Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Oct 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2310443)   #1
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone else think Massa is getting cocky?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71365

His penalty was undeserved, Hamilton's penalty was deserved and Bourdais penalty was also deserved
Old 12 Oct 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2310448)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Those comments are only to be expected from Ferrari and its employees.

As for him being cocky? Hmm, I'd say he was probably one of the least self-assured drivers out there.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 22:24 (Ref:2310585)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Once briefed by the spin doctors of Ferrari/FIA after incidents he does come across as cocky or maybe just plain gullible (in repeating the rubbish he's been told). He was the same after the unsafe release in Valencia claiming Sutil should have let him pass in the pitlane as he was 'nearly' a lap down anyway.

I like Massa pre races but he should either keep quiet after a dodgy incident/FIA ruling or just grunt and mumble at the microphones like his team mate does.
Old 12 Oct 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2310591)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He was born cocky.

Don't you think ?
Old 13 Oct 2008, 02:54 (Ref:2310689)   #5
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa actually seems quite respectful to the other guys out there.

Just because he didn't think he should have got a penalty and two other drivers deserved theirs does not make him cocky.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 03:28 (Ref:2310701)   #6
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats right on point
Old 13 Oct 2008, 04:54 (Ref:2310749)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa generally seems quite unpleasant, although he is undoubtedly blinkered in these situations that benefit him.

The guy was adamant he deserved the Spa win it seems, so please don't expect any degree of sanity on these matters.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 07:33 (Ref:2310835)   #8
Aloysius
Racer

Aloysius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Up until this year, I would have said Massa was a perfectly honorable and humble driver. Now I think he's just been blinded by the prospect of winning the championship. Cocky? I don't know, I think all drivers are, but I've certainly lost a lot of respect for him this year,
Old 13 Oct 2008, 07:43 (Ref:2310847)   #9
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cocky might not be the right word.

Check his post-race statement http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...8/10/8518.html

I'm not sure I can find right words without using ****
Old 13 Oct 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2311106)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't believe this guy ! How come to say that ?
Old 13 Oct 2008, 12:21 (Ref:2311159)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's obviously got a higher opinion of himself and his importance to the world than most of us do. He's probably right about Lewis being over-aggressive at the start, but this impression that he feels that slower cars should get out of his way regardless of how he tries to pass them is pretty infuriating. Bourdais and Webber have much stronger CVs outside of F1, nepotism has helped Massa reach the top, and this year he's lucky that Raikkonen seems disinterested.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2311189)   #12
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the most appropriate answer would be "for sure"
Old 13 Oct 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2311191)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
He's obviously got a higher opinion of himself and his importance to the world than most of us do. He's probably right about Lewis being over-aggressive at the start, but this impression that he feels that slower cars should get out of his way regardless of how he tries to pass them is pretty infuriating. Bourdais and Webber have much stronger CVs outside of F1, nepotism has helped Massa reach the top, and this year he's lucky that Raikkonen seems disinterested.
Yep this is exactly it. I really do quite like him, but that's completely arrogant to feel that others should move over as they're slower. This is the point of racing. There will always be quicker and slower cars. Your job is to find a way past!!!

Selby
Old 13 Oct 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2311230)   #14
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not cocky. Delusional, maybe, or probably just the sole resident of Planet Massa, where things are happening differently to those on earth.
Probably, though, he's just a mouthpiece for Planet Ferrari.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 13:36 (Ref:2311235)   #15
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, I don't think he's cocky at all.

Quote:
Massa generally seems quite unpleasant,
I completely disagree; I think he comes across as a pleasant guy.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2311238)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Driver in refusing to take blame shock!
Old 13 Oct 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2311244)   #17
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's alright, a lot better than some of the other prima donnas around him.

Unfortunately, occasionally, he has days of absolute madness and yesterday was one of them.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2311262)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Massa cocky?

Even if Massa tries harder to be cocky, he'd still be lagging behind Hamilton in this aspect.

Massa isn't the first one in F1 history who fails to have the ability to see himself making a mistake.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2311304)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I think Fisichella is cocky.

He re-signed with Force India ! Humpfh !!!
Old 13 Oct 2008, 15:23 (Ref:2311321)   #20
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I guess the view from the field would be worth a bit.

Among recent quotes I have heard Kubica say that in his heart he wanted Massa to win the WDC and Alonso recently said he would do everything he could to help Massa win.

I guess if he was as cocky as some think the comments from his fellow drivers would be more akin to the constant complaints made against TBF.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 16:48 (Ref:2311376)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer

I completely disagree; I think he comes across as a pleasant guy.
That should have said pleasant! My bad.

He has been quite irritating of late though with his fervent backing of crazy FIA decisions. I know he's benefitting but even he must surely see that things are a little odd.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 18:51 (Ref:2311450)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, I thought you might've meant that, but couldn't be sure.

I suppose if he wasn't seen to be backing the FIA decisions, and he wins the championship by less than the points he's gained from the despicable stewards' decisions, it would be akin to an admission that he isn't the true champion.
Old 13 Oct 2008, 20:09 (Ref:2311522)   #23
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by massa
I think the duel that followed with Hamilton was hard but fair
Fair is punting someone off, Cocky - maybe, arrogant - yes

Quote:
and the drive-through really penalized my race.
Whats it meant to do, help?

Quote:
As for the incident with Bourdais, I think there's little to say: I had already entered the turn and he hit me from behind, spinning me round.
Cocky - maybe, arrogant -definately
Old 13 Oct 2008, 20:18 (Ref:2311537)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle

...Alonso recently said he would do everything he could to help Massa win.
I think I find that more unpleasant than any of Massa's quotes. Let's face it, Felipe wasn't exactly going to own up to his reckless (I'll give him the benefit) challenge on Lewis nor was he going to own up to the crass error with Sebastien, was he.......?
Old 13 Oct 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2311542)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Cocky - maybe, arrogant -definately
Nah, just silly.

Quote:
Alonso recently said he would do everything he could to help Massa win.
Doesn't this guy realise by now that his way into Ferrari is to keep driving well, because his comments/behaviour off-track aren't the way to go about endearing yourself to a team?