Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 9 Apr 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1274104)   #1
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry Numbers

Just looked at the BTCC qualy results for tomorrow , have you seen the grid size?
Only 12 cars including Mark Proctor !
Will be nice to see Mark turning right again.
Who said Rallycross was dead ? We had 11 Supercars at Lydden with more
on the way , perhaps our sport is on the up !
Any comments guys?
Old 9 Apr 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1274112)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67731 is relevant to the BTCC debate.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1276052)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes Ian but I think this thread is more about the improvement of Rallycross grids in comparison with BTCC.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 08:09 (Ref:1276065)   #4
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be interesting to know the crowd figures at Donington compared to Lydden on Easter Monday. Rallycross has more to offer than the current state of BTCC.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1276094)   #5
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley
It would be interesting to know the crowd figures at Donington compared to Lydden on Easter Monday. Rallycross has more to offer than the current state of BTCC.
WHAT!?!?! Wheres the team halfords girls in rallycross?

Entry Numbers for the irish rallycross at the start of this year were very low im only counting around late 30's here.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 12 Apr 2005, 09:03 (Ref:1276098)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie

Entry Numbers for the irish rallycross at the start of this year were very low im only counting around late 30's here.
You should think yerself lucky. You get EP at Mondello.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1276118)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think it is a little rash to start comparing rids really as rallycross covers far more disciplines doesnt it and is a lot cheaer to get into for all but the supercar class I guess.
But I do agree with you Chris, I watched a bit of it on Sunday and though the racing was pretty feisty and good the grid was miniscule, maybe Mr Gow is not the bringer of all things goos after all.
I think to be honest the WTCC has more appeal for manufacturers.
As for rallycross I think they are doing rather well without tv as i thought they would, most people know my opinions on the current situation so will leave it at that.
Still think the STock Hatch category could explanded though, as the Mr Flynn has done in rallying with his rwd sideways club f ro 325i Beemers. Dont know whether that would work, maybe a stock 4wd category or a higher capacity extra hatch limit aswell as the 1.6 class?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1276533)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
You should think yerself lucky. You get EP at Mondello.
No no Peter

I get EP and MagnetOn met both in their Professional Capacity in november

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 12 Apr 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1276567)   #9
peespeed
Racer

Ireland
Carlow, Ireland
peespeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie

rxie did you not see the highlights from Donnington, Matt Neal has some Orientals on show now and I'm talking bout more than the Hondas
Old 12 Apr 2005, 21:03 (Ref:1276660)   #10
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
You mean that was a race ? :P thought that was Halfords commerical :P