Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Oct 2013, 11:08 (Ref:3323593)   #1
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebastian Vettel ist schon wieder Weltmeister!

For the forth time in his career, Sebastian Vettel is the World Champion. Congratulations!
Old 27 Oct 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3323608)   #2
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Yeah, congrats to him.

... Maybe now that's done Red Bull can afford to pay some attention to their second car too...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:00 (Ref:3323623)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is it me?

Or am I more excited about just about anything else right now!

You have to sit in and drive it, but sorry, this does little for me.

tyre rules made it theirs, and that's the be all and end all.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3323625)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Is it me?

You can be bitter about it all you like but that's rubbish. If Mark was Red Bull's lead driver then the title would be going to Italy.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3323626)   #5
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's just you. Or at least, it certainly isn't me.

There is much to criticise in F1, but sometimes it serves the soul to cast that aside and appreciate a true great, in his achievement and unbridled joy. That celebration said more about Sebastian Vettel the human being than any pointy finger.

And how dare anyone suggest that India doesn't 'deserve' a grand prix. At least their fans showed a champion the respect he deserves.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3323628)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

No, it's not just you. I'm left largely unmoved, and I'm really rather disappointed about how I feel. But I'll leave others to celebrate what is quite an achievement, however any of us choose to look at it - but I DO have the right to view it as I choose to....
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3323630)   #7
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Big congrats to Vettel! Agains a deserved champ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
And how dare anyone suggest that India doesn't 'deserve' a grand prix. At least their fans showed a champion the respect he deserves.
This Indian GP showed me far more than the previous two combined. The race was quite good and entertaining, there were active fans everywhere you looked and the smog actually enhanced everything by creating a smokey sort of atmosphere. The track was never bad, so it all came together today, along with the great respect the locals showed to the drivers. I'm glad the Indian GP is going out on a high note.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:12 (Ref:3323631)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Completely with you there Ayse. You can only be honest about how you feel. Sometimes fans allow their blinkers to affect that honesty, but I know that's not you.

It could be that, much as Seb said himself, it will need looking back from ten years hence to truly appreciate his achievements.

Then again, we might be looking back at a four time one make wonder.

I'm not sure what I think about next years rule changes themselves, but I am hoping they will mix things up.

That aside, from an entirely personal point of view, my interest may not peak until Vettel signs for Ferrari.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:14 (Ref:3323632)   #9
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
This Indian GP showed me far more than the previous two combined. The race was quite good and entertaining, there were active fans everywhere you looked and the smog actually enhanced everything by creating a smokey sort of atmosphere. The track was never bad, so it all came together today, along with the great respect the locals showed to the drivers. I'm glad the Indian GP is going out on a high note.
Well said.

Let's hope this improves the chances of a return. F1 is a global sport. It should have a round in the world's largest democracy.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:19 (Ref:3323633)   #10
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
'haters gonna hate'

I'm not a fan of his, but i don't think you can dispute that he is something special.

Congratulations.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:29 (Ref:3323637)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Completely with you there Ayse. You can only be honest about how you feel. Sometimes fans allow their blinkers to affect that honesty, but I know that's not you.
Thanks Garc, I appreciate that as I know some here think I'm just a Vettel-hater. I just want to see really great competition and I don't believe we're seeing that. Wheel to wheel racing, lap after lap, race after race. And if Sebastien still emerges victorious, that's fine by me. But when we rate races these days we give them an 8 or a 9 because one driver pulled off one great overtake.... As the late great Michael Karoli once said, 'I Want More'.....
Old 27 Oct 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3323644)   #12
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Fangio won four-on-the-trot partly because he selected the best car each year. Do we hate him? And if not, why not? Now there's an opening for a debate......
Old 27 Oct 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3323646)   #13
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Fangio won four-on-the-trot partly because he selected the best car each year. Do we hate him? And if not, why not? Now there's an opening for a debate......
No, I don't hate Fangio. I don't hate Vettel either, I just don't like him.
There are only 3 people in this world I really hate, and that's because they did something deliberately to hurt me and/or people I care about.
When I would happen to walk into Vettel, I would just ignore him as much as he would ignore me.
As for those 3 people, the outcome would be very different.

Back to Fangio. I feel different about Fangio re. Vettel (or Schumacher), because:
1. I wasn't around at the time
2. Fangio didn't have Mr. Marko around, or Mr. Brawn. Or did he? In that case: see 1.
3. Cars actually broke down then - even the best ones
4. ...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3323664)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Well, congrats to him, he deserves it, he is special, he is one of the greats now and he has a long way to go, so beware.

I have nothing against him as much as he doesn't add anything to my love for F1... but that has been happening for a long time.

Vettel is one year old than my oldest son, so that means I could well be his father. I see my sons, they have a bright future with their ambitions and I hope the best for them, they have so much to do... so being at the top of the world at this age, is really an amazing accomplishment.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 14:12 (Ref:3323668)   #15
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Is it me?

Too true Blue, no matter how boreing, never walked away from an F! race till today.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3323677)   #16
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The man in the cockpit was a significant part of what made a Red Bull the strongest package.Just look at what the other Red Bull has achieved this year.I think he deserves hearty congratulations for his win and if the other teams had the same kind of strength in both design and driving,the title might still be up for grabs.It was a boring race today and I suspect viewing figures for the remainder may fall as the outcome is hardly edge of the seat potential.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3323680)   #17
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congratulations to Vettel aka Fingerman! He even gave us a celebratory donut for his 4th WDC. Yes - there was the "Multi 21" controversy and the Turkey incident in 2010 - but Vettel hasn't attempted to ram someone off the road. He has worked hard to gain these titles. He deserves the success. It looks likely that he will set records that probably won't be beaten for a long time.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:07 (Ref:3323681)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
It looks likely that he will set records that probably won't be beaten for a long time.
Quite possibly so. But didn't we say that about another German driver.....
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3323687)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And that was not long ago...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3323690)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Seems like yesterday. Don't you just love deja vu.......?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:32 (Ref:3323697)   #21
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I honestly think it doesn't matter who won 4 titles in a row with Red Bull - he would undoubtedly be unpopular. If it was Kimi, he'd be universally hated. He only gets away with his arrogance (which apparently makes him entertaining) because he doesn't dominate anything.

Congratulations Vettel. Congratulations to everyone at Red Bull too. Worthy winners in my eyes.

Never been so bored with F1 though. But it's been terminally dull before, maybe even more so before my time. The only difference is, no one turns to other areas of motorsport anymore. That's the price we pay for Bernie having 90% of the motorsport cake.

The Sky Sports F1 channel shows repeats of features all week and blissfully ignores the rest of the exciting, magical, thrilling world of motorsport.

Says it all.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3323698)   #22
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
...... but Vettel hasn't attempted to ram someone off the road. .......
Apart from his team-mate...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3323702)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Next year is another year with new rules, and if Newey is gone in 2014, all the better for it as the bloke deserves at least half the credit for this title.

As do Pirelli and the folks and Red Bull for somehow getting the tyre rule changed.

the season was looking interesting until the Silverstone debacle, and the fallout simply walked the title into RBR hands, since then, the car has been unbeatable. And Seb has proved his worth by basically getting into a comfy slipper every week.

Obviously the bloke can do no wrong, this is perhaps his easiest title, he hasn't been made to work nearly as much as previous years which is why I think a lot of fans are not really that interested. Mark hasn't looked at all interested this year and knew months ago he was off, shame on RBR for letting that happen, they should have put someone else in it, but why would you when the bloke single handedly wins both titles for you

But seriously, anyone who thinks one of the top 5 or 6 guys out there couldn't win in that car is deluded.

Think of it this way, think of a dominant car and imagine the top 4 in it from that era, then think would you be surprised if any of them won it instead of the man that did.

Plaudits for RBR for getting into this position in the first place obviously, but some of the people on here who should know better calling people blinkered says far more than I could about F1 right now.

Simple fact is, dominance does only one person good, the bloke that is. NOONE ELSE wins, fans, tracks, promoters, teams, media. Simple as.

I will add though that the stuff about him donutting is a load of rubbish. One of the things I like about Seb is his sense of fun and what he did was nothing. It was and should have been taken in good spirit, and for the FIS headshakers to have a moan really shows us what this sport is now all about.

Maybe if all this stuff was still allowed and F1 hadn't got so far away from itself, drievrs wouldn't be the machines they now are.

In Seb's defence here, he is perhaps one of the few still able to make me laugh! And this kind of thing adds to that. Hope if they fine him he demands the money goes to charity or something, as that's a joke.

Last edited by chunder; 27 Oct 2013 at 15:50.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 16:46 (Ref:3323725)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congrats Sebastian. Great, great job.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 17:18 (Ref:3323750)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to Vettel, Red Bull and Newey.