Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 19 Mar 2005, 22:52 (Ref:1256354)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winners and Losers - Phoenix

My winners -

1 - Penske, for having the only decent Toyota's in the field once again.

2 - Matsurra, for running a very clean, competitive race, even with the pressure of probation hanging over his head.

3 - Tony Kannan, for one of the best charges from the rear of the field to the front I've ever seen, wow!

My Losers -

1 - The rookies, for really getting in the way today. To be fair, Phoenix is a tough track, but Dana, Enge, and Briscoe were road hazards out there today. At least Dana knew it, and pulled off.

2 - Scheckter, what can you say? All the bad luck, whether his fault or not, are becoming to much to take. To save what little reputation he may have left, he should think about moving on after this season. To his credit, how does he keep going?

3 - Gil DeFerran, for his annoying habit of always saying, "oooohhhh, that was so close, I'm scared to watch". Cmon now Gil, your on national TV, you need to stop saying things like that!

Who and what are your winner's and losers?

Danica Patrick
Old 20 Mar 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1256387)   #2
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winner - Patrick Carpentier for driving another steady solid race and finishing 9th in a car that has no reason being that far up. And Scott Sharp for driving a nice consistent race to 5th in his 100th start.

Loser - Dario for messing up and almost hitting the wall on that last restart.

And I agree, Gil's commentary is a little annoying. Hard to believe he used to be so calm, cool, and collected on the race track
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1256728)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Winners:
* Penske...astonishing 1-2
* Kanaan - fantastic drive, obviously the first laps mainly...though strangely stable for the last 9/10ths of the race.

Losers
* Franchitti, Herta & Wheldon...through circumstances both in (Dario) and outside (Dan & Bryan) of their control, better results for all were lost.
* Dixon...naff performance as a back marker, not showing good manners at all and almost spoiling others races.
* Rahal-Letterman. Meira & Patrick were nowhere, Rice out first. Bad day for sure.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1256965)   #4
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Winners - Matsura, for reasons given, and Franchitti, for showing a racer's spirit.

Losers - Briscoe, for beign out of his depth in a decent team, and the IRL, for having a smashing race but not having anyone turn up for it.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1256993)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winners :Sam Hornish Jr, and Penske, on a superb race, glad to see they still have the pace.

Losers ario Franchitti, and Dan Wheldon. Dan was very strong after he got into the lead, but after Dario passed him, he fell back.
Dario was very good after he took, the lead. The risks, he took in the traffic, payed off.
He was unfortunate, to slide out.

Also TK did very well, comming from the back, and being consitent. Buddy Rice, has not got himself of to a great start.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 18:42 (Ref:1257182)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dario had a go and paid the price.

I'd rather that attitude than just accepting second place.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1257234)   #7
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I never said I'd rather he didn't...but a winner is one that pulls off that move...a loser is one that doesn't
Old 20 Mar 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1257501)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Winners -
Penske, for getting the perfect result and getting Sam back into the winner's circle.
Kanaan, for showing that he's a true champion and making a great effort from the back fo the grid

Losers -
Ganassi, who've been nowhere so far this seaosn,a dn tehy clearly can't blame the engine
The new drivers, for completely failing to get onto the pace so far
Old 21 Mar 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1258080)   #9
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Winner: Hornish & Penske - Nice stratagy capitalized on getting out of sequence and not changing the tires on the last stop. Hornish did a terrific job with the car he had.

Winner and Loser: AGR - They nailed their setups, but were unable to capitalize on it. They were a LOT faster than their nearest competitors. How did Weldon get lapped? When out front he lapped way faster than the Penske cars could. Dario failing to get through traffic was one of the factors that cost him the race.

Losers: Almost everyone else. There was a huge difference between the front cars and the ones further back, like IPS vs. Indycar kind of difference. Rahal and Ganassi. I have to wonder if Target will continue to back Ganassi in the IRL if they continue to stink this season. eg. For next season. They appear to have ponied up for an extra car and what are they getting for it?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1258351)   #10
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winners : Real drivers

Losers: Pretenders
Old 21 Mar 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1258370)   #11
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Chrissie Hynde is a loser now?
Old 21 Mar 2005, 22:03 (Ref:1258384)   #12
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi

Excellent.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1258725)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winners: Penske, Hornish, Kanaan and Sharp (solid race to celebrate his 100th race)

Losers: Wheldon and Franchitti (bad luck), Dixon (simply unfocused), rookies (not a race for them)
Old 22 Mar 2005, 18:14 (Ref:1259043)   #14
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi

Very good !
Old 22 Mar 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1259151)   #15
hawkeracer
Rookie

hawkeracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winners:
The real race car drivers; former CART drivers and a few others.

Loser:
The IRL.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1259332)   #16
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winners: people who ignore that flamebait

Losers: flamebaiters
Old 23 Mar 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1259379)   #17
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo
Winners: people who ignore that flamebait

Losers: flamebaiters

Excellent post evo! That made my day!

Danica Patrick
Old 23 Mar 2005, 06:39 (Ref:1259487)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, very well said, Evo.