Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 19 Mar 2009, 03:45 (Ref:2418890)   #1
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Posting pictures - How?

Under the FAQ's etc, I would appreciate a step by step instruction for posting images, limitations, general advice, 'do's' and 'don'ts' etc.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 03:48 (Ref:2418891)   #2
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AFAIK, posting pictures is out, meaning that a FAQ topic is next to useless
Old 19 Mar 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2418961)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are two ways to include an image in posts. Subscribers have the uption in most forums to make use of Attachments, where pictures are uploaded to Tenths and thumbnails created and added to posts. To make use of this, in the Quick Reply box select "Go Advanced" and on that page there's the "Manage Attachments" button.

For most users the [img] - Image tag will be of more use, this allows you to insert your picture from an image hosting website.

See http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode for details on usage.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 08:48 (Ref:2419016)   #4
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
There are two ways to include an image in posts. Subscribers have the uption in most forums to make use of Attachments, where pictures are uploaded to Tenths and thumbnails created and added to posts. To make use of this, in the Quick Reply box select "Go Advanced" and on that page there's the "Manage Attachments" button.

For most users the [img] - Image tag will be of more use, this allows you to insert your picture from an image hosting website.

See http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode for details on usage.
Unfortunately some of us as far as computers are concerned are dummies. If you require the procedure for setting BRM V8 camshaft timing I will oblige in step by step easy instructions. For image shack easy highlight image press upload on tool bar and lo and behold image appears on image shack web site why oh why can I not do that on 10/10 without codes??? tags??? etc
Old 19 Mar 2009, 08:56 (Ref:2419024)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
Unfortunately some of us as far as computers are concerned are dummies. If you require the procedure for setting BRM V8 camshaft timing I will oblige in step by step easy instructions. For image shack easy highlight image press upload on tool bar and lo and behold image appears on image shack web site why oh why can I not do that on 10/10 without codes??? tags??? etc
If you use ImageShack, then when you upload an image there a box with the "Direct Link". Copy what's in that box and then in Tenths type [img] then paste and then [/img].

What's what I did with this one:

Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:15 (Ref:2419062)   #6
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the Quick Reply box (that I'm using at the moment), One of the icons is 'Insert Image'. It looks like this .
From any picture on the web, right-click, select propoerties, highlight the address (URL), press Ctrl+C.
In Ten-Tenths, click the icon, then press Ctrl+V.

Hope this helps.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2419102)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In the Quick Reply box (that I'm using at the moment), One of the icons is 'Insert Image'. It looks like this .
From any picture on the web, right-click, select propoerties, highlight the address (URL), press Ctrl+C.
In Ten-Tenths, click the icon, then press Ctrl+V.

Hope this helps.
Doh, I forgot all about that option. Im SO used to doing these things "by hand" that I forget there's usually a button for it!
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2419166)   #8
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, always wary of doing things by hand
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:12 (Ref:2419174)   #9
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
[/IMG]
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2419176)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
p26, it's [.img]URL of the image i.e. http://www.picture.com/picture.jpg [./img]

Just take out the dots and replace the text with a working picture link.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2419180)   #11
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From your attempted post, I think you're entry should read [.img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4449/p261brm.th.jpg[./img] to give

Or using the button, enter 'http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4449/p261brm.th.jpg' in the box

Right-Click on the picture in this post, select properties and look at the Address (URL).
This is the format of information needed for other images from the web

Last edited by crmalcolm; 19 Mar 2009 at 11:20. Reason: Add r-Clk line
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:21 (Ref:2419185)   #12
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4449/p261brm.th.jpg[./img]
just what am I doing so wrong?

Last edited by p261brm; 19 Mar 2009 at 11:33. Reason: change
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2419190)   #13
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Your last entry had 'http://[url=http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p261brm.jpg' as the properties.

remove the [I]'http://[url='[/I] part to end up with an address that includes only one 'http://' and ends with an image extension such as .jpg, .gif etc.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2419197)   #14
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4449/p261brm.th.jpg
its enough to make you sp**
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2419200)   #15
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
p261brm, are you attempting to type the full entry or are you using the button/icon in quick reply?
Old 19 Mar 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2419214)   #16
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
using the button in quick reply
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:23 (Ref:2419232)   #17
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
When you've clicked the button, clear the text that's in the box.
You can then either paste an address from an imageshack direct link, or if the pastes don't seem to work you can type in full the address.
The address of the image so far is http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p261brm.jpg , so this and only this should be in the box.

nb. don't copy and paste the image used in this post as the forum reformats a http address. Type the characters in manually.

Last edited by crmalcolm; 19 Mar 2009 at 12:24. Reason: to add nb
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2419245)   #18
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura

followed your instructions to the letter

Last edited by p261brm; 19 Mar 2009 at 12:46. Reason: to add text
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2419252)   #19
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal

I've just followed your link to the imageshack site.
From the left hand side I can see a number of options.
The second one down is for forums.
Copy this link, paste it into a message and replace the letters URL with IMG at the start and end of the address.

Last edited by crmalcolm; 19 Mar 2009 at 12:47. Reason: further info
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2419253)   #20
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4449/p261brm.jpg
This is the address of the pic which I think is where you are going wrong
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2419256)   #21
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
[IMG=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4449/p261brm.jpg][/IMG]

test post
Old 19 Mar 2009, 12:51 (Ref:2419257)   #22
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Ok, try this (a bit long-winded).
Use the Alt forum link from imageshack.
Delete everything between the first pair of square brackets.
Delete the last set of square brackets.
Add a closing square bracket ] immediately after the first IMG.

Fingers crossed.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2419267)   #23
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
First determine TDC on No1 cyl. [No 1 is lead cyl right hand bank] TDC is achieved by TDI and protractor. in the direction of rotation set protractor as piston stops moving, note reading move crank till piston moves, note reading divide the 2 readings and set protractor. This is TDC. Remove camshafts from cyl head NB do not let the rollers in the camshaft bearings to escape from the loose plummer blocks 13 rollers per bearing.... sorry chaps try another day.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2419274)   #24
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Old 19 Mar 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2419277)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Ok, there's a video here which shows how I used ImageShack to upload the picture in the previous post.