morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Why would there be an asterisk?

Shall we put an asterisk on Mika Hakkinen's first win as well?
Totally different circumstances. And Mika got out of that club.

There again, Piastri may be gifted another win.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 15:12 (Ref:4220267)   #502
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Why would there be an asterisk?

Shall we put an asterisk on Mika Hakkinen's first win as well?
in fairness, just by bringing up that situation (coincidently also in a McLaren and it giving them their first 1-2 in ages) is in and of itself an acknowledgement that Mika's first win does have some sort of defacto asterisk attached to it.

which in a way means that OP can go on to win multiple titles and still his first win will always have a similar sort of asterisks attached to it.

not a bad thing mind you, its a team sport and all that jazz, just saying that fans with long memories naturally attach asterisks to all sorts of things!

anyways, hope his 2nd win comes soon because after that is when we will see the real fireworks erupt between this young and very talented pairing.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 06:29 (Ref:4220324)   #503
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post

Just like Lando was gifted the Miami Grand Prix.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 10:07 (Ref:4220334)   #504
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
Just like Lando was gifted the Miami Grand Prix.
By whom? Max? I son't think so. By Piastri who finished well down the order 50 seconds back?
Old 23 Jul 2024, 11:24 (Ref:4220339)   #505
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!

It's sort of reassuring to see that a leopard can't change their spots.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 11:26 (Ref:4220340)   #506
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
By whom? Max? I son't think so. By Piastri who finished well down the order 50 seconds back?
By the safety car. Oscar has more wins than lando in F1 despite years less experience.
Old 23 Jul 2024, 22:45 (Ref:4220390)   #507
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

How very British of you
Old 23 Jul 2024, 23:04 (Ref:4220397)   #508
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
How very British of you
??
Old 24 Jul 2024, 00:53 (Ref:4220402)   #509
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Drink

Quote:
How very British of you
Old 15 Sep 2024, 18:13 (Ref:4227059)   #510
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Both McLaren drivers joint the "one hit wonders" club this year and both get themselves out of the club this year - surely that must be a first for a team to have both drivers do that in one season? Well, other than 1950 with Fangio and Farini of course, but to be expected in the first year of F1.

Oh and big congratulations to both Lando and Oscar - both having a stellar (see what I did there?) year so far.
Old 15 Sep 2024, 18:25 (Ref:4227061)   #511
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blimey, I never knew Farini was a double winner.
Old 16 Sep 2024, 07:03 (Ref:4227140)   #512
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Both McLaren drivers joint the "one hit wonders" club this year and both get themselves out of the club this year - surely that must be a first for a team to have both drivers do that in one season? Well, other than 1950 with Fangio and Farini of course, but to be expected in the first year of F1.

Oh and big congratulations to both Lando and Oscar - both having a stellar (see what I did there?) year so far.
Did Ralf and Montoya do it in the early 2000's in the Williams ??? Thats the only other possibility I can think of off the top of my head.

Also for the stats guys, With Russell, Norris and Piastri all getting out of the one hit wonder club this year. Is that a record ???
Old 16 Sep 2024, 07:28 (Ref:4227143)   #513
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
Did Ralf and Montoya do it in the early 2000's in the Williams ??? Thats the only other possibility I can think of off the top of my head.
Ralf got on and off the list in 2001.
Montoya got on the list, but didn't move off it until 2003 I think.
Old 16 Sep 2024, 09:41 (Ref:4227155)   #514
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
Also for the stats guys, With Russell, Norris and Piastri all getting out of the one hit wonder club this year. Is that a record ???
Looking at Championship Race Wins only:

1974 - 4 - Niki Lauda, Carlos Reutemann, Jody Scheckter, Clay Regazzoni
1979 - 4 - Alan Jones, Gilles Villeneuve, Jacques Laffite, Patrick Depailler
1983 - 4 - Riccardo Patrese, Michele Alboreto, Keke Rosberg, Patrick Tambay

1954 - 3 - Mike Hawthorn, Bill Vukovich, José Froilán González
1980 - 3 - Nelson Piquet, René Arnoux, Jean-Pierre Jabouille
1985 - 3 - Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell, Elio de Angelis
2009 - 3 - Sebastian Vettel, Jenson Button, Mark Webber
Old Today, 03:40 (Ref:4227427)   #515
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the stats crmalcolm. It's happened more often than I imagined !!!