Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Oct 2002, 13:45 (Ref:396853)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how did you like the ALMS race from Miami?

Did anybody watch this race besides me? Did you think the track was as bad as the Champ Car complainers said it was? Did the race remind you of Monaco at all? Why does Mags have to hit someone in every race, is it in his contract? What was the deal with the Champion Audi now-its-a-penalty, now-its-not decision? Was it Stefan's fault or was it the Saleen in the box ahead of them?

Was the Cadillac No. 2 a deserved position? Will it help them keep the program going?
Old 6 Oct 2002, 16:59 (Ref:396989)   #2
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to wait a week to see it! Eurosport-channel airs one-hour highlights usually a week after live races, same for Champ Cars and NASCAR. It sucks, but that's better than nothing. JJ and Max in second is of course very nice! But i don't think it's gonna help Cadillac program to be continued. :C

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 6 Oct 2002, 19:29 (Ref:397027)   #3
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked the track layout, I found it enjoyable. But it was too narrow, I can't believe that they pulled off a mixed class race on that track. Amazing. Mags is really getting on my nerves, learn how to pass. The Brabs and Magnussen dou is something else, Viper at Petit last year, Porker at Laguna, a Saleen at Sears, a Panoz at Miami, ...... the list never ends, give me a break.

No, I don't think that GM will change there decision. Shame.
Old 6 Oct 2002, 21:21 (Ref:397120)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS and Trans-Am finally got the track broken in... But it's still unbelievably hard to pass.

A good bit of drama at the end, though, seeing the #2 Audi closing on the Caddy.

Finally Cadillac starts looking competitive, and they're going to kill the project. Gutless GM bean counters.
Old 8 Oct 2002, 00:53 (Ref:398004)   #5
Sebring2000
Rookie

Sebring2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching the race from the 29th floor of the Intercontinental with the Cadillac/GM people, and it definitely sounded like a dead program, even with the recent success.

The race was great to watch from that vantage point most of the track could be seen!