Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2006, 03:50 (Ref:1707560)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Renault and Michelin to protest?

Its reported at http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Formul...arenault.shtml

that Renault and Michelin have submitted a photo of Bridgestone technicians messing with the Ferrari in Parc Ferme after qualifying. Before this gets out of hand and accusations fly, can anyone find an English language link? Or is this just a rumour that Gazzetta has posted?
Old 11 Sep 2006, 04:18 (Ref:1707567)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nothing on the English websites yet!
Old 11 Sep 2006, 06:12 (Ref:1707583)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing to be seen here... Linkie
Old 11 Sep 2006, 09:04 (Ref:1707705)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Renault have said that the FIA have explained the photograph and they are happy with the explanation (see Red's link).
Old 11 Sep 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1707708)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I seem to recall a similar complaint a few years ago, 2003?
Old 13 Sep 2006, 18:08 (Ref:1709699)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
It seems this hasn't ended just yet...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/54491
Old 13 Sep 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1709706)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If that picture is the only evidence the have then i cant see any constructive arguement being made out of it......its too little IMO...
Old 13 Sep 2006, 18:42 (Ref:1709715)   #8
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Read the Autosport artice. The Engnieer spraying some sort of substance for Extra Grip for one lap wearing for rubber down better for longer runs leave Michelin and renault to complain. this is a bit X files I reckon. Ferrari are just better than Renault at this time. Could be a big red Herring do destracted Renault and Michelin for both WDC.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1709753)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exactly
Old 13 Sep 2006, 20:03 (Ref:1709770)   #10
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To get a tyre which could produce one quick lap, then reveal a harder compound after that lap, I'm 100% sure that Bridgestone would create such a thing behind closed doors, not by spreying products..
Old 13 Sep 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1709771)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson
To get a tyre which could produce one quick lap, then reveal a harder compound after that lap, I'm 100% sure that Bridgestone would create such a thing behind closed doors, not by spreying products..
Thats what they were (apparently) doing in 2003 I think. So its happened before.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 21:28 (Ref:1709807)   #12
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The spreying of tyres has happened before, or creating multi-compound tyres?
Old 13 Sep 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1709811)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hodgkinson
The spreying of tyres has happened before, or creating multi-compound tyres?
I seem to recall both. Bridgestone got pulled up for something compound related at around Monaco in 2003. Then I recall a seperate story about spraying tyres, it might have been in 2005 when Bridgestone had their tyre troubles, my memory isn't what it once was...
Old 13 Sep 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1709813)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One more controversy to this season...
Old 13 Sep 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1709842)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that it's rather more worrying to me that so few members of this forum could ever perceive F1 as being rigged in anyway.We forget that there are millions of dollars/pounds/euros at stake and the temptation to increase the performance of ones own product by means other than legal must be very great indeed.Obviously this must be weighed against the penalty for being caught.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1709855)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I think that it's rather more worrying to me that so few members of this forum could ever perceive F1 as being rigged in anyway.We forget that there are millions of dollars/pounds/euros at stake and the temptation to increase the performance of ones own product by means other than legal must be very great indeed.Obviously this must be weighed against the penalty for being caught.
Bending the rules/cheating by a team is different than F1 being "rigged." We all know that teams try to stretch the rules. The reason they do it, is because of the millions of $ you speak about, that are at stake. Sometimes what they do is judged to be against the rules, other times its not.

But the "rigging" stuff... that the FIA is biased, and the references to maFIA and everything else in that vein that appears on this forum, IMHO, is utter BS.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1709858)   #17
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think the FIA are well enough organised to rig anything.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 00:13 (Ref:1709860)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

"Yes just go out there" and spray some of this super glue all over Michael's tyres would you....Thank you...complete rubbish
Old 14 Sep 2006, 00:42 (Ref:1709867)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya

But the "rigging" stuff... that the FIA is biased, and the references to maFIA and everything else in that vein that appears on this forum, IMHO, is utter BS.
I wasn't actually refering to the FIA as such (although I do have it on extremely good authority that their claims of being unable to police traction control are utter BS).I was thinking bigger than that.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 04:13 (Ref:1709926)   #20
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I propose a hypothesis:

all the teams cheat, they all know they all cheat, therefore they only rough up another team for phychological reasons. They also only pursue thigns that seem a bit silly as a 'warning' to the team in question

[/avstheory]
Old 14 Sep 2006, 07:33 (Ref:1709973)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan733
I propose a hypothesis:

all the teams cheat, they all know they all cheat, therefore they only rough up another team for phychological reasons. They also only pursue thigns that seem a bit silly as a 'warning' to the team in question

[/avstheory]
That's not a hypothesis,that's fact!
Old 14 Sep 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1710128)   #22
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well well, the 2006 season is real farce. But I think it's only another attempt by Michelin/Renault to 'reveal' the FIA as being biased.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1710149)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It is, of course Max's fault.

Farce? Maybe, but then what was 1976?
Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:05 (Ref:1710179)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

but then what was 1976?
Very hot IIRC ...there was a drought,can we blame Max for that too.

I can't wait to see what's dreamed up for the next race.All in the name of entertainment.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1710186)   #25
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
It is, of course Max's fault.

Farce? Maybe, but then what was 1976?
Where did I blame Max? 2006 has been a season with too many controversies. The FIA plays a role in it, but whether this is Max's fault...