Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Aug 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1675116)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher's move on Fisi

I was brought back to memories of 1997 when MS rammed JV. It looked to me that MS attempted to pip Fisi's rear wheel to spin him out. He timed it wrong and lost his front wing. If you saw the onboard cam on MS's car, you could clearly see the deliberate steering wheel motion to the left. The replay speaks for itself.

The replacement commentator (whoever he was) stated MS was fighting oversteer....I don't buy it. MS did it again on another car and it spun out, but not sure if that was a deliberate move.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1675142)   #2
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a correction for the oversteer. What would MS gain from punting Fisi off and risking damage to his own car?
Old 6 Aug 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1675170)   #3
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i did'nt see anything wrong with it. Ms, just corrected himself from oversterring.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1675184)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
cos, beau1 and the replacement commentator the F1 driver Anthony Davidson are spot on - Michael was correcting the back stepping out.

It is nothing like Jerez 1997. What would be to gain?
Old 6 Aug 2006, 14:25 (Ref:1675430)   #5
goodhorsehymn
Racer

goodhorsehymn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are you on about F1Pete?
Old 6 Aug 2006, 14:35 (Ref:1675444)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Okay, so that sorted. Now what about the later battles with de la Rosa and Heidfeld. Clean and fair or cynical and pointless?
Old 6 Aug 2006, 14:39 (Ref:1675448)   #7
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Didn't see enough of the Heidfeld one.

I think the De La Rosa move's were close racing...but when he cut the chicane, it was over and the position should have been given back. Any blocks he made after that were out of order.

Fortunately nothing 'bad' happened.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1675458)   #8
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd agree with Hazard in that TV didn't really show enough of Schumacher and Heidfeld to judge. With the case of the fight with de la Rosa, Schumacher really should have aquiesed the postion after cutting the chicane, but at least de la Rosa mananged to get the position soon enough.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1675459)   #9
Big-O
Racer

Iceland
Iceland
Big-O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a normal correction after hitting the curbbs ...

RTL showd it NH/MS and there was nothing wrong from Nick .. they just toucht a bit and that damaged MS front.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:24 (Ref:1675518)   #10
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete
I was brought back to memories of 1997 when MS rammed JV. It looked to me that MS attempted to pip Fisi's rear wheel to spin him out. He timed it wrong and lost his front wing. If you saw the onboard cam on MS's car, you could clearly see the deliberate steering wheel motion to the left. The replay speaks for itself.

The replacement commentator (whoever he was) stated MS was fighting oversteer....I don't buy it. MS did it again on another car and it spun out, but not sure if that was a deliberate move.
Interesting observation. When I saw MS touching Fisi's right rear tyre, the flashback that first hit me was the incident between MS and DC at the Argentinian GP of 1998. It was very similar. Except on that day MS did manage to shunt DC off the track.

Last edited by freud; 6 Aug 2006 at 15:29.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:35 (Ref:1675528)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's his stigma.

But now it's non-sense to think it was on-purpose or somethinh like that...
Old 6 Aug 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1675530)   #12
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Yes, what a cheat he is ... trying to deliberately damage his own car ... nasty man.

And, while we are at it, what about that FILTHY driver Raikkonnen??? Deliberately smashing into Liuzzi and ruining his race ... he should be BANNED immediately!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1675553)   #13
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think we should ban the clouds, for deliberately leaking fluid onto the track.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1675566)   #14
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, nothing dodgy by TGF on Fisi at all, just a cock up

He should've let DLR through after cutting the chicane, and would expect him to have been penalised had he not retired. I wouldn't mind seeing him receive some sort of punishment for boneheadedness by the next race, but I am rather biased...

And was it just me, or did he seem to be closing the door on Alonso when Fernando was lapping him? Hmmm...he certainly didn't make it easy
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1675571)   #15
Michael Edick
Racer

United States
Pine Grove, CA
Michael Edick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and what about banning Bernie, for setting up the race so Jenson could win?
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1675578)   #16
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not forget John Button, for producing Jenson in the first place. How dare he!
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1675586)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
Yes, what a cheat he is ... trying to deliberately damage his own car ... nasty man.

And, while we are at it, what about that FILTHY driver Raikkonnen??? Deliberately smashing into Liuzzi and ruining his race ... he should be BANNED immediately!
????

I guess he just wanted to destroy a McLaren before he leaves the team...
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1675592)   #18
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
He should've let DLR through after cutting the chicane, and would expect him to have been penalised had he not retired. I wouldn't mind seeing him receive some sort of punishment for boneheadedness by the next race, but I am rather biased...
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:24 (Ref:1675600)   #19
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he saw he was being passed and accelerated harder and got oversteer. It was a race with some racing, for Christ's sake, let's not condemn it.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1675622)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Indeed, much more action than we've seen all year.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1675635)   #21
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mm, presumably he would have got a penalty for the DLR incident had Pedro not got past and nullified the whole thing. TGF did seem to be quite... fiery today. The incident with Fisi, the DLR and Heidfeld ones, as well as making it pretty difficult for Alonso to get through when lapping. (BTW, he certainly made up a lot of time in the safety car period. One moment he was being lapped, then we had a safety car and I went to the loo and came back and he was only 9s behind!)

Has anyone actually seen what happened with Heidfeld? I'm still not sure whether to curse ITV or the MTV director.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1675688)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some peoples judgement of these things is frankly unbelievable.

Michael was correcting an oversteer slide, pretty obviously I'd have thought!

But obviously, I haven't considered the very real possibility that Michael may have wanted to take Fisi out of contention for the drivers title.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1675692)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
But obviously, I haven't considered the very real possibility that Michael may have wanted to take Fisi out of contention for the drivers title.
and also ruin his... its so obvious it has it to be true....
Old 6 Aug 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1675706)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny how the first time Bridgestone go into a wet race with a disadvantage in years is the first time the Rain Master looks like a rank amateur in a wet race in years. The Fisichella move was a driving error, the dlR incident looked like a blatant block, and people who've seen the Heidfeld incident seem to universally blame him.
Old 6 Aug 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1675708)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Michael is undoubtedly very good in the wet, but there are others possibly equally good. Now they aren't at the mercy of rank Michelin tyres, that is showing.