Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 6 Nov 2001, 17:22 (Ref:170953)   #1
Jimmyz360
Rookie

Jimmyz360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suggestions (besides engines)

Suggestions for off season for CART to change. Please dont write anything to do with the engines, we have beaten that to death.

1. Find a way to have a pan or holder under the engine so when the cars crash they dont shoot oil all over the track, I understand it is still going to happen, but if u cut down on the amount of oil or number of incidents, we can get back to racing before 15 minutes of cat litter is put down and cleared.
2. Try to widen street courses, I feel bad for small teams who have to go to these places and end up with a dented car because it becomes suicide dive tactics is the only way to pass.
3. Make a rule that the last 10 laps have to be finished under green, that means if there is a yellow with 7 laps to go, it would not count on the laps.
4. Close the pits during yellow to try and get rid of this luck game **** we have seen in too many races.
5. Get rid of 2 hour time limit, make it at least 2 hours and twenty minutes, I think that should be sufficient.
Old 6 Nov 2001, 18:03 (Ref:170986)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Suggestions...

1. Using a catch pan or diaper under the engines. I think it could be done but I don't know how much it could affect cooling and aerodynamics.

2. There is no way to widen the street courses becasue they are just that, city streets and are a swide as they can be already. I think using wider streets may be inorder.

3. I agree completely with the finish under green.

4. Its hard to close the pits under green becasue a car can run out of gas on course. Thats just as much luck as opening the pits during a caution.

5. The race should go for laps no matter how long it takes. Eliminate the fuel ration. Allow the teams to dictate their strategy based on their how good their driver is at A: Sprinting at full rich or B: conserving to make less pitstops.
Old 7 Nov 2001, 14:54 (Ref:171433)   #3
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a very sensible idea perhaps, but how about not counting ANY laps run under yellow. None at all. That might help to negate the negative pitstop tactics a bit by meaning that you would still have to run full distance under green. Then again it might not. Though of course it would also mean that the Elkhart Lake and Laguna Seca races would have lasted a week and a half. Hmmm, not too sure about it myself actually.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 17:37 (Ref:172018)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm. If race laps under yellow don't count, what's to stop "team orders" from instructing someone to run out of gas on the track, at the 10 lap mark, so as to bring out a yellow and allow his teammate to go in for a "splash" and gain track position for a full-rich run to the finish? [Just try to prove it was deliberate.]

I am all for eliminating the fuel limit. If I want to see a fuel economy display I will go to the Saturn Drivers' Picnic. [It might be fun to give a prize to the team with the most race wins using the least fuel though.]

And as a way to eliminate or minimize yellows, couldn't we get some of those cranes the F1 people use, to crank the cars off the track at Road and Street courses anyway? And no bump starts. If you are off the track and stopped, you are out of the race.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 19:59 (Ref:172079)   #5
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Have all races 3 hours long.

2. Find a way to attract more chassis makers into the series.

3. Attract a second tyre maker into the series - always makes for better racing.

The luck of pitstops makes the races good, so its does not need changing.