Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Sep 2004, 02:19 (Ref:1110819)   #1
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's Your Bathurst Routine?

Was thinking that for all the years going to Bathurst, we have the same basic routine each year.

Leave Wagga after work Friday for Young.
Meet the boys from Canberra and have a few ales at the Eastern or the Criterion and stay in town.
Designated sober person gets up early and fights with other lads to get them out of bed.
Brekky at Maccas at Cowra, arrive at circuit about 9am.
Rapid run thru the merchandise area, quick perve then in the bus to the top for the days entertainment.
Shootout now in arvo so thrown plans a little but afterwards stagger into town, usually ending up at the Ox and maybe on to Panthers. There's usually some loud stuff on there (Radiators a few years ago. Choirboys too one year I think...)
4am start on Sunday to dig the St Vinnies lounge into the hill at Murrays (we had a 6ft jemmy bar one year when the drought was bad...)
First Bourbon just as the sun peeks over the Blue Mountains, then settle in and enjoy the show...

What's your story??????
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 30 Sep 2004, 02:52 (Ref:1110826)   #2
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buy a supply of Sony Beta video tapes, and tape every second of the telecast on each day it is on, editing the adds out as I go.

Have done since 1988.

Putting them all onto DVD will be fun!

Last edited by Dazz; 30 Sep 2004 at 02:53.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 02:54 (Ref:1110828)   #3
Boss330
Rookie

Boss330 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrive top of the hill wednesday lunch - the rest is a blur
Old 30 Sep 2004, 03:29 (Ref:1110830)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We'll be doing what we did last year, hire a caravan and camp in the paddock. We'll set up camp Wednesday morning. and we're all finished Saturday morning.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 04:45 (Ref:1110843)   #5
V8 Superdave
Racer

V8 Superdave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, sadly my routine isn't actually at the mountain...

I live in Perth, where thank God, we at least get the live telecast...

i work as DJ until 3.00 am, will go for a feed with the boys from the band playing at the pub i work at until around 4.30 am, then home to turn on the TV, crank the stereo speakers, and engage "arse park" mode, moving only when ad breaks are apparent.

**Note.... it IS acceptible in the early part of the transmission to atend to things like food, getting changed and the like... but once we get to reviewing the practice, and the top ten shootout, the mobile gets turned off, the phone goes off the hook, and i'm not contactable until race end.

All going well, with Marcos taking the win this year.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1110847)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ahhh the bathurst traditions

usually I get everything ready in the way of food , drink and viewing area the week of the race all bought and ready to go.

drive myself crazy with whats happening on friday at the moutain (but this year channel 10 are showing Friday which is excellent )

take it easy on saturday watching qualifying and the konica race , and sunday put on a doo.

everything gets laid out and the drinks are ready , and at 10am on sunday moring I take my first mouthfull of drink , i try and last all day but usually drink too much and dont make it to the end and end up re-watching the race to see what happened properly.

Last year was good because I lasted all day and even through the japanese Grand prix before passing out.

cant wait till next weekend
Old 30 Sep 2004, 05:48 (Ref:1110854)   #7
brendan24688
Racer

brendan24688 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well thi syear is my first time. I live in brissy and am leaving thursday arvo. Stayin at Mcphillamy park. Any suggestions like wat is god to see ect?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 06:01 (Ref:1110864)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Go to www.v8supercars.com.au click on 2004 series and you can download the event schedule, print this out and you'll know what's on when.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 06:44 (Ref:1110879)   #9
Boss330
Rookie

Boss330 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by brendan24688
Well thi syear is my first time. I live in brissy and am leaving thursday arvo. Stayin at Mcphillamy park. Any suggestions like wat is god to see ect?
Plenty on in town throughtout the week, joint jumps, pits are good sat arvo but nothing beats watching them thundering over the top at 10.01am sunday morn especially if one of henry's boys are in front!!!!
ENJOY
Old 30 Sep 2004, 07:15 (Ref:1110892)   #10
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst routines.... I recall a few years ago when my wife was showing dogs taking a TV to a show on the Gold Coast. Managed to get the dogs into the showring in ad breaks and when boring stuff was on.
Anyway, one of the dogs won Best in Group and I had to take it in for Best in Show because he showed best for me.
This is about 3.30pm and the judge is dicking around.
So when the judge comes up to me I say: "Can you speed it up? There's only 10 laps to go and its gunna be a ripper fo a finish!"
A minute later the judge turns around, points at my dog, says "Best in Show!"
I grab the sash and the trophy, bolt back to the TV and see the last five laps. Even picked the winner and won $50 on a bet with my mate!
Old 30 Sep 2004, 07:17 (Ref:1110894)   #11
Ozfords
Racer

Australia
Blue Mountains
Ozfords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, ensurng provisions are secure, Saturday night I try and get to sleep.

Sunday morning awaking at the dawn of crack and making my way to the tele. Switching it on to see the end of the God Hour and turning up the volume as the "brought to you by..." ads begin. Sitting back to enjoy the thrills, spills and drama of the Bob Jane T-Marts Bathurst 1000.

Its been pretty much the same except for Bathurst 2000 where I switched off the tele in disgust after seeing Longhurst trundle back to the pits...

This year I'll be seeing it in 3D with yobbos in surround sound.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 07:23 (Ref:1110898)   #12
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats Awesome!!

This year ill be there from Wednesday evening and get home on Monday sometime, hopefully with enough time to watch the tape. Ill be too busy during the week to take it all in. I still havent seen the Murph in the dunny footage, True Story!
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1111014)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year it will probably be haul the big arsed TV into work on Friday... and don't bother serving any customers for a while!

Normally race day is up at sparrows fart and go off to the shrine... but deadset, time for a change, ey CD?
Old 30 Sep 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1111059)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: What's Your Bathurst Routine?

Quote:
Originally posted by Average Punter
4am start on Sunday to dig the St Vinnies lounge into the hill at Murrays...
I hope you arent hanging your hat on having the lounge brought inside, I believe there are some Lounge Police on patrol this year, who wont be allowing comfortable seating equipment into the perimeter of the circuit

My routine is similar each year, try and convince work to give me time off during our year end preparations, wangle the Thursday/Friday/Monday break, with a promise of being contactable by phone or email....

... knowing it is too loud at the track to hear the phone, well some calls anyway

Up at the circuit Thursday morning, wander all round the place for 4 days... take pics, shoot the sheet, enjoy the views, enjoy the spectacle.. the atmosphere...

... get sunburnt, keep the Diet Coke shop busy... collapse in a crumbled heap by about Saturday afternoon....

... get to sleep early Sat night, up early Sunday, stand on pit straight for "touchoff"... spend the rest wandering and looking and enjoying
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:35 (Ref:1111131)   #15
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just drive in and out of the place whenever i feel like. Its good living in Bathurst and having pit access and a car pass.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 30 Sep 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1111151)   #16
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depending what time i get home on saturday night, either wake up at 6.55am or stay up for the telecast start.....

The telecast times on the saturday have changed so many times over the years a routine is hard to get into for the saturday
Old 30 Sep 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1111208)   #17
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrive there on Tuesday with 2 race cars. Have a relaxed day Wednesday washing the bloody truck. Then all 4 race days up early at the track before 7am. Have fun sometimes throughout the day and other times just sleep with the cars about 5 feet away.

All in all its a great time for all of us and then wait until the next race at Indy for another great time
Old 30 Sep 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1111289)   #18
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My routine would be to have a squiz at the Top 10 and the Konica race on the Saturday. However I would not watch the entire Saturday coverage.

Sunday routine is to wake up half an hour before the start of the race and sit there. Toilet breaks during the ads. I spend 10 minutes at 12:00 PM for a hot lunch, but I eat it as quickly as possible in order to get back to the race without missing too much (hopefully).
Old 30 Sep 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1111776)   #19
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only tradition other than the stock standard bum in park mode, phone off and girlfriend given the pre-event "talk" about interuptions is the stocking up of these ice block things called "Flav-or-ice"... Dad set the rules when I was a spog; "you can only get up to get yourself another flav-or-ice during the ad breaks.. it's been the same way ever since (18 years and counting).
Old 30 Sep 2004, 22:17 (Ref:1111811)   #20
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All ways varied my locations but concentration levels start to rise at 5 minutes before start with total levels of energy to be expand talking BS with mates on different pit Strategy and havin a few quiets which by the end of the telecast has become very noisy's depending on who is in the lead even had tapes shipped to america to watch the race when living there and to continue the ritual
Old 30 Sep 2004, 23:40 (Ref:1111857)   #21
brendan24688
Racer

brendan24688 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a question. Is there power points at the campsites in Mcphillamy park?? or any way i can take a tv and plug it in somewhere? cause we are also takin a caravan.

Last edited by brendan24688; 30 Sep 2004 at 23:41.
Old 1 Oct 2004, 03:42 (Ref:1111895)   #22
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Un-registered vehciles, lounge chairs and ride-on mowers are all banned this year!
Old 1 Oct 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1112132)   #23
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Party poopers!

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 1 Oct 2004, 10:27 (Ref:1112153)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
Un-registered vehciles, lounge chairs and ride-on mowers are all banned this year!
Its ok, there will be plenty of rental cars on the paddock with a yearning for circle work
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 1 Oct 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1112166)   #25
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used to get up at six, pour the good stuff on the Coco Pops and watch the the top ten to get me more in the mood if they were underdone.

I remember Ch7 and the Today Tonight Dick Johnson "Can he do it" thing for current affairs.

Now I get up at 7 am and don't worry if my brother has enough milk on his Coco Pops...

Last edited by Mattracer; 1 Oct 2004 at 10:39.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport