Cart
1st to 9th place 5.80 seconds
F1
1st to 8th place 1 lap
Cart
1st to 16th place 33.75 seconds
F1
1st to 3rd spot 33.49 seconds
As a big race fan as I am sure allot of you are the show most of us watch on TV is all we can get . Not being international jet setters that can fly to every race. Now when I look at an F1 race but for the beginning I see one car in the frame. With Cart there is lots of cars. It is just a better show.
Old 12 Mar 2001, 11:35 (Ref:70411)   #2
Aussiefan

For f@#k's sake!

Old 12 Mar 2001, 22:54 (Ref:70633)   #3
Maximum F1
Racer

Maximum F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please note KEN, if you are pro-someothermotorsportdenomination you can go to the appropriate forum, the fact is, most people in this forum would completely disagree with you..F1 IS BETTER THAN CART.
-------------------------------------------
Maximum F1
http://www.maximumf1.com
Old 12 Mar 2001, 23:35 (Ref:70648)   #4
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True Maximum, Formula One is the kings class. But what is true is that CART is more spectacular. Anyway in Formula 1 I don't watch on what is spectacular or not but I'm interested in the technology and performances. In the end if in the CART series everyone has the same speed this means that thee is no good constructor or driver who goes his own way and makes the big difference by going a new way...e.g. in the aerodynamics. Well, I'm kidding a bit now. CART is ok...but not even in a far way equal or better than Formula One!
Old 14 Mar 2001, 19:36 (Ref:71158)   #5
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Ken - I've been a F1 fan for 25 years and although I do not know as much about CART, in comparison to F1 todays CART racing is far more exciting for a motorsport fan. There were of course periods in the past when F1 was the superior sport. Sure F1 is more glamourous, there is more money thrown at the sport and it is generally seen as No.1 , but strip away everything associated with the sport - what are you left with? not as much as you would think - unfortunately !!
Old 14 Mar 2001, 20:59 (Ref:71178)   #6
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Maximum F1
Please note KEN, if you are pro-someothermotorsportdenomination you can go to the appropriate forum, the fact is, most people in this forum would completely disagree with you..F1 IS BETTER THAN CART
I think he´s expressing an opinion that involves both: CART & F1, so, for me it´s a valid Post.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeanburrasca81
Anyway in Formula 1 I don't watch on what is spectacular or not but I'm interested in the technology and performances
With all the new and future F1 regulations, performance will be one of the more affected issues on this Series.
Old 14 Mar 2001, 21:29 (Ref:71182)   #7
Maximum F1
Racer

Maximum F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahh but Speed, the opinion he is expressing is clearly set out to annoy F1 fans and start an argument. All I am trying to say is that if he is in support of another Series over F1 he should go discuss it in the appropriate forum and not try to start arguments.
-------------------------------------------
Maximum F1
http://www.maximumf1.com
Old 14 Mar 2001, 23:35 (Ref:71260)   #8
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Hey Max, now is the time to experiment with the new format and see if you can get the "ignore" function to work. I'm trying to find it myself, but I havn't even been able to get anything to work, and I have lost all my quotes, bold, smilies and so on.
Old 15 Mar 2001, 00:03 (Ref:71270)   #9
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max, I think the only way this topic would be annoying is if there is a "them and us" attitude being fostered, and I don't think Ken's suggesting that.

I can't understand the hostility anyway. It's circuit racing, it's fast cars, it's to be celebrated regardless. If there isn't a GP on one weekend, then if there's a ChampCar race instead, that's terrific.

As for the point raised about elapsed time between finishers, wasn't it the Italian GP in 1971 which saw six cars cross the line within a second of one another? (I can't remember the precise detail off the top of my head, but I saw the photo-finish snap someone took. It was close, believe me!)

And with that kind of heritage, surely it is more positive to start to look at what can be done to reclaim that sort of excitement. Not dismissing a closer form of motor sport because it isn't F1, and not supporting F1 over and above all others when sometimes the show just doesn't warrant it.

Here's to the new season - in all its forms.

Even

(ducks behind the barricade)

NASCAR.
Old 15 Mar 2001, 00:35 (Ref:71274)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I supose if we instigate the pace car or safety car rule regularly, we will end up with cars finishing close together. Why don't we bring the pace car out as a matter of routine every ten laps, or every time a car is about to be lapped, to bunch up the cars in F1. That way they will also finish up close together and we will have an exciting race for the fans. :confused: :confused:
Old 15 Mar 2001, 10:15 (Ref:71339)   #11
Aussiefan

The general opinion seems to be that if you don't support more than one form of motorsport you are either ingnorant or 'elitist' (or both). People assume that you have to be an allround racing fan to watch any kind of motorsport. It is this attitude that gets to me. I like motor racing although I'm really only interested in F1, it's the only series I watch in detail. If people want to watch Cart because they think it's better then good on them, I couldn't give a ****, but as Maximum said, go to the appropriate forum if you wish discuss your particular motorsport interest.

Old 15 Mar 2001, 11:17 (Ref:71347)   #12
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
It does not have to be a 'them & us' thing at all. As per my thoughts in another thread "Torn between two lovers", you can love CART, F1 & anything else and still appreciate the pro's & cons of each series. If any particular series was perfect, this forum would not exist because (a) we would'nt disagree on anything & (b) we would'nt waist our time talking about when we could spend 24/7 watching re-runs of the last race (boss wont like that).

As Aussie fan said, this does'nt make you ingnorant or 'elitist'