Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Oct 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1739388)   #1
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your thoughts on Michael's last f1 race.

This weekends GP in Brazil is not only the last of the 06 season but also is Michael's last f1 race. I was just wondering what your thoughts will be. I will be honest...its only hitting me now that this is it. I have never been Michael's biggest fan but at the same time I will miss him from are great sport. I reckon this is going to be an emotional weekend.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1739401)   #2
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel the same, one of the last great drivers.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1739411)   #3
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will certainly be memorable race. Interesting to see if he can win it. Only two drivers have won their last GPs and both were in circumstances that drivers hadn't meant the race to be their last.

Luigi Fagioli was forced to hand his car to Fangio I think - and he quit F1 after the race (which was in mid-season)

Jim Clark won South African GP 1968 and died before next race.

But at least there is one driver who retired after winning his last race and then made (unsuccesful) comeback: Alan Jones.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1739432)   #4
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I will be very sad on sunday! I reckon no one again will ever have his talents!

I am a DC and Mercedes Benz supporter through and through but I have alot of respect Michael Schumacher. I have followed his career since the Mercedes junior team was around. When DC was out of the title race I would support MS and keep a close eye on DC through the race.

I feel, Fernando or Kimi etc will never be as good!

Happy Retirement Herr Schumacher!
Old 16 Oct 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1739524)   #5
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To be honest i dont really care if it his his last race! Was a fan of his until Adelaide, 1994. I'm glad he is retiring as now we have another TWO more good drivers itching to take his place as F1's Yardstick, Alonso and Kimi.

I hope he wins as he is a good driver, he deserves that at least, BUT I, for one will not miss him.

**Waits for the "Your Bitter" calls lol**
Old 16 Oct 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1739551)   #6
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The sooner the race finishes the better, hope he will never return.
I admire his results but not his attitude, wish he had allowed his teammates to fight him.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1739609)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it cool that everyone has an opinion, but seriously, your last chance to watch the greatest your sport has offered up in the last 20 years is leaving and you are not interested. what ever happened to being a sports fan???

personally, i will be watching the race on the edge of my seat.
the possibility of one more chance at magic, the chance for one more great drive, and the chance to end a brilliant career on the top step is and will be (regardless of the outcome) one of the most memorable moments in F1 history. i wish i was watching it right now.

i love this sport
Old 16 Oct 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1739610)   #8
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will be normal for this race in Brazil. However it will be different when he doesnt turn out for the first practice session in Melbourne. He probably has 3 years left in terms of ability but his demanding work ethic might be too much for him these days and for Schumacher its all or nothing. I would have like to have seen more Alonso, Schumacher, Raikkonen battles in years to come.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1739611)   #9
baclightning
Racer

United States
Kirkland, WA, USA
baclightning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope he makes it through the race safely...
Old 16 Oct 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1739640)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He will - Massa and Alonso might end up in collisions though.

2007 won't be short of truly talented drivers. As well as Kimi and Fernando we've got Kovalainen and Hamilton coming through, and Rosberg and especially Kubica could be real talents as well. There was no World Champion on the grid for most of 1994, but the sport survived and flourished. Likewise when there was only Michael in 2004.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1739648)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think it will really hit home until we look at the timing sheets for first practice in Melbourne.

However, life goes on, we'll have forgotten him pretty soon in the sense that someone else will catch our eye. That is not implying that we will forget his achievements, before someone has a heart collapse.

We have Alonso still, a truly great driver. Not to mention some exciting new line-ups and great rookie talents. The sport moves on, just as it did when Mansell left, when Prost left, when Senna died, when Stewart retired, etc...
Old 16 Oct 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1739669)   #12
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good riddance!
Old 16 Oct 2006, 21:31 (Ref:1739673)   #13
outflat
Racer

outflat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We did have a period without him in 1999 and the races seemed more competitive

I think I will miss him, but there are plenty of super talents ready to shine.

Alonso is already huge and will be morseo.

And there's plenty of new talent bubbling under.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1739678)   #14
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
what ever happened to being a sports fan???

"Sport" went into the side of Hills' Williams in Adelaide, '94.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1739703)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
I don't think it will really hit home until we look at the timing sheets for first practice in Melbourne.
Spot on. I think we really feel what it's like from the first race next season, when nobody will have to worry about that german fellow in the red car.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 23:15 (Ref:1739731)   #16
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We down here are having a Brazillian feast - to celebrate the retirement of, what we consider to be, the most successful Formula 1 driver ever.

Win or loose - whatever.

It has been such an outstanding privilege to watch Michael Schumacher for the last 14 or so years, his 'like' will not be seen again. (TGF bashers, go somewhere else -lets keep to the thread).

There is no-one in the present 'pack' to match his talents and I doubt if there ever will be.

Champagne methinks this Sunday- whatever the outcome!!!

Old 17 Oct 2006, 03:41 (Ref:1739815)   #17
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
i love this sport
"jar, spoon, spoon, jar" "F1, sport, sport, F1"
Old 17 Oct 2006, 04:05 (Ref:1739818)   #18
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Mixed emotions. I will miss Michael's incredible talent. But I am also anxious to see what Kimi can do in the Ferrari.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 04:12 (Ref:1739821)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd say he's going to be missed by many, for good and bad, and to know there's still plenty talent and genius to come is really exciting.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 06:29 (Ref:1739842)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i will miss micheal he was a great driver and personality for the sport/business F1.i even liked that bad boy image how he would take apparently intentionally take people out park his car in a corrner to stop people beating his qualy lap,but most of all i liked his driving he had a tremandous ability.will be missed in the sport.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1739880)   #21
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say, I'm so pleased he's going. For me, he represents everything which is 'stale' about modern F1. I will able to breathe a sigh of relief come Melbourne 2007 - I've never been a Schumacher fan, and justly so.

His whole career, for me has had a sly undertone, almost sleazy. I feel that his amazing achievements (of which I can't deny, nobody can - no matter how much you like/dislike the guy) will always be slightly diminshed in the minds of many.

Whatever your preference, it will be the end of an era - and I will watch intently, as the final curtain falls on one of the greyest periods of F1 history.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1740306)   #22
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot wait for the race, and at the same time I want it to be further away. Mixed emotions does'nt even begin to discribe my feelings!

For most of my after school life I have been a Schumie fan (he made me a F1 fan). When race day came, I would be in my full Ferrari gear and the rest of my day (and the coming week) the mood I am in will be affected by what happened on the track

Nothing will be able to replace the joy & sadness that the combination of F1 & MS have given me. I am truly sad about the retirement of The Red Baron.

I will always be a F1 fan, but it would never be as intense.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1740321)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1740377)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
"jar, spoon, spoon, jar" "F1, sport, sport, F1"
i take it this is some sort of analogy
saying what, im not sure. if you dont think its a sport, why not start a thread. (and i'll disscuss it there because i think its actually a good debate)
but its really not relevant here as this thread is about peoples feeling towards MS as it relates to his last race and certainly not about making fun of me.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 17:23 (Ref:1740395)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to have a nice beer and get out all of my Schui models and posters...and watch Suzuka 2000 and Adelaide 1994 again on race day...