Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old Yesterday, 20:50 (Ref:4230176)   #301
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Intriguing... whenever you think of some options they either wouldn't fit BTCC or GT3. A FWD saloon seems like Audi or Merc, possibly Mazda. But the first two can't be as they already have GT3 cars and Audi's withdrawing from there. Nissan? Sounds reasonable in terms of their good presence in Britain and would fit in GT3 but what about BTCC? Qashqai is not a saloon and doesn't seem a natural touring car (not for now anyway). Anyway, hopefully it happens, whatever it is.
Wonder how much they can improve the Focus for 2025.
Old Today, 00:13 (Ref:4230185)   #302
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was thinking maybe the Octavia?
Old Today, 07:40 (Ref:4230204)   #303
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
The Octavia is actually a decent looking motor.
Old Today, 07:56 (Ref:4230205)   #304
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned that old chestnut, KIA.
Old Today, 07:58 (Ref:4230206)   #305
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
I was thinking maybe the Octavia?
Is there a Saloon variant?
Old Today, 08:54 (Ref:4230212)   #306
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Can't see anyone developing a new car before the 2027 rules until we know exactly what direction things are going to go in.
this post didnt age well
Old Today, 10:35 (Ref:4230220)   #307
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
this post didnt age well
Presumably the teams know which direction things are going though?

Gow has said in public the cars will be an evolution and existing cars can easily be modified so I expect the teams will know even more.
Old Today, 11:18 (Ref:4230224)   #308
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post

Gow has said in public the cars will be an evolution and existing cars can easily be modified so I expect the teams will know even more.
While cars might be modify-able to the evolution rule set, however that might bake in a load of compromises to the vehicle homologation. Most teams will want to wait a year into the updated rules to get their heads around it before designing a new car.
Old Today, 12:43 (Ref:4230234)   #309
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is there a Saloon variant?
Yup both on sale early 2025
Old Today, 13:07 (Ref:4230238)   #310
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
Yup both on sale early 2025
Ah - I haven't seen any publicity for it. Only the 2024 facelifted Hatchback and Estate versions.

You don't happen to have a link to a press release by any chance?
Old Today, 13:13 (Ref:4230239)   #311
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Be good to see what car Alliance have in mind, if it does happen. Shame we will probably have to wait for 2026 to find out, rather than next season
Old Today, 14:28 (Ref:4230258)   #312
MarcusH26
Racer

MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post

Yeah I expect the teams know a lot more internally than an Alan Gow interview to Autosport has let on. It's also great for the series to have a team commit to the costs of a brand new car and bringing a "new" manufacturer to the grid.
Old Today, 17:02 (Ref:4230277)   #313
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Yeah I expect the teams know a lot more internally than an Alan Gow interview to Autosport has let on. It's also great for the series to have a team commit to the costs of a brand new car and bringing a "new" manufacturer to the grid.
But the Autosport interview was with Marcus Simmons. I mean he was around BTCC in the Super Touring days and was matey with Gow then, and you see himfreely walking into the TOCA hospo for nuggets.

On the Alliance thing. Is the rule changing about Le Mans. I thought they were only allowing GT3 cars from manufacturers who are in, or confirmed to be soon entering the Hypercar (or LMDH or whateve it's called) category. I'm sure I read somewhere that it had upset the likes of Mercedes, because they won't be allowed in, and with Audi ditching everything away from F1.

By that it narrows things. Aston (coming with a Hypercar), Lamborghini, Ferrari, Caddilac, Porsche, Toyota, BMW, Alpine, Peugeot. What from those could put out a FWD BTCC car and a GT3 machine?
Old Today, 17:18 (Ref:4230279)   #314
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
By that it narrows things. Aston (coming with a Hypercar), Lamborghini, Ferrari, Caddilac, Porsche, Toyota, BMW, Alpine, Peugeot. What from those could put out a FWD BTCC car and a GT3 machine?
And, which from those, would feel the need to task a British touring car team with no recent GT3 racing experience (let alone development) to build them a car rather than do it in-house or with a proven race car manufacturer?

I feel the lines have been crossed somewhere with the GT3 comment.
Old Today, 17:18 (Ref:4230280)   #315
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
On the Alliance thing. Is the rule changing about Le Mans. I thought they were only allowing GT3 cars from manufacturers who are in, or confirmed to be soon entering the Hypercar (or LMDH or whateve it's called) category. I'm sure I read somewhere that it had upset the likes of Mercedes, because they won't be allowed in, and with Audi ditching everything away from F1.

I thought it was restricted to those manufacturers represented in the WEC, not just Hypercar.
If so, that would open up Lexus (ES) as an option (although that would have implications for the Toyota entry).
Old Today, 17:39 (Ref:4230286)   #316
coffinpilot
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I thought it was restricted to those manufacturers represented in the WEC, not just Hypercar.
If so, that would open up Lexus (ES) as an option (although that would have implications for the Toyota entry).
Might have been that. I don't follow the endurance stuff much - I don't have the attention span!!

I forgot to add that Hyundai are joining WEC in the top class too. So Alliance would have to elbow WSR to get the FWD BMW 2 series, Speedworks for Toyota/Lexus or Excelr8 for a Hyundai, if they bring a saloon back? Or Pug would need to develop a GT RWD car to go up against Aston, Lamborghini and the like? What about Cadillac building a RHD CT4 for the UK market??!!
Old Today, 17:44 (Ref:4230287)   #317
coffinpilot
Veteran

A thing about Zelos, sorry if it has been mentioned before. Davanti Tyres. On social media there was always a thing from fans you'll have seen 'Zelos can't race with Davanti sponsorship.'

I wonder if that has turned out to be true considering they were nowhere to be seen for the last three rounds? Or could there be a commercial adjustment to allow them in for next year that couldn't be re-negotiated for this year?

Clearly he has the ability to make an impact in BTCC, it was fairly obvious in Minis, but he's come in and (even though Pearson won a race) made people question the difference in ability between him and Pearson that was obvious in JCW, and still obvious now. I wonder what his next steps are. He's shown he's capable, but how strong is his entourage as far as raisning the correct notes without Davanti if that is the case?