Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 20 Mar 2001, 23:12 (Ref:73149)   #1
Shaun
Rookie

Shaun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am fortunate that they are building the new Rockingham Motor Speedway in my home town of Corby and everyday I can see the track and the grandstand taking shape. This has taken hold and I am looking very much to the Rockingham 500 in September. Meanwhile after watching a video of last years FedEx Champ Car racing I decided to put together a website which is to be a source of background information on the drivers, team and circuits taking place and to provide Champ Car related material for the would be follower of this new exciting motor sport hitting the UK and Europe.
I am also putting together some details about Corby itself and what the would be visitor can hope to find when they visit Corby for the Rockingham 500. Including a register of people who will be willinging to let out rooms in their own homes. So any visitor to Corby will be welcome and looked after with local hospitality.
Please take a look at the site which can be found at www.champcarworldseries.co.uk and let me have your comments. I hope to be able to do the sport justice and build what will become a major source of reference.
Eurosport is showing the FexEx racing series live and having watched the Monterrey race I must say I thought it was both exciting hard but fair driving and all the drivers dir it credit. Unlike the Formula One races which tend to become a procession of Ferrari, McClaren and then the rest. This Champ Car racing has a lot going for it and I know that there are high hopes that this sport will have a big following not just in the UK but also in Europe.