Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jun 2024, 14:47 (Ref:4216765)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
question...should Lando have backed out of T1 as he did and kept himself in the race with an eye to maybe challenge at the end or should he have kept his nose in there, risked and/or instigated contact, as to let everyone know he wont back out in these situations?

he clearly seems to now be approaching these situations as if he truly belongs in the top tier/here to fight for wins but he hasnt shown any of that elbows out stuff that marked the start of Max' accent to the top of the hill.

is he too much friends with Max?
Old 24 Jun 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4216774)   #27
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
question...should Lando have backed out of T1 as he did and kept himself in the race with an eye to maybe challenge at the end or should he have kept his nose in there, risked and/or instigated contact, as to let everyone know he wont back out in these situations?

he clearly seems to now be approaching these situations as if he truly belongs in the top tier/here to fight for wins but he hasnt shown any of that elbows out stuff that marked the start of Max' accent to the top of the hill.

His elbows were pretty far out on the run up to turn one with him edging Max into the grass! I think he was just playing the long game. Risk vs. reward. If there had been tears, we would have been slagging him for trying to win the race in the first corner.

Richard
Old 24 Jun 2024, 16:13 (Ref:4216778)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
His elbows were pretty far out on the run up to turn one with him edging Max into the grass!...
thats true!
Old 24 Jun 2024, 17:09 (Ref:4216790)   #29
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Lando pushed it hard, but then took the sensible approach when he knew he was beaten (in the first corner). "To finish first, first you have to finish."
Old 24 Jun 2024, 19:12 (Ref:4216800)   #30
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User is flirting with disqualificationpeebee2 User is flirting with disqualification
Quote:

It was very naive driving. He concentrated on the car immediately behind, but ignored the next two at his great cost. And the one he was concentrating on passed him anyway, after Lando arguably risked a penalty by pushing him off the track and on to the grass.

If he'd just made his best start and then accepted it if Verstappen had passed him he very probably would still have won the race.

Naive, and poorly-judged racecraft, but I am 100% sure he will learn from the experience.
Old 24 Jun 2024, 19:38 (Ref:4216803)   #31
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It was very naive driving. He concentrated on the car immediately behind, but ignored the next two at his great cost. And the one he was concentrating on passed him anyway, after Lando arguably risked a penalty by pushing him off the track and on to the grass.

If he'd just made his best start and then accepted it if Verstappen had passed him he very probably would still have won the race.

Naive, and poorly-judged racecraft, but I am 100% sure he will learn from the experience.
It's an opinion. Can't say I agree with much of it. I think Lando had a poor start, so focusing on Max was probably the right thing to do. I can't see him being able to watch his right (for Max) and at the same time anticipate (or even see) George to rocket up like he did. I do think he risked a penalty when pushing Max. I can speculate that the probably thought Max had more room than he did.

Richard
Old 25 Jun 2024, 06:52 (Ref:4216850)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lando was lucky not to be swamped by the pack. Could have been an incident. Was quite close into turn 1. But George what a start, really surprised no one saw that coming. He was coming through no matter what. Great stuff
Old 26 Jun 2024, 00:18 (Ref:4216931)   #33
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Karun is NOT a plus in the booth, great like Ant popping in but he can't get his nose out of Hamilton (that was DEF penalty worthy pushing Sainz) or Norris rear quarter, and he seems to make up strategy and get corrected by Bernie. Give her time in the box instead of just popping in and see what we get.
Did Sainz even exceed track limits when Hamilton passed him and supposedly pushed him off?
Old 26 Jun 2024, 03:00 (Ref:4216938)   #34
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Congrats to Super Max. An excellent drive from Nozza and Lewis finishes on the podium, his first this season.

Mercedes made a mistake pitting Russell so early and it was compounded by the stop being slow.
Russell's critics are still trying to pass this race off as bad race pace and bad tire management by Russell. Even though all of that happened and he still finished 4th.