Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:35 (Ref:1787703)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Young Lions.........

Whispers from the powder room suggest that the same organisation that brought you the 2006 V8Supercar Driver's Champion is looking to run a number of cars in the Fujitsu Development series in season 2007 and beyond.

Branded after the 'Holder Young Lions' of yesteryear, it is said that the entry price to ride in an ex-Skaife or ex-Kelly or ex-Tander VZ Commodore is upwards of $700,000 for the season plus damage costs!!

Which creates a few other questions..

If this situation is correct, and one or more of these cars shall run in the development series, and their main series parents are already grouped because of their affiiliation with the Walkinshaw Performance preparation entity, does this mean that the development series cars shall be unable to test all year?? That would be pretty handy for a newcomer not being able to test the car he can race, and paying over the odds for the privilege....

How does this impact the salary cap/cost control provisions of TEGA's latest brain explosion on cost containment? By charging such a rate that is not close to cost, is this a possible mechanism to generate additional income and appoint additional resources for the main series squad but funded by the lucky driver of the development series weapon?

Presuming any of this actually happened
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Dec 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1787708)   #2
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought all the HMS cars from this year were already sold? Or is Mr D'Alberto going to be re-branded HYL with Mr Reynolds in the other car?
Old 11 Dec 2006, 10:20 (Ref:1787753)   #3
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Way off again GTR.
Old 11 Dec 2006, 10:33 (Ref:1787771)   #4
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i guess he can afford to run more cars in the series next year as the champion car only sold for 100 bucks on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RICK-KELLY-VZ...cmd ZViewItem
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:02 (Ref:1787805)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem
I thought all the HMS cars from this year were already sold? Or is Mr D'Alberto going to be re-branded HYL with Mr Reynolds in the other car?
There are 6 in current use, with a number of others coming back into the fold, including 2 trade ins....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Dec 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1787813)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harves
Way off again GTR.
Hmmm... so the young drivers knocking on their door and being told the asking price are all making the story up?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Dec 2006, 02:29 (Ref:1788558)   #7
v8smoker
Racer

Bahrain
tent
v8smoker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
100G a round may not be to bad if you have the gear to win the series. Don't know what you think it would cost to run a Dev car at the level of main series, they are not rolling out some old nail, You want to make it you have to spend the fun vouchers on the good gear prove your good enough to drive it n hope some one picks you up.

What are the top teams charging for a porsche round next year? may not be a lot cheaper
Old 12 Dec 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1788766)   #8
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
I stand by my previous comment.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 01:23 (Ref:1789434)   #9
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So tell us the figure then Harves.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1789440)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Maybe its higher? Maybe we should ask one of the blokes who won at Phillip Island last weekend...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2006, 01:42 (Ref:1789447)   #11
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Good GTR but the $$$$ way off.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 01:52 (Ref:1789452)   #12
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i know of a lesser team that wants $300,000 for their car for the year. And that is probably only a mid field car.
Old 13 Dec 2006, 02:01 (Ref:1789461)   #13
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know of prices of $40k - $50K a round from a couple of teams that feild cars that would be lucky to run in the middle of the pack.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Dec 2006, 06:08 (Ref:1789570)   #14
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
I know of prices of $40k - $50K a round from a couple of teams that feild cars that would be lucky to run in the middle of the pack.
That must be a cheap ride mtpanorama, I've heard figures quoted of $60K - $70K per round for what I would class as pretty average rides also.

I'll stick to my Sports Sedan thanks, just as fast, miles cheaper, and we screw it together ourselves so we know it won't fall apart..........

Last edited by FalconEL; 13 Dec 2006 at 06:12.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 13 Dec 2006, 07:22 (Ref:1789593)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The interesting piece here though is that Walkinshaw Performance have sold/allocated 4 of their current inventory of 6 chassis....

2x Tony D'Alberto Racing (D'Alberto/McNally)
1x The Z Man (Zukanovic)
1x Latitude Developments (Thompson)

So WP will arguably have 4 development series cars, and 4 main series cars under its technical assistance banner....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2006, 07:42 (Ref:1789599)   #16
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What of the current D'Alberto machines? Are they being traded back to WP or can we expect a 4 car operation next year?
Old 13 Dec 2006, 08:27 (Ref:1789617)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60
What of the current D'Alberto machines? Are they being traded back to WP or can we expect a 4 car operation next year?
Trade ins at Happy Tom's Used Supercar lot
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2006, 08:32 (Ref:1789619)   #18
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does that mean we could see thompson in hsv or hrt car come enduro time?
Old 13 Dec 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1789635)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hrt Kid
does that mean we could see thompson in hsv or hrt car come enduro time?
I am sure the connections would like to think that
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2006, 22:13 (Ref:1790151)   #20
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The interesting piece here though is that Walkinshaw Performance have sold/allocated 4 of their current inventory of 6 chassis....

2x Tony D'Alberto Racing (D'Alberto/McNally)
1x The Z Man (Zukanovic)

So WP will arguably have 4 development series cars, and 4 main series cars under its technical assistance banner....
How many 2005/6 chassis do they have, is it 5 with another newie mid-06 season?, and who gets stuck with 03 units?
Old 13 Dec 2006, 22:40 (Ref:1790165)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
All is for sale, if you have the asking price apparently...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2006, 23:09 (Ref:1790182)   #22
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
It's funny I was doing Hot laps down at PI on Tuesday and a couple of cars left over from the weekend were having an awful lot of work done to them...... nope I ain't telling what team
Old 14 Dec 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1790203)   #23
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So any WP cars left for Reynolds or Douglas to have a crack in?
Old 14 Dec 2006, 00:27 (Ref:1790209)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie
So any WP cars left for Reynolds or Douglas to have a crack in?
Of course... do they have $700k?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Dec 2006, 00:57 (Ref:1790218)   #25
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I was looking forward to Tomo in a Ford next year and with help from Dick Johnson.