Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jun 2003, 20:56 (Ref:635981)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisichella: I would pay to drive for Ferrari

Gazzetta has a story up. Quotes:
"Pagherei la Ferrari pur di diventare una guida della rossa".
"Ho letto sui giornali di un interessamento di alcune scuderie come Toyota o Jaguar, ma per il momento non ho avuto nessun contatto. Nel mio futuro mi aspetto un'auto competitiva, ne ho bisogno. Credo di avere le capacitÃ* per andare in un grande team, un team vincente. Le prossime gare saranno importanti per mettermi in mostra". Mmeglio seconda guida alla Ferrari o prima alla McLaren? E la risposta, diretta: "Meglio seconda alla Ferrari".
----
I would pay to be a driver of one of the reds. I read in the paper of an interest in me by Toyota or Jaguar, but for the moment I have not been contacted. In my future, I expect a competative car, I really need it. I think I have the capacity to go to a big team, a winning team. The next races will be important for me to demonstrate this. Better the second seat at Ferrari, or the top seat at McLaren? The direct response" The second at Ferrari.
----
Are you listening, LUCA????
Old 18 Jun 2003, 22:18 (Ref:636057)   #2
Coach44
Racer

Coach44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisichella in a Ferrari is as unlikely as JV in a Ferrari. He's too good to be pairing TGF.
Old 18 Jun 2003, 22:37 (Ref:636075)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe Michael will have a change of heart after he wins his 6th championship, and becomes the undisputed greatest driver of all time (statistically, anyways).
Old 18 Jun 2003, 23:28 (Ref:636095)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Fisi at Ferrari would be class. It would magnificently aid the team's title challenges, for Rubens, much as he can, SOMETIMES, put in a good performance - it is just not good enough.

I would support anybody, so long as they are an improvement on Rubens, being Michael's team-mate, for I am, rightly or wrongly, absolutely confident in his ability to beat them.

However, on the GF front, it just won't happen. The principle reason? No, nothing about contracts. Politics. I believe Ferrari wouldn't want an Italian driver at present, so as to not cause elements becoming an irritant to the team's efficieny.

On this point, I am torn. Part of me agrees, since I desire Ferrari to achieve their maximum - which is made more difficult if cetain factors come into play. However, on the flip-side, it tears me apart that Ferrari will probably not hire, at present, an Italian driver to drive the Prancing Horse. It is, in some ways, tantamount to sleeping with the Devil.

Hrrrmmm.

We'll see.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 00:29 (Ref:636128)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm crossing my fingers right now that Fisichella is given a chance at Ferrari.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 00:57 (Ref:636140)   #6
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisichella is a true racer, that's for sure, let's hope Ferrari recognise this and give him a chance.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 01:40 (Ref:636150)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Frankly, I adore Fisi, but there is a certain desperation about the amount of press devoted to his future. I would become a Tifosi again if he were to drive for the Prancing Horse, but the whole issue is dangerously close to leading to disappointment for the little Roman.

If I were Todt, I'd give serious thought to releasing Rubens and signing Fisi-but i'm not and I suspect that Fisichella and Zanarini are getting desperate because none of the big three will bite. If MacCaroon replace DC, (a slim chance) they may opt for youth figuring that Kimi is a winner and the future). Ralf seems to have quieted his critics for now and seems destined to re-sign with Willliams. Unless Ferrari show Rubens the door, he's locked out and that seems increasingly likely.

Despite the fact that his future hinges upon the next two months in an incrreasingly uncompetitive Jordan, he cannot allow the big three to see his desperation. i feel for him and would love to see him get the chance he deserves, but I am less convinced than ever that it will come.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 02:30 (Ref:636163)   #8
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think Fissi will end up at Williams as he is desperate and that means cheap which is gold to FW's ears and lets face it Fissi is up to the job but next year its a case of now our never. Ralf will head to MAC & DC will fight for a drive with JV at Jag TO second Mark as for Ferrari Massa will make a short comeback
Old 19 Jun 2003, 04:02 (Ref:636207)   #9
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But possibly GF has been a driver-in-waiting for so many season that when it does come, either Ferrari slips into the doldrums post-Schumacher as the reality sets in, or he puts too much pressure on himself that he blows his cool. His Italian heritage should be an ideal match for the team, but I'm leaning towards a JPM/Alonso pairing in an ideal world, sans contractual constraints.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 19 Jun 2003, 06:20 (Ref:636255)   #10
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with Fisi and JV offering their services up cheap to drive in a top team will definately get some bosses interested. IMO Ralf, Trulli and DC are on thin ice and could be on their way out. I really hope Fisi can land one of those drives as he deserves a decent ride.

Ferrari??? Not a chance. Shumi won't drive with anybody that might come close to challenging him. IMO Shumi would beat any teammate (yes including Villeneuve!) but the fact that he's not willing to prove he is the best, against the best, he will never have my vote for best GP racer of all time.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 06:41 (Ref:636269)   #11
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good points Teddy. Those two are good drivers, and at least DC and Trulli have been definately outgunned. They're hungry drivers. And I think that may also be something that'll hurt Ralf, after Canada particularly. Frank and Pat sound like they want a hungry racer and Fisichella is definately that.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 07:10 (Ref:636289)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
as for Ferrari Massa will make a short comeback
I'd agree. They'll stick Massa in that seat before Fisi, he's to old now to be 'the future' for Ferrari.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 08:12 (Ref:636336)   #13
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WOW Damon this is weird we're agreeing a lot lately

But to the point Massa will be short lived I'am sure Ferrari like there cars in tac
Old 19 Jun 2003, 08:22 (Ref:636341)   #14
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have to consider that Fisi made that interview to an italian paper, who has the same owner of Ferrari; an italian driver would be lynched by italian opinion if he dared say that would prefer anyone to Ferrari; but I think that, if given the right opportunity in a prime english team (williams or macs) he would catch it rather than being the third MS second driver.
Twas politically correct to say that Ferrari would be his choice at whatever condition, but i'm not sure at all it reflects Fisi's real thoughts.

Last edited by climb; 19 Jun 2003 at 08:22.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 08:42 (Ref:636355)   #15
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Fisi getting a drive for Ferrari, i think it'll go to either Massa or Badoer.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 10:43 (Ref:636444)   #16
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Badoer NEVER!

Massa maybe.

i agree Fissi at Williams if not Jacques
Old 19 Jun 2003, 14:53 (Ref:636693)   #17
aport
Rookie

aport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see Fisi in a Ferrari. However I do not think it will happen. Only because the reaction of italians would be no different then if Enzo had sold the marque to Ford years ago.

Just remember the world wide reaction of Austria last year. I seem to recall italians buring Ferrari flags in the streets.

No imagine if that driver was NOT woobins but instead an italian guy named Fisichella...
Old 19 Jun 2003, 15:09 (Ref:636701)   #18
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TeddyG
Ferrari??? Not a chance. Shumi won't drive with anybody that might come close to challenging him. IMO Shumi would beat any teammate (yes including Villeneuve!) but the fact that he's not willing to prove he is the best, against the best, he will never have my vote for best GP racer of all time.
Why is it that most everyone you talk to would agree that Michael would beat any teammate, yet he seems personally unwilling to risk it? Why has he never made an attempt to learn Italian?
Old 19 Jun 2003, 15:53 (Ref:636734)   #19
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Could somebody please tell me on what basis and with what evidence we can say that Schuey isn't willing to have a teammate whom he has to work hard to beat? When Barrichello was signed for 2000, he was regarded as a quick man who had shone for Stewart but had otherwise not had top-quality material to demonstrate his worth. He's proved pretty quick, occasionally (gasp) quicker than Schuey, but overall Schuey's beaten him. But in what sense has Schuey vetoed any driver coming to Ferrari? Can you direct me to an occasion when Luca Montezemolo wanted to hire a "quick" driver but was overruled by Schuey? Of course not.

Oh, and before someone mentions Eddie Irvine, please remember that Swerve was pretty handy at times, did win races and came oh-so-close to being World Champion.

Anyway, I doubt Ferrari will take on Fisi. If they dump Barrichello, they'll want a replacement who can lead the team post-Schumacher, and Fisi's too old for that. Massa I find uninspiring; in my view, if the Scuderia had any sense, they would try to pick up Button, Webber or Heidfeld.
Old 19 Jun 2003, 17:45 (Ref:636844)   #20
Coach44
Racer

Coach44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
... if the Scuderia had any sense, they would try to pick up Button, Webber or Heidfeld.
Button? Williams didn't want him, Renault didn't want him what makes you think Ferrari would take him?

Webber...that would be great! ( but he has a contract with Jag)

Heidfeld...don't know why they would take him either?
Old 19 Jun 2003, 18:14 (Ref:636868)   #21
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It's not quite fair to say that neither Williams nor Renault wanted Button. Both had pre-existing agreements with other drivers (Montoya and Alonso), and one should remember that Button outperformed Trulli at Renauly in 2002. I remain convinced that Button has enormous potential once he finds the right team.

On Heidfeld, nothing has made me change my belief, formed when he was in F3000, that he is championship material, and he did, after all, beat Raikkonen when they were together at Sauber.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 11:58 (Ref:637519)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Heidfeld is absoultely class, IMHO. He was Rookie of The Year, in 2000, to my mind: the job he did, being thrown into his debut year in a team such as Prost was then, in thestate they were in. Indeed, he also out-performed Kimi in 2001, although it was close.

I'd love to see Nick get a good chance in his career.
Old 20 Jun 2003, 18:46 (Ref:637877)   #23
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi in a ferrari would be fantastic to see. Fisi IMP is one of those drivers who has never had a car to match his talent. The big question is what does Schumys contract state in regards to team mates?
Old 22 Jun 2003, 21:42 (Ref:639508)   #24
ferrari_mark
Rookie

ferrari_mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari don't seem to like Italian drivers which is a shame because I'd love to see GF in the Ferrari. He's faster than RB so he and MS would have some great battles.
Old 23 Jun 2003, 01:28 (Ref:639680)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WTF? People are saying positive things about Heidfeld?

Whoever you are, you are very good people!

Put him in that other McLaren and I GUARANTEE he'll whoop Kimi. GUARANTEE IT!