Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Oct 2007, 10:16 (Ref:2045268)   #1
kosher_pig
Rookie

kosher_pig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone see?

A little bird who is in the know mentioned that on InPitLane Tuesday nignt that B.Keys was bagging the AASA safety methods. Did anyone see the show and can verify it??? And what reason did he have to do so if true?
Old 20 Oct 2007, 20:25 (Ref:2045597)   #2
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this were true, I honestly thought that CAMS had gotten over all this rubbish spreading stuff, but if this is true, then they are bloody old die-hards who need to move on.

AASA is here to stay and that has been proven since it's inception
Old 21 Oct 2007, 05:51 (Ref:2045840)   #3
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So let me get this right....

You have the same marshals working at the same tracks with the same drivers in the same cars.

The only change is the paperwork.

Have I missed something?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 11:05 (Ref:2046003)   #4
kosher_pig
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA

You have the same marshals working at the same tracks with the same drivers in the same cars.

Have I missed something?
Yes MPA. and four little letters on the top of them Its just a case of sour grapes. Ans speaking of safety how did tander hit medical car at Bathurst? a severe lack of safety measures there from a so called pretigious event Was out at Calder with my little birdie and talking to the competitors they said how much they were enjoying the racing compared to meetings run by the CAMS "snakepit"
Old 21 Oct 2007, 11:54 (Ref:2046033)   #5
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA

Have I missed something?
No MPA you haven't.

The regular officials who give their time for the sport, don't work unsafely, or differentiate.

Blokes like Bruce Keys, who incidentally has a scant regard for the rules imposed on track-side officials, are the unsafe ones (his photo taking at T1 at Sandown this year is living proof. Despite being reminded of the V8 Supercar policy on camera's 'on point' his reply was "SO WHAT !")

The other unsafe official is his fellow CAM$ employee, Tim Schenken. I mean lets consider this: today he pulled a Safety Car to retrieve a minuscule piece of debris on track, but go back two weeks, he actually leaves a race-car partly on track at Bathurst.....I'm sure he is now fully conversant with the concept of an aborted start, for safety reasons.

Gee isn't it interesting to see some of the diatribe and venom spewing forth from the Dandy Rd bunker.

Anything to do with AASA actually starting to get some previous CAM$ stalwarts along to both compete and officiate.....

Cranker tip, I reckon that are running scared.

Memo to Dandy Rd, we all know you read this..... get the Fountain of change to consider asking Keys what he said and why he said it. I mean it hardly fosters harmony among car clubs now does it ?

Oh, and Brett (IPL), interesting to not see you at Calder today, have they finally got to you?

Interestingly, when you spell check Schenken, it suggests 'sunken' now isn't that irony ?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 12:47 (Ref:2046069)   #6
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
I guess Tim has to make decisions based on the quality of the manpower he has option to do a "Hot Recovery" BEFORE the race had even started. With a growing amount of marshals walking away from V8 racing who could blame him.

Or maybe he should start to trust the marshals he's got.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 12:57 (Ref:2046083)   #7
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Speaking of Tim, ask him about the yellow flag at turn 8 at Indy on Friday.

Seems that his CCTV sucks sometimes.

It has been said that Tim only saw a STEADY yellow flag at the point when Big Nose hit R. Kelly.

They say what Tim saw was the yellow lid of a rubbish bin 6 metres away from the point on his wizz bang CCTV.

Yeah good one guys......

Last edited by MPA; 21 Oct 2007 at 13:01.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 13:14 (Ref:2046093)   #8
kosher_pig
Rookie

love the pix......kinda makes an ass of him dont it?
Old 21 Oct 2007, 20:17 (Ref:2046807)   #9
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
Old 21 Oct 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2046830)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've gotta say it, I love that. Various series up here and a couple down there and a great raft of stuff in between, the guys on the ground have a much better idea of what's going on and how it should be done than all of the suits in charge. Because the priorities on post are different - safety and efficient running are absolutely the most important. Ours, then the people around and then the drivers who are the best protected.

I love it when drivers say they had the accident because they thought they knew what the flag was for. Guys, you only know that when you see the green, otherwise, obey the signals. God forbid marshals had needed to attend the driver of the earlier incident.

Last edited by Woolley; 21 Oct 2007 at 20:35.
Old 21 Oct 2007, 22:16 (Ref:2047050)   #11
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
Oh, and Brett (IPL), interesting to not see you at Calder today, have they finally got to you?
Uncle IPL was there and was seen checking out Thommo's new car.

I actually had a quick chat with him about getting IPL on the Foxtel Aurora channel which was a bit of an eye opener on that channel and on some of the broadcast rules being imposed on 31 these days with respect to advertising (like asking them to pixelate sponsor logo's off race cars FFS).
Old 22 Oct 2007, 01:23 (Ref:2047307)   #12
kosher_pig
Rookie

uncle said that HE hadn't seen him out there
Old 22 Oct 2007, 03:23 (Ref:2047344)   #13
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re Brett- I have had my disagreements with Brett over time-- But I.would have to say he has approached any Cams/AASA issues fairly.In fact to much so at times.He would say he is a journalist and his role is to report facts .It was a report that was put to air on IPL that was from Cams conference( correction -the Australian Institute of Motor Sport Safety!!) that Bruce Keys was addressing . Basically he drew comparisons between Cams and non Cams!! events. For those that really are interested it may be on IPL website- and you need to hear what and how it was said.
Much of what was said was observational -- certainly some of it clearly misguided . What is significant is to hear relatively high Cams official saying these things in a "public" forum.
Before lambasting Brett for bias-ask yourself why he put it to air!!!
Old 22 Oct 2007, 18:46 (Ref:2048252)   #14
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Where is the criticism Silver?
Old 23 Oct 2007, 04:54 (Ref:2048637)   #15
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems that Sliver was the first person to post that actually saw the piece
Old 23 Oct 2007, 06:50 (Ref:2048678)   #16
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This thread is going to go nowhere until IPL either posts a link to an audio grab or a transcript (IPL & a script is an interesting concept) of what was said unless someone has a copy and can YouTube it for all to see.

No doubt Brett is busy readying himself for tonights show and is in the green room waiting for 9:30pm to tick over to reply to this thread.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:08 (Ref:2048717)   #17
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are right-- he will be in full scale preparation for tomight's show! It was not IPL interview--it was footage of Keys addressing conference-- maybe Keys thought it was only being heard by those present and did not expect a broadcast ? Hence the open frankness.
I am sure Brett will respond tommorrow if he is able to put in link to clip.I will make sure he is aware of thread.Sorry to leave you up in the air- but on such an important issue I think imperative to get facts right and not go off on a tangent.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:19 (Ref:2048721)   #18
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
I guess Tim has to make decisions based on the quality of the manpower he has option to do a "Hot Recovery" BEFORE the race had even started. With a growing amount of marshals walking away from V8 racing who could blame him.

Or maybe he should start to trust the marshals he's got.
TIm is running out of options,

Fri - 55 no show,
Sat 54 no show,

When is the Race Director and IPO going to wake up?
Old 24 Oct 2007, 14:12 (Ref:2050223)   #19
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FYI The footage was from the AIMSS Safety First Seminar, which BTW I found in parts most fascinating and at times scary.
Bruce Keys was well aware of the cameras as we were there doing the on-site AV for the seminar. And yes we did (or at least I hope will be paid for it) The organisers were fully aware that we would be using some footage on the show.
Bruce's comments were but 45 seconds out of over 6 hours of lectures, Without actually naming the AASA (although that was no doubt who he was talking about) he said that he was concerned that, SOME cars competing may not be fully up to CAMS minimum safety standards and that SOME drivers did not meet what he described as "CAMS responsibly high minimum medical standards" he then went on to say that he felt that with what he saw as more relaxed safety and operational standards that "some drivers had taken a less than noble path to motor sport gratification"
Old 24 Oct 2007, 15:38 (Ref:2050313)   #20
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The actual news story is now on the In Pit Lane website www.pitlanepr.com/inpitlane
Just go to the FEATURES page in the menu or subscribe free at iTunes Music store in the Podcast section
Old 24 Oct 2007, 23:07 (Ref:2050731)   #21
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
FYI The footage was from the AIMSS Safety First Seminar, which BTW I found in parts most fascinating and at times scary.
Bruce Keys was well aware of the cameras as we were there doing the on-site AV for the seminar. And yes we did (or at least I hope will be paid for it) The organisers were fully aware that we would be using some footage on the show.
Bruce's comments were but 45 seconds out of over 6 hours of lectures, Without actually naming the AASA (although that was no doubt who he was talking about) he said that he was concerned that, SOME cars competing may not be fully up to CAMS minimum safety standards and that SOME drivers did not meet what he described as "CAMS responsibly high minimum medical standards" he then went on to say that he felt that with what he saw as more relaxed safety and operational standards that "some drivers had taken a less than noble path to motor sport gratification"

The no doubt he would support a minimum Australian Standard for licencing. But we all know CAMS don't want this to happen., They prefer to tell everyone how good there safety is and how Ba everyone elese is. Didn't they try this line with Insurance?

any way CAMS credential on safety are once again being challenge in the October edition of Motorsport Insider.

October article Here

August Article

June Article

The August and June article realy rip into CAMS about ignoring their own minimum safety guidelines.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 03:10 (Ref:2050802)   #22
ssracer
Rookie

ssracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it true that there are cars running at AASA meetings that have never complied with the CAMS rules , have never had a CAMS log book.
If so, what standards and construction rules are they being held acountable to.???
Old 25 Oct 2007, 09:20 (Ref:2050946)   #23
rms
Rookie

rms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it bother you that they dont have a CAMS log book or comply with CAMS rules ?

If you don't compete at AASA meetings why are you so concerned, AASA competitors seem happy.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 09:23 (Ref:2050950)   #24
MosquitoByte
Rookie

Malta
Melbourne
MosquitoByte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frankly, who cares. All this talk of safety, CAMS vs AASA, Bob Vs Everybody, Tail lights on Sports Sedans, AUSCAR's with no tail lights in sports sedans, good lunch, bad lunch, OH&S...the list goes on.....

At the end of the day, when I go to work at a motorsport event, I want to know where the toilets are!!!!! Sadly, there don't seem to be many flagpoints around that have tiolets nearby. The sooner something is done about that, the sooner I'll believe all the hype about OH&S and safety in general. A toilet over 1Km away, on the other side of the race track, is NOT safe for peoples bladders.

END.

The Black Gloved One
Old 25 Oct 2007, 09:36 (Ref:2050957)   #25
kosher_pig
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssracer
Is it true that there are cars running at AASA meetings that have never complied with the CAMS rules , have never had a CAMS log book.
If so, what standards and construction rules are they being held acountable to.???
have you ever thought that maybe they only want to run at AASA meetings and not CAMS knowing what the attitude of some CAMS people are.