Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Sep 2003, 17:40 (Ref:715354)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
PLM preliminary entry up.

http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm.../entrylist.htm

44 cars so far, nothing too much out of the ordinary, though GT #6 looks interesting. PTG BMW?
Old 11 Sep 2003, 17:55 (Ref:715378)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks good - nice to see the TVR on the list. I think that the entry has been been hit by the LMES race at Le Mans in November.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 18:01 (Ref:715384)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's a small GTS grid.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 18:15 (Ref:715408)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The other thing to remember this is only a privisonal entry, I would image there to be more cars added over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully the Chamberlin MG will be out.

As for the GTS entry there are not many GTS cars in, most of them are in Europe and I think teams will not want the expense of shipping over there, when the Le Mans 1000Km 3 weeks later.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 18:57 (Ref:715468)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
As for the GTS entry there are not many GTS cars in, most of them are in Europe and I think teams will not want the expense of shipping over there, when the Le Mans 1000Km 3 weeks later.
I think your right.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 19:05 (Ref:715481)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I also have a feeling thats why not many GT cars from Europe are making the trip.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 19:32 (Ref:715514)   #7
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Just a question, what exactly is a BMW E46 M3?
Old 11 Sep 2003, 19:50 (Ref:715533)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Just a question, what exactly is a BMW E46 M3?
BMW --> Bayerische Motor Werke
E46 --> This is newest version of the 3 Series
M3 --> Sportive version of 3 Series

Last edited by FIRE; 11 Sep 2003 at 19:55.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 20:02 (Ref:715557)   #9
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Thanks, this is indeed an interesting development.

So, apparently a new car?

Wonder what this is about.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 20:09 (Ref:715563)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Thanks, this is indeed an interesting development.

Not to me.....
Old 11 Sep 2003, 20:14 (Ref:715570)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Not to me.....
Why not? A BMW M3 is a decent GT car!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 20:14 (Ref:715571)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Not to me.....
How did I know u where going to say that
Old 11 Sep 2003, 21:24 (Ref:715655)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah...a nice TOURING CAR.....

I'm kinda disappointed in the GTS, and the two LMP classes....

I haven't bothered to look back at last year's Petit for specific numbers, but I recall more prototypes in the field than that...

I do think that the Le Mans Bugatti has had an impact on the field, althought Taurus is on the list (Yes!!!!)....so where are some other European teams????

as well as the usual "Missing In Action" people such as Team Nasamax and that "wonderful" Norma Entry from Team Sezio?????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 21:32 (Ref:715664)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I think the MIA's can be put down to the Le Mans 1000Km
Old 11 Sep 2003, 21:40 (Ref:715671)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Nasamax will be at the Bugatti race
Old 11 Sep 2003, 21:41 (Ref:715673)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You're right, rdjones....

Two big races within 3 weeks of each other....and only the big $$$ operations will really be able to do both (Joest Audi, JML Panoz, and Champion) unless someone has saved up the $$$ by not racing elsewhere or not getting invited to the Le Mans race last June that they now have available to travel in November......

The field will grow again next year since the LM 1000K is a one time event....

If I had to pick one of the two, the choice would be obvious....take a shot at getting one of those automatic bids to the 2004 Le Mans...that one is a no brainer....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 21:48 (Ref:715674)   #17
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
That's why most of the Euro teams won't be travelling - The timing is far from ideal. What a shame it couldn't have been placed earlier in the year (perhaps replacing the Nogaro FIASCC!!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 21:58 (Ref:715683)   #18
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry list is pretty much the standard ALMS list with some new GTs thrown in...you also have to remember that it is still early Sept. and the race isnt until Mid Oct...

Also, I thought the Original plan for the LMES was not to get in the way of the ALMS events to encourage US entries...i guess the opposite doesnt count...

I think you will see a few more European entries...afterall the winner of Petit also gets entry into LM...
Old 11 Sep 2003, 22:56 (Ref:715715)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
How did I know u where going to say that

Whether you agree with me or not, at least I'm consistent.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 22:58 (Ref:715716)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Why not? A BMW M3 is a decent GT car!
This is the new GT definition, I take it - "GT" = "Grocery Trolley"......
Old 12 Sep 2003, 00:32 (Ref:715771)   #21
Kurt Maxwell
Racer

Kurt Maxwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GTS entry is no bigger than usual as the final round of the FIA GT series is at Monza that weekend.

Even if it was two weeks earlier, I wonder if anyone would have made the trip?
Old 12 Sep 2003, 06:30 (Ref:715908)   #22
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think the MIA's can be put down to the Le Mans 1000Km
Doesnt this just demonstrate the draw of LeMans. PLM has been the ALMS flagship for years and yet when there are more entries for LM up for graps elsewhere many teams defect.

This to me demonstrates that the world sportscar scene should by coordinated around one set of rules, one major championship (with local feeder series) and use LeMans and to a lesser extent Sebring as its flagships.

This is all for the same reasons US open wheel racing should be centred around the Indy 500
Old 12 Sep 2003, 06:43 (Ref:715911)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
Doesnt this just demonstrate the draw of LeMans. PLM has been the ALMS flagship for years and yet when there are more entries for LM up for graps elsewhere many teams defect.

This to me demonstrates that the world sportscar scene should by coordinated around one set of rules, one major championship (with local feeder series) and use LeMans and to a lesser extent Sebring as its flagships.

This is all for the same reasons US open wheel racing should be centred around the Indy 500
I would agree with that.

As I have said before and will no doubt say again I have the perfect plan for a World Sport Car Championship - It's a 8 round championship, the 4 LMES race + Sebring, PLM, Road America and another ALMS race, each round counts for there own championship and the world championship.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 08:31 (Ref:716013)   #24
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt Maxwell
The GTS entry is no bigger than usual as the final round of the FIA GT series is at Monza that weekend.

Even if it was two weeks earlier, I wonder if anyone would have made the trip?
Possibly the Konrad and/or Graham Nash Saleens, or maybe some of the N-GT class- Freisinger etc? I can't think of that many others, unless Lister might have considered running the LMP if there hadn't been a clashing FIA round.

It doesn't help though, having two major sportscar races on the same weekend...
Old 12 Sep 2003, 09:03 (Ref:716042)   #25
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
news on the bmw m3 entry. ballast penalty to be added - lead weights to be put in pockets of the jacket on the coat hanger in rear window.