack! Didn’t know he had a brother.
Old Today, 17:19 (Ref:4229729)   #104
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if rain didn't come it would have been Tingram double champion
Old Today, 17:26 (Ref:4229730)   #105
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was not expecting that, I thought the BMWs were out of it with the weather conditions before the start.

Great season by Jake & WSR AND Tom & Excelr8
Old Today, 17:29 (Ref:4229731)   #106
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did not expect Hill to win the title, thought Ingram had it as good as wrapped up with his pace today.
Old Today, 17:37 (Ref:4229733)   #107
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well deserved championship win for Hill. I loved the genuine congratulations from Ingram, Sutton and Turkington at the end.

Was a shame that Sutton got bonked out of race 1, but even he was fairly pragmatic about it afterwards.
Old Today, 17:46 (Ref:4229735)   #108
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Hyundai was just so unbelievably slow. If it'd stayed dry, I'd say Tom would've won. But in wet the car looked like not functioning at all whereas Hill's BMW was very fast.
Well done for Jake, he matured a lot this year and was very very strong, have actually tipped him to be the champ this year for most of the year.
Whoever wins, I love BTCC season finales, there's something amazing about the atmosphere, so glorious. I'm personally happy to see Ash win the race. Hope they can regain their mojo in 2025. For now, time for Hill to enjoy it, suspect it might not be the last time he wins the title. Can't help but feel gutted for Tingram, it all seemed to point in his direction for most of the day but he was on the back foot ever since the clash with Sutton and Cook.
As much as this was a really frustrating season for me because of the way the year went for Sutton, from the perspective of motorsport &BTCC fan, this was a hugely enjoyable season. Can't wait for the next one already. BTCC is being annoying at times but a bit addictive
Old Today, 17:50 (Ref:4229736)   #109
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
As much as this was a really frustrating season for me because of the way the year went for Sutton
Try being a Bobby Thompson fan!!
Old Today, 17:52 (Ref:4229737)   #110
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Haha no, I would never survive it! although yeah, fingers firmly crossed for Bobby for next year
Old Today, 17:57 (Ref:4229738)   #111
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Well deserved championship win for Hill. I loved the genuine congratulations from Ingram, Sutton and Turkington at the end.

Was a shame that Sutton got bonked out of race 1, but even he was fairly pragmatic about it afterwards.
Agreed, he deserved it, has worked hard for it and I’m glad it came down to a straight fight in the very last race.
Old Today, 18:01 (Ref:4229740)   #112
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

In terms of rollercoaster seasons yeah you take the trophy with that!!! Hopefully he's back with a properly funded title push , ironically that Snett P2 might have just helped Jake over the line
Old Today, 18:32 (Ref:4229745)   #113
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
That Hyundai was just so unbelievably slow. If it'd stayed dry, I'd say Tom would've won. But in wet the car looked like not functioning at all whereas Hill's BMW was very fast.
Well done for Jake, he matured a lot this year and was very very strong, have actually tipped him to be the champ this year for most of the year.
Whoever wins, I love BTCC season finales, there's something amazing about the atmosphere, so glorious. I'm personally happy to see Ash win the race. Hope they can regain their mojo in 2025. For now, time for Hill to enjoy it, suspect it might not be the last time he wins the title. Can't help but feel gutted for Tingram, it all seemed to point in his direction for most of the day but he was on the back foot ever since the clash with Sutton and Cook.
As much as this was a really frustrating season for me because of the way the year went for Sutton, from the perspective of motorsport &BTCC fan, this was a hugely enjoyable season. Can't wait for the next one already. BTCC is being annoying at times but a bit addictive

To be entirely fair, it was Cook, possibly attempting to brake extremely late, too fiercely considering that he had coolish brakes and cold tyres, who slammed into Sutton and knocking him into Ingram, and causing mayhem.

As for Sutton's year, taking into consideration how relatively poor it has been to past years, he still went into today with an outside chance of taking the championship if all his stars aligned with Hill and Ingram having problems. At least he went out with a high on the last race.
Old Today, 18:55 (Ref:4229746)   #114
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always nice to see a new 1st time champion.

On the whole a decent season and nice to see the championship decided on the very last race.
Old Today, 20:26 (Ref:4229755)   #115
SR18
Rookie

SR18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never seen Turkington defending Like he did in Race 1