Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Jun 2003, 13:50 (Ref:630542)   #1
Jensen
Racer

Jensen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That " Lewis move " at Silverstone

Did anyone watch the FR coverage on TV ?, of course you did, I thought the move lewis made on sisley was quality, up till that point both drivers had moved to a higher grip wet line, but on the corner Sisley did not, lewis kept his cool and took the best although for the entry the slowest line, but did it work for him on the exit !!!!!!, Great stuff and I would quietly say it was pre yellows too.

Very impressed.

What you lot reckon ?
Old 13 Jun 2003, 14:51 (Ref:630581)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
didn't see it but to me it seems like a sign of a good driver. quick thinking and taking advantage of others thinking not so quickly.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 17:15 (Ref:630676)   #3
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very lucky to get it done before the stationary yellow!
though i gotta say incredible traction out of the corner. bet sisley was kicking himself!
Old 13 Jun 2003, 18:20 (Ref:630741)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sometimes you just get lucky too, and i guess something like that's a complete combination of everything.

but arguably you make your own luck...
Old 13 Jun 2003, 19:07 (Ref:630819)   #5
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im sure lewis was a good 4 car lengths adrift of sisley's gearbox (may be wrong according to tv angle)

very touch and go on whether it was done before yellow...

i guess you gotta take chances when there given to you and make the most of other mistakes
Old 13 Jun 2003, 21:36 (Ref:630933)   #6
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You could argue all day as to weather the pass was before the yellows or not. I imagine Sisley saw them first and instinctively backed off a bit. The pity was that he never had the opportunity to pressure Hamilton. Its harder to lead than follow. Especially as Sisley had posted the fastest lap time in the wet the lap prior. Anyway there are loads of races to go and I hope we see some good battles from these top young racers.
Old 13 Jun 2003, 22:14 (Ref:630965)   #7
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Mak here. Sisley had posted the quickest time in the wet. Both cars were set up in an intermediate way and seemed pretty evenly matched. I don't know why he took the tight defensive line he did at that corner, because he had a healthy gap, and although we'll never know for sure, it looked like he (Sisley) backed off on the exit of the corner when he saw the yellow flag (he claimed he did and it did look on TV very much like it), Lewis didn't and rapidly pulled alongside him, Sisley nailed it but too late, Lewis was past him. If the observers say it happened before the flag, then it did. Safety car from that moment onwards and game over. I'm sure neither driver took any great pleasure from the result, or the way it happened, more to the point, but that's Alfie Noakes folks ... or C'est la vie as we francophiles say.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 13 Jun 2003, 23:08 (Ref:630999)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In British racing where does the yellow flag zone start? When you're at the flag or can see the flag within reason? Likewise when are you out of the accident? When you can see clear track or when you're at clear track.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 00:33 (Ref:631018)   #9
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you reach the flag, else Hamilton would not have been credited with a valid move (you could see the flag from a long way back). Don't know about leaving the scene - presumably from the green flag onwards, but not before?
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 14 Jun 2003, 13:52 (Ref:631250)   #10
ukracing
Racer

ukracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thinks its just a shame that the safety car came out when it did as it meant Sisley could not come back at Hamilton. I think we were denied a good battle there!