Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Apr 2010, 14:18 (Ref:2677339)   #1
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Getting home from China

It's probably a bit late to start this thread, because most people are either home by now or on their way, but I have a personal interest in the subject and have been following it with interest.

Try this and this from Joe Saward or this from The Times on-line.

It's just as well there was a 3 week break before Barcelona, otherwise things might have been much worse, but I am impressed that Bernie has already got the freight to Bilbao in Spain and is in the process of distributing back to the teams by truck.

I also liked Radio 5 Live's secret weapon in the shape of Anthony Davidson for the drive from Nice in the south of France back up to the Channel ports.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2677344)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Fascinating stuff.

£10 says Vettel gets home before Webber.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2677347)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully the icelandic volcano will give us a break...
Old 21 Apr 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2677380)   #4
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Here's another personal story from the man from The Times, who seemed likely to miss his wedding day, but I think he will just about be alright now.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2677382)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Fascinating stuff.

£10 says Vettel gets home before Webber.
Webber got home yesterday. via Milan and the channel.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2677461)   #6
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One must remember some of the Journo's covering the GP's are self employed and have to cover the costs of getting home themselves. All income from China has been blown and some aren't any where near home yet. Part of the problem is that Chinese Visas ran out on wednesday and they had to get out of the country asap!
Old 21 Apr 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2677503)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
One must remember some of the Journo's covering the GP's are self employed and have to cover the costs of getting home themselves. All income from China has been blown and some aren't any where near home yet. Part of the problem is that Chinese Visas ran out on wednesday and they had to get out of the country asap!
Not the best place to be !
Old 21 Apr 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2677583)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
One must remember some of the Journos covering the GPs are self employed and have to cover the costs of getting home themselves. All income from China has been blown and some aren't any where near home yet. Part of the problem is that Chinese Visas ran out on Wednesday and they had to get out of the country asap!
That's very relevant. As an example, here are the experiences of Simon Arron. It's a bit lengthy, but gives you an idea of what these guys go through as freelance journalists.

It's not something we ever think about, but there are some very human stories in there.
Old 22 Apr 2010, 09:10 (Ref:2677751)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=strider;2677339]It's probably a bit late to start this thread, because most people are either home by now or on their way, but I have a personal interest in the subject and have been following it with interest.

Try this and this from Joe Saward or this from The Times on-line.

It's just as well there was a 3 week break before Barcelona, otherwise things might have been much worse, but I am impressed that Bernie has already got the freight to Bilbao in Spain and is in the process of distributing back to the teams by truck.

I also liked Radio 5 Live's secret weapon in the shape of Anthony Davidson for the drive from Nice in the south of France back up to the Channel ports./[QUOTE]

I liked that too, it sort of smacked of 'The good old Days'...