Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Jan 2002, 12:17 (Ref:201137)   #1
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato in MG Satelite?

Well I've heard Mr West is trying to get Plato back this year, and the fact that the two cars MG where running are now going to be cast aside as new ones are being built.

Could MG run a satelite team with the cars from last year, once the MG/Lola dispute has been settled?

If so Plato has to be considered, and remember it won't be MG who would be employing him.
Old 19 Jan 2002, 13:23 (Ref:201167)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
It would probably depend on exactly HOW the MG/Lola dispute was settled- Autosport reported that WSR would be building new cars and the existing ones would be relegated to testing duties, which suggests it's unlikely that they'll pass them onto another team

I suspect we've seen the last of the two Lola-built cars...
Old 19 Jan 2002, 19:01 (Ref:201307)   #3
Reido Rules
Veteran

Reido Rules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But if those cars can be used for testing dutues why not, race them in an egg style deal, or sell them to VLR or someone like that who wants a decent car for 2002.

But it's a matter of how it is settled, MG could have the cars but under what circumstances, Lola may get an injunction against them racing them.
Old 19 Jan 2002, 19:57 (Ref:201364)   #4
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eggzactly what I was thinkin, remeber the cars are not far of the pace either, and would make a good buy.
Old 19 Jan 2002, 20:02 (Ref:201371)   #5
the king
Rookie

the king should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you will be pleasently surprised when you find out who will be driving them and even more so when you find out who is running them..

it's Nigel Mansell and Gerry Marshall, sponsored by SAGA and run by team B & Q with Guy Goddard as team manager
Old 19 Jan 2002, 21:45 (Ref:201423)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha! You gotta be taken the p here the king?!!
Old 19 Jan 2002, 22:56 (Ref:201457)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

what else do you know king? Don't hold out on us!
Old 20 Jan 2002, 00:24 (Ref:201507)   #8
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by the king
I
it's Nigel Mansell and Gerry Marshall, sponsored by SAGA and run by team B & Q with Guy Goddard as team manager
You can't be serious...:confused: :confused:

I happen to be quite gullable, so if you told me that gullable was written on the cieling I would look!
Old 20 Jan 2002, 00:26 (Ref:201510)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly he's not serious... but it would be an 'interesting' team if he were...!
Old 20 Jan 2002, 16:47 (Ref:201720)   #10
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Awwwww

Oh well, we can always hope for it
Old 20 Jan 2002, 17:42 (Ref:201745)   #11
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im afraid you have miss judged me and who I am, needless to say I have no intention of adding to this further in what appears to be personal attacks rather than anything constructive.

My thanks to Stephen Green who guessed right about hiding my identity,MGF and Eddie Harasym for their support. A certain young member to the forum clearly has a lot to learn about being tactical and having all the facts before judging, hopefully whatever course your on will help you for the future.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 18:16 (Ref:201762)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
originally posted by Guy Goddard
A certain young member to the forum clearly has a lot to learn about being tactical and having all the facts before judging, hopefully whatever course your on will help you for the future.
What course is he taking, something at uni or that?
Old 20 Jan 2002, 19:58 (Ref:201819)   #13
AdamED
Racer

AdamED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry people but i dont think this is likely. Looks Like Mr Plato wants to ignore the btcc and concentrate on his tv presenting i am probably wrong but i think that is true.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 20:26 (Ref:201830)   #14
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamED
Sorry people but i dont think this is likely. Looks Like Mr Plato wants to ignore the btcc and concentrate on his tv presenting i am probably wrong but i think that is true.
He has also said he wants to the LM24 as well... So maybe he will will appear where a lot of passed over drivers end up racing a sportscar.
Old 20 Jan 2002, 21:56 (Ref:201867)   #15
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato doesn't deserve any BTCC rides after that shunting of his former Vauxhall teammate Muller at Silverstone.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 02:53 (Ref:201965)   #16
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Goddard
Im afraid you have miss judged me and who I am, needless to say I have no intention of adding to this further in what appears to be personal attacks rather than anything constructive.

My thanks to Stephen Green who guessed right about hiding my identity,MGF and Eddie Harasym for their support. A certain young member to the forum clearly has a lot to learn about being tactical and having all the facts before judging, hopefully whatever course your on will help you for the future.
Somebody better run this past me again. I've fallen victim to the clutches of a hacker and have been unable to get online for the past couple days as my AOL has been AWOL, so to speak
Old 21 Jan 2002, 11:57 (Ref:202047)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Guy,

I really hope that you will not be put off from further contributions. There are many of us who value your opinion and enjoy the 'trying to read between the lines' part of your information.

Thanks too for the kind words. Hope to hear from you soon.

Stephen.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 16:14 (Ref:202167)   #18
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Guy, Will be supporting you and your team this year at a few of the venues, bring on the MG's.

Will have Coupe Turbo hopefully in tow, along with a few other fellow MGR supporters.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 16:29 (Ref:202171)   #19
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I gotta support me fellow countrymen, so its Reid in MG and Leslie at Proton for me.

Maybe I could come and see what a good job you do, when the BTCC visits Knockhill Guy?
Old 21 Jan 2002, 20:31 (Ref:202327)   #20
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Guy,

I really hope that you will not be put off from further contributions. There are many of us who value your opinion and enjoy the 'trying to read between the lines' part of your information.

Thanks too for the kind words. Hope to hear from you soon.

Stephen.
Well said. I agree, all of your insights were fascinating and gave us yet more exciting things to look forward to.