Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Feb 2002, 23:21 (Ref:219215)   #1
Ferrari2002
Rookie

Ferrari2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Breaks on ITV

Well i dont no about you other budding F1 Fans but the breaks in the itv f1 coverage really do my head in when i buy the f1 review of 2001 i did she how much of the coverage i had missed on itv e.g Japan 1998 M.S went out with a tyre blow out in the break tell me what you think
Old 20 Feb 2002, 00:54 (Ref:219240)   #2
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blame it on Bernie. He demands all the money, ITV need breaks to pay for the coverage.

At least they aren't ripping you off with a licence and claiming to be a free channel.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 11:33 (Ref:219383)   #3
cyfrin
Rookie

cyfrin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky

You can now watch on Sky PPV (channel 434) No ad-breaks!
The cost is £12 for the weekend, including Fri qualifying!!
Old 20 Feb 2002, 11:54 (Ref:219396)   #4
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by cyfrin
You can now watch on Sky PPV (channel 434) No ad-breaks!
The cost is £12 for the weekend, including Fri qualifying!!
Err, is that £12 on top of the dish and other subscription costs. No thanks.

Anyway coverage of the pitstops on ITV is normally excellent, and apart from JPM that is the only place people overtake.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 12:22 (Ref:219409)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jangle Jangle does a good job with the pit stops.

The plan for us is that the big telly will be F1 digital+ and the little telly will be ITV. With the sound system we will be able to switch between the commentry of the two.

This way we won't miss Martin's grid walk.

The ads do annoy me and it is just one reason why we are getting the digital. Although there are lots of other reasons - most positive towards the new service and some negative about the ITV coverage. All of which have been discussed at length elsewhere on this forum!

It wasn't that expensive - £1 installation and then £16 a month. That's not including any movie/sports channels. YOu can get packages for £10.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 19:35 (Ref:219603)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind the ad breaks during F1 coverage. It gives me a chance to gte a drink or nip to the toilet.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 19:57 (Ref:219619)   #7
Total-F1
Veteran

I take my radio through to the kitchen with 5 live on while I'm getting a drink.

I've no problems with the breaks myself.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 20:05 (Ref:219624)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
5 Live does have very good coverage. I listened to their Monaco GP coverage, while watching a tv station that I don't remember the name of. That was while I was on holiday in Menorca in 2000 and later the same year I listened to the US GP as I didn't have ITV2 back then.

Last edited by Speedworx; 20 Feb 2002 at 20:05.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 20:37 (Ref:219652)   #9
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
The ad breaks themselves aren't that bad, but there's far too many of them - I remember one race last year when there was a break within five minutes of the start. I don't mind the odd break, but that is ridiculous. When ITV first got the F1 coverage in 97, they said there would be five 3-minute breaks throughout the race. Now, maths isn't my strongest subject, but I can count to five.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 20 Feb 2002, 20:41 (Ref:219654)   #10
Total-F1
Veteran

Sometimes they try and get them all over within a "quiet" period of the race - they're constantly assessing when to have another break during the race.

I frequently have to listen to 5 live - and I do think it's very good coverage - I still watch the race again afterwards.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 21:16 (Ref:219698)   #11
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah Yes, for those that havent seen the review video...

Why did Kimi spin at Suzuka, taking Alesi out of his final GP?
Old 20 Feb 2002, 21:54 (Ref:219723)   #12
Ferrari2002
Rookie

Ferrari2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
because is supension broke going through the senna s
Old 20 Feb 2002, 22:08 (Ref:219734)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Jangle Jangle does a good job with the pit stops.

The plan for us is that the big telly will be F1 digital+ and the little telly will be ITV. With the sound system we will be able to switch between the commentry of the two.

This way we won't miss Martin's grid walk.

Oh!! I hate you, I really hate you. (from the Goons

We really get a raw deal in Oz. We don't get quals, then the race is telecast delayed. AND we also miss part of the race when the ads are on because the tape keeps running while Channel 9 puts the ads on. You don't need a rocket scientist to suggest that the tape should be stopped while the ads are on. However, as I have always maintained, I thank God for small mercies, because there were many times in my career where I had to work in places which had no F1 telecast; sometimes no TV at all.
Old 20 Feb 2002, 22:12 (Ref:219736)   #14
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
I will probably never watch Sky's coverage.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 05:00 (Ref:219898)   #15
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well out here we're stuck with TSN and the morons go for commercial breaks even when itv is still on..figure that out! It doesent happen to often - but its still irritating especially since ITV have been steadily increasing comm breaks since 1999.

On the other hand, a commercial break may just be what the doctored ordered to get some respite from James Allen. God help us.

Last edited by Mania; 21 Feb 2002 at 05:01.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 17:22 (Ref:220147)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari2002
because is supension broke going through the senna s
CORRECT!!!

I didn't actually realise this until I saw the video. Also Villeneuves onboard camera from Melbourne was horrifying.

BTW did the Prosts have onboard cameras? It would have been interesting to have seen a couple from the 1st Hockenheim start.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 18:58 (Ref:220211)   #17
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
I thought you said that you had watched the review video?

If you HAD actually watched it, you would see that HHF had one during the Belgium GP.

I knew in the Autosport report of the Japanese GP and from reports on the internet that Kimi suffered a suspension failure. I have a feeling ITV did mention it.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 21:43 (Ref:220315)   #18
Total-F1
Veteran

They ALL had onboard cameras, for the digital coverage.

The terrestrial free-to-air suppliers get 2 nominated drivers throughout each weekend.
Old 21 Feb 2002, 22:16 (Ref:220341)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Thought so, I was just surprised that they didnt show Burtis take off after they had Villeneuves on board from Melbourne.

And thanks hakkiman for mentioning Spa I think I remember it now.
Old 22 Feb 2002, 20:37 (Ref:220837)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hate the ad breaks..it was better when it was on the bbc....i remember back in 97...ITV missed HILL overtaking TGF going into turn 1 ....it wasnt there fault really , as they need to show the ads,,,,but whats the point of sitting there waiting for the race action and missing the key bits because they happened while the tv station was on a ad break....im not slagging it off ....i just think sky is going to be soo much better ..now that we will finally get proper race coverage for the first time since 1996
Old 23 Feb 2002, 12:14 (Ref:221199)   #21
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do miss the BBC's coverage...everyone says ITV's is better , but i'm not sure. ITV's coverage is good , but the adverts really spoil the momentum of a race . That would also be the only critism i have of eurosports coverage of F1 in the past as well . I dont mind the adverts if thats the only way we can get to see LIVE F1 , but if there is good coverage somewhere else without them , then i would rather go there to see it.
Old 23 Feb 2002, 18:57 (Ref:221291)   #22
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SILVERS95
I dont mind the adverts if thats the only way we can get to see LIVE F1 , but if there is good coverage somewhere else without them , then i would rather go there to see it.
Exactly.

Roll on thursday!!!!!

The only thing that could spoil next weekend for me is Homework - I'm just praying that my Maths teachers dont give me another 5 hours of that **** to do...
Old 23 Feb 2002, 20:36 (Ref:221348)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
the problem with the dedicated 5 breaks is, if, the first half of the race is quite exciting, the producer doesn't goto the breaks, this is all well and good if the second half of the race is ****, but if it's as exciting as the first half,we're left with the annoying issue of 5 "crammed in" breaks in the space of 30 mins.

this actually happened a couple of seasons ago, but i can't remember what race it was!
Old 23 Feb 2002, 21:36 (Ref:221375)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesnt really matter now. Weve got commercial free sky. the only down side is that weve got to pay for it. but as long as i can afford 12 quid , and i know im gonna be around to watch it , then i think i will pay it. For some F1 race days when i go to race circuits for the day to watch national racing , then i will tape it on ITV instead for free.
Old 23 Feb 2002, 22:09 (Ref:221402)   #25
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
OK do ITV show breaks during the football.... no, so why do it in F1?