Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2008, 11:01 (Ref:2319832)   #1
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[V8SC08R12] Bahrain Baby!! (SPOILERS)

Quote:
Ticket sales for Desert 400 brisk
EXCITEMENT is building for next month's Gulf Air Desert 400 V8 Supercars weekend, as 75 per cent of tickets have already sold out, it was announced yesterday.

The prestigious three-day event takes place at the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) between November 6 and 8.

The high ticket sales were a clear indicator of the growing interest in the touring series, as the circuit comes to play host to the event for the third consecutive year.
The Gulf Daily News

And naming rights sponsorship from Gulf Air
Old 24 Oct 2008, 12:37 (Ref:2319890)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Erm, 75% of how many? If the crowd is similar to last year that'll be just the one left to sell...
Old 24 Oct 2008, 13:58 (Ref:2319971)   #3
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't they just put people in the left hand side main grandstand? so maybe 5000 seats??? the rest is covered seats with banners etc?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 14:56 (Ref:2320025)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well thats good.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 16:28 (Ref:2320080)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I might try to get to this. Seems a shame to be in the region and not take advantage. I'll give it some thought.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2320227)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do it, Peter. Despite the press the Aussies give them, the V8s are pretty interesting beasts, and they make a lovely noise. Anyone who recommends Super Touring in comparison has no soul!
Old 25 Oct 2008, 04:42 (Ref:2320362)   #7
Silver 3
Veteran

Australia
Sovereign Island
Silver 3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
75% of the 5000 they sell ! Still got room for 150,000 to give away!!
Old 25 Oct 2008, 05:01 (Ref:2320369)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Give away is right. It's only 100 Riyals or £16.00 for three days! Need to sort out flights and accommodation but it seems like a good deal.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 11:31 (Ref:2320503)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Do it, Peter. Despite the press the Aussies give them, the V8s are pretty interesting beasts, and they make a lovely noise. Anyone who recommends Super Touring in comparison has no soul!
well you have a hint of the fart mobiles with the #7 JDR car, it is nice to have a different sound for a change though.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 13:46 (Ref:2320566)   #10
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
I'm not one to pee in anyone's pockets... but Woolley you have the quote of the century!!!

Forget the carbon emissions baloney, that is such a scam, designed to increase global taxes and do little else.

Racing is about power and noise and nothing sounds as good as a V8 on song!!!
Old 25 Oct 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2320582)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, it's on the cards and I would like to see it.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 21:39 (Ref:2322132)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[V8SC08R12] Bahrain Baby!!

Frosty to blow the series away as he managed last year??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2008, 21:52 (Ref:2322138)   #13
Silencer
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Silencer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well since the ban on fixing ballast plates to the cross member of the cars FPR have lost speed.

I've got a feeling they'll be nowhere near as fast as they were last year.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 22:48 (Ref:2322173)   #14
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
well you have a hint of the fart mobiles with the #7 JDR car, it is nice to have a different sound for a change though.
I really like the sound of the Perkins cars. They sounds like old formula 1's. My ears prick every time you hear it, very distinctive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
I'm not one to pee in anyone's pockets... but Woolley you have the quote of the century!!!

Forget the carbon emissions baloney, that is such a scam, designed to increase global taxes and do little else.

Racing is about power and noise and nothing sounds as good as a V8 on song!!!
I agree with everything you said except the V8 part. I think you meant to say 20B.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2322230)   #15
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer
Well since the ban on fixing ballast plates to the cross member of the cars FPR have lost speed.

Really?

I thought that happened Pre Winton? Either way chassis 706 was a bullet at Phillip Island with the gun driver in the car. Granted the car was slower than most expected at Bathurst, Still pulled the fastest Qualifying Lap out of it on Friday. A time which was not beaten on Saturday.

Indy well, the car was quick but so were the 2 in front of it as well. On a nice big wide race circuit, with Plenty of room and a need for the driver to go an "One Shot" qualifying. I think it is taylor made for Frosty and FPR.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 01:28 (Ref:2322255)   #16
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wincup......daylight.....frosty......ingall....tander..
Old 28 Oct 2008, 01:50 (Ref:2322259)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Frosty, Whinky, davo.

sadly this is a Ford track.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 02:24 (Ref:2322270)   #18
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the cars arrive safely this year?
Old 28 Oct 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2322340)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Flight/Hotel/Entrance ticket booked. Guess I'll have to go now.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2322348)   #20
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by birtek
Will the cars arrive safely this year?
I am sure I read during the year that the Race Track had a New addition, a Runway capable of taking 747 400F's (Freighters).
Old 28 Oct 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2322379)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It wasn't there in April.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 09:23 (Ref:2322384)   #22
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencer

I tend to agree, Frosty has not had the speed he had last year.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 30 Oct 2008, 03:52 (Ref:2323973)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
I really like the sound of the Perkins cars. They sounds like old formula 1's. My ears prick every time you hear it, very distinctive.

I agree with everything you said except the V8 part. I think you meant to say 20B.
So that's the odd sound I was hearing while watching Surfers. I thought it was the TKR car.
Old 30 Oct 2008, 05:27 (Ref:2323987)   #24
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
So that's the odd sound I was hearing while watching Surfers. I thought it was the TKR car.
The only "odd" sound the TKR car makes is when the engine is actually running........
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 31 Oct 2008, 01:29 (Ref:2324542)   #25
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrtAuNL5Tr0
For those that haven't heard.