Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Sep 2024, 09:59 (Ref:4226104)   #1
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Combe Autumn Classic

Timetable: https://www.ccracingclub.co.uk/wp-co...metable-v5.pdf
Old 11 Sep 2024, 20:53 (Ref:4226177)   #2
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Event of the year for me. Can’t wait
Old 12 Sep 2024, 07:00 (Ref:4226208)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes I enjoy as well . Taking HRTR5 to do Griffis Hauge .See you there ?
Old 12 Sep 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4226238)   #4
Mike Crow
Racer

I think of it as an authentic revival run for the drivers and knowledgeable spectators . Excellent assortment of grids this year. And great value too.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 08:40 (Ref:4226485)   #5
MikeL
Rookie

MikeL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have my Gilbern GT in the Ecurie/Jag race, my Magnette in FISCAR and on Sunday I have the Gilbern Chevy GT in the All Stars. Busy weekend!
Old 14 Sep 2024, 10:06 (Ref:4226492)   #6
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
I have my Gilbern GT in the Ecurie/Jag race, my Magnette in FISCAR and on Sunday I have the Gilbern Chevy GT in the All Stars. Busy weekend!
Go well, looking forward to seeing/hearing the Chevy GT in action!
Old 16 Sep 2024, 21:20 (Ref:4227227)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Jeepers Mike . You are going to be busy .
Old 17 Sep 2024, 09:03 (Ref:4227267)   #8
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there on Sunday with a friend who's competing in the Gerry Marshall Trophy. Looking forward to a great event.

GMT has 28 entries, Jack Sears 32 and Allstars &Alfas 37.
Old 17 Sep 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4227270)   #9
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Will be there on Sunday with a friend who's competing in the Gerry Marshall Trophy. Looking forward to a great event.

GMT has 28 entries, Jack Sears 32 and Allstars &Alfas 37.
Blimey Malcolm, that's a fair old trek for you isn't it ! Will this be your first time at Combe ? It's a lovely little circuit and a great meeting, so hopefully you will have aa good time. Unfortunately due to various family illnesses I won't be able to make it this time, but hope the weather stays fine for you and all the other tenthers attending. And make sure you take plenty of great pictures !
Old 17 Sep 2024, 12:27 (Ref:4227278)   #10
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Blimey Malcolm, that's a fair old trek for you isn't it ! Will this be your first time at Combe ? It's a lovely little circuit and a great meeting, so hopefully you will have aa good time. Unfortunately due to various family illnesses I won't be able to make it this time, but hope the weather stays fine for you and all the other tenthers attending. And make sure you take plenty of great pictures !
It's a long way, but looking well worth the journey as there's an excellent selection of races & classic car show etc.
Sure there will be a few photos taken.

I was there once before, April 2016, which was the HSCC 50th anniversary - an very enjoyable day,
which had qualifying in frosty conditions and was so warm by mid-afternoon that we were eating ice cream.
Old 17 Sep 2024, 13:12 (Ref:4227283)   #11
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's a long way, but looking well worth the journey as there's an excellent selection of races & classic car show etc.

I was there once before, April 2016, which was the HSCC 50th anniversary - an very enjoyable day,
which had qualifying in frosty conditions and was so warm by mid-afternoon that we were eating ice cream.
I remember the HSCC 50th anniversary meeting well - not just for the large grids of lovely cars but the fact that my long suffering wife and I camped out at the circuit, spending two freezing cold nights under canvas (polyester?). However, the sun soon came up to thaw us out and we enjoyed a couple of cracking days racing.
Old 17 Sep 2024, 15:50 (Ref:4227289)   #12
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any link to entry list? Can't find it on Castle Combe site nor HRDC
Thanks
Old 17 Sep 2024, 16:40 (Ref:4227297)   #13
Mike Crow
Racer

Go to HRDC website, click on news and the newsletter has the entry lists. HSCC entries are on their website. FISCAR website has preview and says 30 plus entries. All looking good for a splendid weekend
Old 17 Sep 2024, 17:02 (Ref:4227298)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some great grids published so far.
Hoping the weather will play ball, for a change.
Old 17 Sep 2024, 17:18 (Ref:4227300)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

As there are Alfas taking part in 3 of the races, I'm sure I can rely on you for some good photos

I'll be at Oulton on Saturday for the last rounds of the ARCA championship.....
Old Yesterday, 10:44 (Ref:4227370)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me and MiniMM are going Sunday. Anyone here be there then? There is still a discount code available if like me you haven't bought tickets yet. AUTUMN10!#

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 14:21 (Ref:4227390)   #17
MikeL
Rookie

MikeL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will have a few spare tickets which I would be happy to email at no cost.
Old Yesterday, 16:50 (Ref:4227394)   #18
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I will have a few spare tickets which I would be happy to email at no cost.
Yes please, pm sent Hoping for everyone's sake that the weather forecast improves!
Old Today, 09:56 (Ref:4227439)   #19
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A typical Combe day forecast then! Ah well, waterproofs it is. Such a shame.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old Today, 10:51 (Ref:4227444)   #20
Mike Crow
Racer

Think positive. 50 percent chance of rain is 50 percent chance of dry. And it’s going to be warm(ish). And there will be lots of beautiful cars making lots of beautiful noise. Can’t wait
Old Today, 14:25 (Ref:4227451)   #21
brands
Veteran

Not sure this meeting has ever had normal weather. It's either unseasonably warm or moist.
Given the weather at motorsport this year, it's little surprise we are forecast the latter.
Both the camera and I have waterproofs, so bring it on.