Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Dec 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1779572)   #1
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
DriversKnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great and British 2007

The 2007 Great and British dates are out.......................

Please read the FAQ and do not post press releases in threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Please do not post whole press releases in your posts. We have a dedicated Press Release site for these.

If you have a press release that you want putting on the site please send it to press@parcferme.com This will enable the team of press release editors to put it up on the site. Also please refer to the submission guidelines on the website for more information.

BARC Dunlop Great and British Motorsport Festivals – Provisional 2007 calendar

28 – 29 April Snetterton

26 & 28 May Oulton Park (Island)

15 – 17 June Spa Francorchamps

21 – 22 July Thruxton

04 – 05 August Donington Park

25 – 26 August Croft

22 – 23 September Pembrey

06 – 07 October Brands Hatch

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 1 Dec 2006 at 18:10.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1779629)   #2
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What no Silverstone ?
Old 1 Dec 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1779638)   #3
DriversKnow
Racer

European Union
Staffordshire
DriversKnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The championship coordinators voted Silverstone as the circuit they would least like to visit again in 2007, so we are happy to oblige
Old 1 Dec 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1779645)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The other circuit to disappear compared to 2006 is, of course, Castle Combe - which is not a major surprise.
Old 1 Dec 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1779680)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I have to say and I know others agree with me especially after the paddock debacle at Donnington, I am not overbothered that the CTCRC are not featured for 2007. Sorry DriversKnow but I personally think we are worth more than playing second fiddle to some of the regular championships you are fielding but then again you would expect me to say that :-).
Old 1 Dec 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1779828)   #6
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spa Francorchamps? Great and British. I say! Have we invaded Belgium and hoisted the Union Flag. Ya hey! We can bulldoze Brussels (well a couple of obnoxious buildings there) I bet they'd scuttled to Strasburg before our boys rolled in there....

Whoops, I'm dreaming again.

We all know that the Spanish have invaded. Spa is a building site. Where are the tower cranes?

As for no Silverstone... why don't people like it? What if the date you had been given were for the International circuit?

With no BTCC, and no G&B, etc.. what IS going on!

Rob.
Old 2 Dec 2006, 09:30 (Ref:1780034)   #7
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
...We can bulldoze Brussels (well a couple of obnoxious buildings there)...
Is that a promise Rob?
Old 2 Dec 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1780494)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another "British" series that doesn't visit Scotland.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 16:57 (Ref:1781008)   #9
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at oulton this year, was upset i didnt get to see them last year so made up.

is it still the same package. radicals, minis, ginettas

just spotted, is the oulton date the same as the anglesey opener
Old 3 Dec 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1781037)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
The other circuit to disappear compared to 2006 is, of course, Castle Combe - which is not a major surprise.
Why? Because it's a BARC-run series? I'd have thought Castle Combe would be ideal for a series such as this one.

The absence of Silverstone doesn't surprise me in the least. Apart from the WHT, it's not a pleasant place to go anymore. The bean counters have taken over.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 19:13 (Ref:1781071)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
Looks like it.....with Britcar at some meetings, including Oulton.

Quote:
just spotted, is the oulton date the same as the anglesey opener
Yes. Anglesey's Sat/Sun, Oulton's Sat/Mon, so you could do some combination of both. Mind you, with (probably) Radical Biduro & Britcar, Oulton looks well worth missing for those of us with a low threshold of boredom!

We've seen dates alter before, though, haven't we?

Last edited by Dave Brand; 3 Dec 2006 at 19:15.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1781077)   #12
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Why? Because it's a BARC-run series? I'd have thought Castle Combe would be ideal for a series such as this one.
I thnk there were a number of issues with this years Great and British event at Combe, which resulted in the crowds being quite a bit smaller than what is traditional at a Combe meeting. One of the problems, I feel is that the timetable wasn't as packed as is traditional at Combe events which may have put some of, whilst Radical racing in particular is something of an acquired taste.

To be fair, I think some of the main problems was not of the BARC's making in that because of the event's slot on the calender it was by some perceived as being a replacement for the F3/GTs of which the Great and British events were never supposed to compete with. I guess from a Combe perspective, given that they have set up their own club in order to stage meetings that maximise popularity, it makes sense to control one of the centrepieces of the year (of which the only two day car meeting they stage is), as opposed to leaving the content up to another club and potentially not have as popular (and revenue generating) meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravel_monkey
As I understand it the content will be Radical Enduros, Biduros, MINIS and either Ginettas or Ginetta Juniors at all meetings. Westfields will feature at the bulk of meetings having switched from Avon to Dunlop rubber. The new BARC Production Saloons will race at Snetterton, Oulton, Donington, Croft, Pembrey and Brands. I'm sure I've read that the Mini Se7ens and Miglias will make a couple of appearences. I'm unsure whether given the new additions to the package whether the CTCRC will have a presence at the Dunlop meetings.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1781152)   #13
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
if the production saloons are running at oulton it may have to head there on the monday then! looks like a crackin series.

Last edited by gravel_monkey; 3 Dec 2006 at 21:20.
Old 3 Dec 2006, 21:26 (Ref:1781164)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The circuit tried to build it up as an F3/GT replacement (which it never was) and it didn't go down very well with spectators at all. Plenty more people want dates at Combe...

(Essentially, what kipper just said.)
Old 4 Dec 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1781592)   #15
Truckerhunk
Rookie

England
Yorkshire
Truckerhunk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a confirmed entry list so far for Dunlop's Sportmaxx championship? And is that championship starting on the upcoming season?
Old 4 Dec 2006, 14:10 (Ref:1781692)   #16
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
it is starting in the upcoming season. as for entries all i know is there a few astra vxr's, golf gti's and apparnetly hyundai's.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1781785)   #17
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AFAIK registration for the MS series does not open until January.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1781791)   #18
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Please, lets not have Britcar on with the Radicals! I love Britcar but find the Radicals tyresome as I imagine many marshals do. As mentioned above, I can imagine very few marshals willing to put their names down for such a meeting which will only lead to one thing...orange people staying at home!
Old 4 Dec 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1781821)   #19
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's just bloody typical No castle Combe!
Ok i hated the radicals but the rest of the package was excellent and now with the new saloon championship also being on the bill has made the loss even worse

Great
Old 4 Dec 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1781868)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
The circuit tried to build it up as an F3/GT replacement (which it never was) and it didn't go down very well with spectators at all. Plenty more people want dates at Combe...

(Essentially, what kipper just said.)
Thanks to you both for the explanation. I can see the problem now.

I agree about Radicals, too. I rather like them, per se, but when they have raced at meetings where I have been, there has simply been too much. They may all be different under the skin, but to a spectator they look pretty much the same.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1781917)   #21
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Please, lets not have Britcar on with the Radicals! I love Britcar but find the Radicals tyresome as I imagine many marshals do. As mentioned above, I can imagine very few marshals willing to put their names down for such a meeting which will only lead to one thing...orange people staying at home!
I certainly find Radicals tiresome; nothing like as tiresome as Britcar, though! Thankfully the Oulton meeting 'clashes' with the first meeting at the new Anglesey circuit.......
Old 4 Dec 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1781922)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
well they have slung the best racing off the calender so good luck to them and yes radicals are bloody boring, sorry.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1781966)   #23
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dave, I'm sure if you did the pits for a Britcar round you'd have lots of fun-and the teams are mostly very friendly so you'd always be kept supplied with a beer or two...doubt if you'll get that with the Radical teams! ...the worst ones though are those drivers who race with Mr. Birley
Old 4 Dec 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1781970)   #24
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I agree about Radicals, too. I rather like them, per se, but when they have raced at meetings where I have been, there has simply been too much. They may all be different under the skin, but to a spectator they look pretty much the same.
I'm inclined to agree; the Radical races I have seen have been quitely engrossing, but they have lack the excitment that other categories offer. Take the Donington event, for example, for me the highlights were the CTCRC stuff and Mini Se7en/Miglias. My feeling is that four Radical races in one day is just too much.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1781976)   #25
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
..the worst ones though are those drivers who race with Mr. Birley
OI...they're a lovely bunch of guys!!