Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 24 Jun 2024, 11:00 (Ref:4216745)   #26
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There are always going to be people with their favourite grandstands. These days I sit in T17 (Durand) because I'm an ACO member and I like to have the 'creature comforts' that come with a seat in this stand, but as an amateur photographer I would always pick T34 (above the pits).

T23 (Raccordement) is a mixed bag for me. Great view up the start/finish straight and the action at the chicane, but you need to sit as high up as you can, especially if you want to take photos or video as otherwise the fencing ruins the view. And don't get me started on the seats there - the most uncomfortable and cramped seats I've ever sat in at Le Mans! But others swear by T23.
Essentially, what he said. T17 has long been my go to including as a non-sun "insurance policy". Have used T34 but suspect it might have been damp this year with the prevailing winds. 2023 overcrowding in T34 at start / finish looked to have been sorted this year. As a snapper, T23 and T34 are both worthy of consideration. Anything on start finish straight is compromised by fencing.

Last edited by Aysedasi; Yesterday at 07:06.
Old Today, 07:52 (Ref:4216943)   #27
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
T23 seats have no backs and you can get very hot in hour or so each side of start as they are quite close and legroom is limited.

Did like T5 ? Goodyear as well spaced seats and seat backs - front row bad as had bars to stop you falling in eyesight line. Also decent keg room - basically looking over left turn if Dunlop chicane - moved higher when rain came and when returned at night so can see ovee barrier. Big screen a bit to left and need binoculars or zoom lens to read order clearly. Works well with Chappelle ACO area and Panarama parking

PS T 5 had no space at front for annoying larecomers or would be David Baileys to stand up en masse and block en masse and block view