Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Apr 2007, 23:16 (Ref:1901340)   #1
bentate
Racer

bentate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's happened to the people's champ?

Based on all the brevado and promises after last year's controversial championship result I thought the 'people's champ' was going to come out and lay all before him this season?

Give young Rick a driving lesson, I bet the Fordies were shouting....

What happened?

Wasn't Kelly the pretend champ to most Ford fans? Wasn't Lowndes going to teach him a lesson this year?

After 3 rounds, it all seems to have gone a little pear shaped for the 'moral victor'.

With every race result and point earned as Rick pulls further and further away from Lowndes he's just making Lowndes look sillier and sillier as the season rolls on. It's satisfying to watch all those claims and all that expectation from Ford fans being wiped away with each round.

Rick is building on his championship efforts last season and I'm sure he'd love to race wheel to wheel with Lowndes this year. Unfortunately Craig will have to find some more pace and try and get up the front if he wants to race Rick.

People's champ..... that's just beautiful.....
Old 26 Apr 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1901346)   #2
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't laugh too loud until Rick actually beats his own team mate!!

Rick V Craig in the same car? - now THAT would be funny!!
Old 26 Apr 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1901352)   #3
bentate
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick

Rick V Craig in the same car? - now THAT would be funny!!
Check out the points score or the first and third rounds.

Craig chose his prefered manufacturer seven long years ago and he chose the team he's in today. In fact Craig has had his pick of Ford teams for the past seven seasons. It's not as if he didn't have a choice, so that defence is pretty lame.

Something about lying in the bed that you've made....
Old 26 Apr 2007, 23:51 (Ref:1901355)   #4
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldnt underestimate Lowndes & write him off just yet.

By their own admission 888 have struggled a little with set up & are working to overcome it. I think you will see a better showing as the year rolls on.

Its one thing for the Ford brigade to be sore losers but its another for us Holden supporters to be "sore" winners as well.

I for one would welcome some of the Blue Oval to challange the Clayton Commodores. Atleast it would be a little more interesting.
Old 26 Apr 2007, 23:54 (Ref:1901356)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How much of Mr Lowndes' problems are stemming from the move of Mr Lacroix to "Factory Designer" for the new "Home of 888" instead of raceday engineer.... while Mr Little is still in the seat, it might be nice to have the bloke that designs the cars around....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Apr 2007, 00:07 (Ref:1901358)   #6
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentate
Check out the points score or the first and third rounds.

yep, he's giving Garth a real good walloping!!
Old 27 Apr 2007, 00:22 (Ref:1901363)   #7
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe if he had the benefit of 3 team mates for setup input and on track help rather than 1 things might be diferent???
Old 27 Apr 2007, 01:24 (Ref:1901371)   #8
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
3 team mates?

lowndes is struggling to keep up with one team mate. lol maybe lowndes should ask jamie if he could borrow his car as it seems to be quicker
Old 27 Apr 2007, 01:26 (Ref:1901372)   #9
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax
3 team mates?

lowndes is struggling to keep up with one team mate.
I guess they are even, then.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 01:47 (Ref:1901376)   #10
bentate
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444
maybe if he had the benefit of 3 team mates for setup input and on track help rather than 1 things might be diferent???
Wait a second. Don't triple 8 use SBR motors (along with BJR), so there's at least 5 other cars sharing the same engine development. Doesn't DJR run Triple8 suspensions now? So there's another 2 cars that Triple8 has an engineering relationship with.

The big difference is that TW is open about TOLL and HRT sharing resources in terms of supplying both with cars and development. Ford and it's teams just do things through the back door. 6 cars running SBR motors, 4 cars running Triple8 suspensions, 4 cars running FPR motors and suspension setups.

Kelly benefits from 3 teammates! Please....
Old 27 Apr 2007, 03:21 (Ref:1901397)   #11
bentate
Racer

[removed quote from now deleted post]

No, what we have here is the typical response from a Ford fan when the question of Ford team's sharing resources and development comes up.

Triple8 are one of the largest touring car organistaions in the world, with international resources only rivaled by Prodrive, yet we get the same 'poor two car Ford teams' excuse for their lack of progress. What a load....

Name me one competitive Ford team that doesn't share engines or chasis development with at least one other Ford team.

Triple 8 have the denefit of supplying suspensions to DJR and getting engines from SBR. That means they potentially have the benefit of the development of at least 10 cars to draw on.

4 car Walkisnhaw team, give me a break mate....

Last edited by Woolley; 27 Apr 2007 at 12:50.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 03:33 (Ref:1901398)   #12
goosel
Rookie

Australia
goosel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Because Craig is doing so well at beating his?!

Old 27 Apr 2007, 03:33 (Ref:1901399)   #13
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
What we have here is an example of a "red ******".
No what we have here is an example of a coloured goggle wearing wanger.

Either colour, red or blue is just as bad, IMHO.

Although it is a little disappointing that Lowndes hasn't really fired yet so far, but he is still none the less well in contention if he gets some good results so lets no write him off yet.

Last edited by Woolley; 27 Apr 2007 at 12:46.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 04:06 (Ref:1901403)   #14
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you'll find 888 are running on the ragged edge of chassis set-ups to compensate for a slight lack of engine grunt compared to WP and FPR.

Sometimes its right, sometimes its not quite right...hence some inconsistency in their results (both Lowndes and Whincup).
Old 27 Apr 2007, 04:40 (Ref:1901407)   #15
bentate
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
I think you'll find 888 are running on the ragged edge of chassis set-ups to compensate for a slight lack of engine grunt compared to WP and FPR.

Sometimes its right, sometimes its not quite right...hence some inconsistency in their results (both Lowndes and Whincup).
Or maybe Craig is missing that litle handbrake that used to help him turn in that was banned at the end of last season?

Now he has to drive like everyone else he's struggling?
Old 27 Apr 2007, 06:40 (Ref:1901435)   #16
Rural Rebel
Rookie

Rural Rebel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a ford fan obviously I would like to see ford on top but full credit to the HSV guys for being so consistently fast. In regard to Craig after watching plenty of old dvds from his holden days its preety disapointing to see what he has delivered, just a single bathurst in all his time, I would like to see ford consolidate and get there stuff together. Maybe ask Marcos to come back from the states.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 08:52 (Ref:1901507)   #17
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice post bentate, I also thought the 'people's/moral' champ last year was quite humorous.
I was hoping somebody would post up a point table after each race listing who is leading the moral championship, then I'd know who to support. I quite like the idea of putting a score on morals.
Never mind the bias; at least we'd have a tally!
Old 27 Apr 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1901854)   #18
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Rebel
Maybe ask Marcos to come back from the states.
Its hilarious to see the so called "peoples Champ" (Funny Tag) in dissaray. Go Jamie Whincup is all I can say. I am a one eyed Ford Fan but car 88 is the only car at T8 and hes kicking the so called "Moral Champ". I love all these hilarious tags that represent Lowndes. As for Rick Kelly, I don't like him but go boy. You get bagged for not winning last year, and now you get bagged for winning. Lowndes supporters are bad losers.

As for Marcus, its funny that people presume and think hes going to come home and race Supercars again one day. Honest question, Why would you? The day Ambrose left our shores, Ford's competitiveness left with him. Hes the special one and better than Lowndes in all areas except PR. But honestly how many fake smiles can one dish out before a chink in the armour starts to form. The smiles wearing off. Lowndes may come back and get into this championship, but if Winton goes the way it's going at the moment,then GT and co will be gonnnnneeeeee!!!!!
Old 27 Apr 2007, 21:31 (Ref:1901897)   #19
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps this post could be taken seriously if the poster actually had some buy in during the debate at the end of last year.....its easy to make statements now but look at each year in context my friend....the awarding of the "peoples champion" is something Mr Kelly will have to work long and hard to achieve. I'd give it to his brother before I gave it to him.
Old 28 Apr 2007, 02:03 (Ref:1902006)   #20
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Taz Q2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is laughable, Craig is all for Jamie doing well no question about it.

T8 have been down nearly 40 HP on holden because of the lazy arse antics of SBR's head mechanic who had done nothing for months in terms of engine development, now he's gone they should get results soon.
Old 28 Apr 2007, 03:05 (Ref:1902016)   #21
TheMan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Q2
This is laughable, Craig is all for Jamie doing well no question about it.

T8 have been down nearly 40 HP on holden because of the lazy arse antics of SBR's head mechanic who had done nothing for months in terms of engine development, now he's gone they should get results soon.
Thats why Craig's other nickname is "Craig the Knife". Because he gets rid of any team mate that has ever threatened him. He left HRT cause Skaife was beating him and its happening all over again. Theres a long list of ex teammates. Will Craig the Knife ruin jamie's run at T8 or will Lowndes run and find a new Ford Team to try win the title with.

Its laughable also that you think the difference is 40hp. Yes the Holden shares a HP advantage, but 40. mate do your homework, the Aurora and especially HRT and Toll engine pulls off the corners better, It revs harder in its mid range therefore using all its HP to its advantage. Also you forget that the SBR engine shop is a joint venture between SBR and T8. They both have an input into the running of it so any lack of engine is both companies fault.
Old 28 Apr 2007, 07:06 (Ref:1902056)   #22
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Taz Q2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha Ha Ha yeah right THE MAN i have a friend who is a mechanical engineer with T8 this is not wishfull thinking dear man this is fact ford are/were down 30 to 40 HP after Holden had done their homework & development they are that much ahead wether you like it or not this is fact not hearsay...sorry.

As for Craig KNIFING his team mates, only those who think & do that themselves are inclined to think anyone else would do the same.
Old 28 Apr 2007, 07:56 (Ref:1902072)   #23
TheMan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Q2
Ha Ha Ha yeah right THE MAN i have a friend who is a mechanical engineer with T8 this is not wishfull thinking dear man this is fact ford are/were down 30 to 40 HP after Holden had done their homework & development they are that much ahead wether you like it or not this is fact not hearsay...sorry.

As for Craig KNIFING his team mates, only those who think & do that themselves are inclined to think anyone else would do the same.
I Know a guy who knows a guy! Lol.

Do you actually understand what you are typing down or do you just beleive what people tell you. 30 - 40 HP equates to a greater time difference than is between T8 and hrt and Toll as it stands. Also this speed Hrt and Toll has was there last year and the Ford won bathurst, The fastest track in the country, It had enough speed then so why is it so slow now. Hrt have not made many gains at all in 07 withengine developement, They say that themselves. They also beleive that the new car is not as good as the old.

The point would be more the new BF. Its no where near as good as the old. The engines may need a little more but 30 - 40 horses. Its laughable.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 00:03 (Ref:1902466)   #24
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
. He left HRT cause Skaife was beating him

early leader for "Quote of the Year"!!!!
Old 29 Apr 2007, 00:25 (Ref:1902470)   #25
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
early leader for "Quote of the Year"!!!!
Will take some running down too.