Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Jun 2002, 11:58 (Ref:305191)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cloudy but cool

No rain forecast for the weekend in Montreal, but it's not gonna be a scorcher either...

Michelin are definately improving, but that win in Monaco must be considered a one-off - since the track is so different. Canada is a bit like Imola, where the Bridgestones were better (certainly on the red cars) than in the previous year - so it's probably going to be a bit tighter in the race than last year.

I'm going to go for JPM to win the race.

Anyone know about the FW24B, which was rumoured to be scheduled for launch at this race?

Any thoughts on Renault? They've got a good all-round car and seem able to get more out of the Michelins than Mclaren can - Button podium?
Old 5 Jun 2002, 12:42 (Ref:305246)   #2
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say more likely a Sauber podium then a Renault podium really. The petronas motors will really be in there element here, just like in Austria. I too, predict JPM first win of the year, with Ralf second - I've got my money on a Williams 1-2.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 13:38 (Ref:305283)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Williams will be close, but I reckon a Ferrari day.

I don't think the circuit will suit the McLarens. So maybe the Renaults can beat them in a straight fight here. I reckon it'll be Trulli (he qualified well last year in the Jordan).

The BAR might be a surprise. It's got lots of new bits (although apparently Honda isn't bringing the new engine now).
Old 5 Jun 2002, 14:39 (Ref:305339)   #4
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DNQ
I'd say more likely a Sauber podium then a Renault podium really. The petronas motors will really be in there element here, just like in Austria. I too, predict JPM first win of the year, with Ralf second - I've got my money on a Williams 1-2.
With you on the possible parformance from Sauber - but for them to do well one would have to assume that the Michelins would be not as good as the Bridgestones - and if that were the case I couldn't see Ferrari being the second-placed Bridgestone team.

In other words - if it's going to be a close fight between the best of each tyre manufacturers, I think that Renault might have the best chance to be the best of the rest after the big two (Williams and Ferrari).
Old 5 Jun 2002, 14:44 (Ref:305346)   #5
Mark F1
Racer

Mark F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Toyota could have quite a good weekend, their engine is very powerful which will give them an advantage on the straights plus the fact that they are introducing some new aero parts onto the car.

I am on my knees praying for Kimi Raikkonen to have a good result, he retired a couple of laps from the end in Brazil and has since had four consecutive retirements, all due to mechanical failures. There is absolutely no question that he has the speed, he just needs a reliable car and then he will set the F1 scene well and truly on fire !!

Also, please can we have a TGF retirement. He hasn't retired since Germany last year, which is 11 races ago and also since the start of the 2000 season, he has only retired 6 times in 41 starts

Last edited by Mark F1; 5 Jun 2002 at 14:46.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:14 (Ref:305449)   #6
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Cloudy but cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Any thoughts on Renault? They've got a good all-round car and seem able to get more out of the Michelins than Mclaren can - Button podium?
I'll stick my neck out, even though its short and 'stubbly' (is the correct spelling for a neck with stubble?).

Even though in recent races Button has got home and Trulli has blown up and vice versa - I think Renault will get both cars home this time.

One in the points and one just outside.

Mmmm - Button to score (maybe 5th), Trulli to just miss out.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 17:30 (Ref:305460)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My wife and I are going and she's a big Montoya fan, so I'm sure she'll be pleased it isn't supposed to rain, (not that staying dry doesn't have its appeal).

Me, I'm hoping against all logic for another good DC race.
Old 5 Jun 2002, 18:50 (Ref:305526)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
My wife and I are going and she's a big Montoya fan
your wife has taste EERO!! hope you and everyone else going to Montreal have a great time, you lucky devils! (this is the one race i want to go to above all else!!!)
Old 5 Jun 2002, 19:06 (Ref:305540)   #9
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well lets see two races ago I predicted Honda will get their first points and they did. Well this time I am saying that 2 will finish in the points. Sato will also have a good race (I did not read the book but I have the Cliffs notes).

I see a fight between JPM and MS in qualifying. The speed of the Williams's have not really impressed me this year so I feel that MS will be on the top of the podium barring disaster for them. Maybe Next year for Williams this year they will only win by luck.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 18:46 (Ref:306600)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go DC! Let JPM and TGF crash into each other.

btw guys, here's the latest forcast from Environment Canada: http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/sc...CDN_e&city=YUL

60% chance of rain!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 6 Jun 2002, 19:01 (Ref:306613)   #11
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Fisichella show them that you are the best driver on the grid and its not just talk. Then again any Honda in the points will please.