Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1611888)   #1
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Flavio's reaction to Fernando's zig-zag

Anyone caught the reaction Briatore had when Alonso zig-zagged BEFORE the finish line?

I think I saw a really ****ed man!!!

Anyone else?
What's your tought? Rule #1, dont pull a Wirdheim!
Old 16 May 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1611890)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Wirdheim stopped at the line, which was just plain silly.

At least Alonso did keep some momentum up! And the zig zagging was nice to see IMO.

Much better than Schuey's version at Magny Cours 2002.
Old 16 May 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1611892)   #3
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Well Wirdheim stopped at the line, which was just plain silly.

At least Alonso did keep some momentum up! And the zig zagging was nice to see IMO.

Much better than Schuey's version at Magny Cours 2002.
How fast do you think he was still going ? 175km/h ?

Could have lost it easily, I guess that's why Flavio looked so angry
Old 16 May 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1611895)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh jeez...
The guy zig-zagged at 170-180 km/h, but so what?

Didn't even look like losing it, or driving dangerously, or whatever.
Old 16 May 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1611898)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, all I can say is they better stop doing it on the warm up lap as well. They could easily lose it on cold tyres.

I very much doubt Flav was all that bothered about it.
Old 16 May 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1611899)   #6
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
so what???

SO WHAT???

Imagine he looses it, does'nt come 1st across the line
Does'nt finish 1st for Renault at the end of the year, therefore might cost/loose Renault a multi-million dollar sponsor for finishing behind Ferrai in the championship
Old 16 May 2006, 21:27 (Ref:1611901)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Crikey, we are wound up....

If Alonso had spun, he most probably would have spun across the line.

He was zig-zagging at a fair old speed, so downforce will have give him something of a margin for error.

He finished the race, won, there is no problem.
Old 16 May 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1611903)   #8
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Old 16 May 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1611911)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Besides, if he had crashed, the Spanish marshals would have give him a ruddy great shove across the line!
Old 16 May 2006, 21:43 (Ref:1611913)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFlag
Could have lost it easily, I guess that's why Flavio looked so angry
Easily?

I have just watched that bit again and Flav does not look like he was angry at Alonso, he is just hyped up at getting the win.

So I think Alonso was in control of his vehicle and Flav was not upset at him.

Alonso should do that more often though, if only to see if heads explode.
Old 16 May 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1611916)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Old 16 May 2006, 22:07 (Ref:1611930)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Geez...mountain out of a mole hill.....

this isnt the first time a driver zig zagged accross the line.....he couldve lost it... but he didnt...end of discussion IMO... people complain about drivers being robots but are criticised the minute they do something out of the manual....

And besides if he'd have spun it wouldve atleast provided some entertainment....
Old 16 May 2006, 22:19 (Ref:1611942)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey guys, don't you recognize when a italian is expressing his happiness ???
Old 16 May 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1611944)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...and for the zig zag bit, we should see more of that when crossing the lines...
Old 16 May 2006, 22:56 (Ref:1611957)   #15
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personnally, I paid more attention to his waving of one arm a couple of turns before the finish line. On a similar note, did anyone else notice Kimi apparently making good bye with one hand to the inboard camera inside his car?
Old 16 May 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1611961)   #16
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Did'nt see that one by Kimi no
Old 16 May 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1611980)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Personnally, I paid more attention to his waving of one arm a couple of turns before the finish line.
That moment, I remembered a certain driver doing exactly the same many years ago, in that GP in your country Louis !

Quote:
On a similar note, did anyone else notice Kimi apparently making good bye with one hand to the inboard camera inside his car?
I didn't notice that, just before the finish line too ?
Old 16 May 2006, 23:51 (Ref:1611983)   #18
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
On a similar note, did anyone else notice Kimi apparently making good bye with one hand to the inboard camera inside his car?
It was for Ron.
Old 16 May 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1611987)   #19
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi

I didn't notice that, just before the finish line too ?
I don't recall exactly. The French Canadian TV commentators noticed it and wondered whether he had been informed over the radio that he was on the air or whether he had seen himself on a giant screen.
Old 17 May 2006, 00:04 (Ref:1611990)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Looked like he was waving,but probably had cramp.

More Zig-Zagging please Alonso,but don't try it at Monaco.

Last edited by Marbot; 17 May 2006 at 00:06.
Old 17 May 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1611993)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
It was for Ron.
It was for the Ferrari crew...
Old 17 May 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1611997)   #22
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFlag
Anyone caught the reaction Briatore had when Alonso zig-zagged BEFORE the finish line?
I would have been more impressed if Alonso had done what Sato did earlier in the race before crossing the finish line (i.e. a 360 degree spin).
Old 17 May 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1612037)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
To the gallows!

The only viable response to such disgusting, irresponsible, petulant behaviour.

I was appalled by it at the time, and even now it causes my blood to boil!
Old 17 May 2006, 06:53 (Ref:1612075)   #24
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he's going to do it properly, do it Fittipaldi style across the line!!
Old 17 May 2006, 08:15 (Ref:1612325)   #25
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
It was for Ron.
He was waving at his mum, as it was mothers day on sunday.
And Finland is a catholic country so there.

Well, that's my take on it.