Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 19 Apr 2004, 01:24 (Ref:943712)   #1
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wind Tunnel Monday? (spoiler discussion)

So Kannan is suppose to be on wind tunnel each day this week. Despain mentioned that he was hoping to have the Long Beach Winner on Monday. At the time he said that I thought to myself, it'll be interesting if PT wins. So he did. I think some interesting discussion is bound to come up initiated by Despain or perhaps even Kannan regarding the two series, Kannan leaving, perceived weekness of CART fields (which I think is completely invalid), etc. What do you guys think will happen?
Old 19 Apr 2004, 01:49 (Ref:943725)   #2
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My guess is that they will be politically correct to the point of personal pain. The season is new, the recent battle is over even if the ultimate war is not series' but these guys aren't in charge of that. Tracy will say he wants to see more ovals and Kanaan will say he can't wait to be back on some road courses. These guys are the drivers and don't have bones to pick with each other. Now if it were Tracy and TG on the show....

I smiled big today when Tracy and Mrs. Tags were touring his mobile home and he was showing off his Indy 500 winners trophy. It was like he saw it as his most important...and probably is.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 03:58 (Ref:943756)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was quiet surprised by the trophy case you mention. The guy had a special small trophy case made in his trailer for the purposes of holding the fan's Indy 500 trophy! You're probably right about it being his most important.

My feeling is that it will mostly be a painfull interview, but I think there's an excellent chance an interesting comment or two will come out. When is PT politically correct? For instance Despain may bring up the trophy case. Something's said about the IRL. Tony mentions so-called weak field. PT tells Kannan he's not fit to hold an umbrella over Lavin's car. Again I don't think it would go that far, but a couple of those things could come out non-sequentially.

Last edited by Snrub; 19 Apr 2004 at 03:59.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 04:09 (Ref:943762)   #4
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Snrub
When is PT politically correct?
An excellent point!

There ceratinly is plenty of fuel to start a large fire. We'll see if Despain knows how to play with matches.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 10:39 (Ref:943942)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this should be 123 good i can't wait PT is a good interview, and kanaan he is always fun either way good for us i am curious about insiders doling out there views- if they can be honest.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 16:19 (Ref:944337)   #6
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine being the fan that gave PT that trophy. Celebrities probably receive so much stuff that they either give it away or throw it away. That would be really cool to know Paul appreciated your trophy so much that he keeps it in his Motorcoach.
Old 19 Apr 2004, 16:57 (Ref:944380)   #7
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul was very restrained during the media scrum after LB. I don't know if it was because he was exhausted - or relieved. He did make a hilarious comment about the "high profile drivers" that have left the series that usually would have crashed and caused a bunch of yellows that made us all roar. I look forward to tonight. YES Paul does say things but he is never deliberatly cruel. He's a very nice man.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 19 Apr 2004, 17:06 (Ref:944390)   #8
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I saw that comment mentioned in the cart.com transcript. Sounded hilarious:
Quote:
In the past when we had all of the "superstars" here, we had non-stop yellows. (Laughter). Right? (Laughter) When all of the star drivers were here, everybody was crashing into each other. I remember, you know, in 2001 and 2002, I mean, there was probably ten yellows in the race.

And from the Indy Star:
Quote:
Noting the lack of cautions Sunday, he said: "In the past when we had all the superstars here, we had non-stop yellows."

For emphasis, Tracy used his fingers to put air quotation marks around "superstars."
Gotta love that guy
Old 20 Apr 2004, 00:25 (Ref:944871)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm watching the Bruins play the Canadiens in Game 7 If anybody throws any tomatoes will you please let me know?
Old 20 Apr 2004, 18:04 (Ref:945787)   #10
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I missed the show, was anything said?