Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 15 Aug 2006, 18:28 (Ref:1683482)   #1
pgm
Rookie

pgm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new Circuit de Catalunya

This is a my personal version of Circuit de Catalunya. Please post your replies. PGM
Attached Thumbnails
barcelona04_map.gif  
Old 15 Aug 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1683527)   #2
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's got differences, but I personally think that you broke up the flow of it.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1683573)   #3
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, i defenitely think so too.

Your section around Repsol-SEAT-Würth is very nice, however it doesn't really fit in.
Old 15 Aug 2006, 21:58 (Ref:1683666)   #4
Helicon_One
Rookie

Helicon_One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not keen on the changes to the first and last turns - turn 1 would be good for overtaking but it seems a little too blatant to throw a hairpin in at the end of that lonnnnng straight. The last turn is nice in itself, but the existing last turn is good too and there are other places that it might fit in better (Wirth or Campsa, maybe).

Thread hijack time, I've got my own Barcalona sitting waiting for criticism, so here it is:

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Barca2.jpg  
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:15 (Ref:1684006)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice idea there, but with yours, i'd prefer Wurth to be left as it is, as it's one of my favourite corners on the circuit.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1684017)   #6
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hm, I don't know. I've never really liked the Montmelo track in the 1st place, so I'm biased. I always preferred Estoril over Montmelo as a track of this type (the quite anonymous type), but maybe that has changed, since they introduced the new 1st corner at Estoril.
Anyway, your New Holland is nice, but tightening Elf and leaving out Seat is not such a good idea.
Old 16 Aug 2006, 11:43 (Ref:1684082)   #7
cosmicpanda
Rookie

cosmicpanda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pgm - I'd leave Campsa as it is. It's a tricky corner - flat out over a blind crest. The Elf hairpin might work, but I think the circuit needs a chicane after New Holland to bunch the cars up, if you want overtaking at Elf. (New Holland's supposed to be a fantastic corner, btw, so I'd be wary of altering it.)

I like the edit of Repsol and Seat, really - it's a rather pointless hairpin there currently. Perhaps the edit would be a bit like Instanbul's turn 8 but with a massive down hill and then uphill gradient.

Helicon - your edit is also decent, although you'd probably need to do massive landscaping to make the crossover work. My comments about New Holland and Elf apply here as well, although you don't seem to be looking so much for overtaking spots in this track.

--

If there IS a corner that needs to be changed, it's Banc Sabadell. Every time I go through it, no matter on what game, it sucks. Long slow corner with lots of oversteer.
Old 17 Aug 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1685330)   #8
pgm
Rookie

pgm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The section REPSOL-SEAT is in downhill Per increase the show of the passage but not to favor the overtakes. The ELF more slow in two hairpins would favor the overtakes in braked. Thanks for your reply.
Old 18 Aug 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1685934)   #9
cosmicpanda
Rookie

cosmicpanda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpanda
If there IS a corner that needs to be changed, it's Banc Sabadell. Every time I go through it, no matter on what game, it sucks. Long slow corner with lots of oversteer.
I meant understeer and couldn't find the edit button. Dammit.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 17:52 (Ref:1687556)   #10
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
both changes r gd, but i prefer pgm's version, as it looks like it would cost less. plus, Helicon_One's version would require lots of landscaping.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1687564)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to ten-tenths formula1fan
I agree, pgm's is certainly the more feasible plan. I'm not sure what good helicon's design would really do (other than replacing Suzuka as the only figure-8 circuit on the calender)
Old 21 Aug 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1688297)   #12
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Welcome to ten-tenths formula1fan
I agree, pgm's is certainly the more feasible plan. I'm not sure what good helicon's design would really do (other than replacing Suzuka as the only figure-8 circuit on the calender)
cheers for the welcome pirenzo. how would helicon get around not having the crossover?
Old 22 Aug 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1688951)   #13
Helicon_One
Rookie

Helicon_One should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula1fan
cheers for the welcome pirenzo. how would helicon get around not having the crossover?
Heh, I'm sure I'd get over it. What I liked about my idea was that it made the Renault curve REEEALLLLY fast, with a good straight from Repsol to build up speed and a fast straight exit all the way down to Wurth. Imagine hitting the throttle out of Repsol and holding it all the way around that never ending Renault 180 curve, before plunging downhill under the bridge/tunnel with your foot STILL flat to the floor until you hit the braking point to Wurth...

There's probably other ways to achieve a similar sort of result though, and I accept my layout doesn't give alot of overtaking opportunities (although I'm loath to just throw hairpins at an existing track to achieve that effect) so the criticisms are probably fair.

Tim