Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Apr 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1281247)   #1
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does Jean Todt want Kimi?

YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE?

Old 18 Apr 2005, 13:58 (Ref:1281254)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even if he does, Ron won't let him have him.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:00 (Ref:1281255)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'd be mad not to have him on his shortlist, although I think Kimi has just slightly lost his was of late.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1281256)   #4
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How long is Kimi signed until then, k-b? If Kimi wanted to go, there isn't too much that RD could do about it, surely?
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:04 (Ref:1281258)   #5
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Umm.. that article is so baseless. Lets look at how ambiguous it was;

"Ferrari's Jean Todt does not have a 'Schumacher-on-standby.'"
ok , so in the first sentence we know that he hasnt even approached him. Then, we move on to this doozie "he has an eye on 'several talented drivers.'" Really? Todt wants "several talent drivers" to drive for ferrari? Really? WOW, thats like a pizza shop wanting pepperoni!

Guys, sure, he might want kimi, but he might want several drivers. I dont see why we are discussing such a weak article.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1281289)   #6
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari mentioned this ages ago, it's probably politics though. Flav would let them have Alonso for the right price, Ferrari are only saying they'd rather have Raikkonen to put Alonso's price down.

I have to say, though, Ferrari have missed the boat as far as the next generation of young drivers go - I mean, Felipe Massa?!
Old 18 Apr 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1281299)   #7
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liuzzi could be the right man though, and ultimately Kimi is a free agent at the end of the season. That would make a very good team.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:16 (Ref:1281331)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Jean Todt thinks Kimi's a good driver shock!"

Non-story, but I guess it's a nice bit of comedy banter in the press conference.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1281363)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
"German-English team" is also a little misleading don't you think,many of the teams on the grid have those connections,although not as obvious as Williams and Mclaren.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1281417)   #10
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
"German-English team" is also a little misleading don't you think,many of the teams on the grid have those connections,although not as obvious as Williams and Mclaren.
like who? <_<
Old 18 Apr 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1281451)   #11
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence
Ferrari mentioned this ages ago, it's probably politics though. Flav would let them have Alonso for the right price, Ferrari are only saying they'd rather have Raikkonen to put Alonso's price down.

I have to say, though, Ferrari have missed the boat as far as the next generation of young drivers go - I mean, Felipe Massa?!
I agree that if the decision were made today, FA would likely be Ferrari's first choice, and after that I'd rate Kimi, but I'd venture to say Massa is still in the running. However, things change quickly in F1 and the picture could be much different by the time Michael decides to pack it in.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1281475)   #12
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula Juan
like who? <_<
Ferrari with Schumacers huge input, Toyota are based in Germany (Cologne I think)
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1281509)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They will definately have him as their no.1 choice.. but Kimi will be difficult to get from Mclaren..... having said that Ferrari usually get what they want...
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1281515)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Toyota are based in Germany (Cologne I think)
Toyota are half- Japanese half German....
The only Half English Half German teams out there are Williams and Mclaren...
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:24 (Ref:1281524)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Toyota are half- Japanese half German....
The only Half English Half German teams out there are Williams and Mclaren...
Jordan also have the 'German' Toyota engines and are English based.

Some would say that Ferrari is a German-English team.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1281526)   #16
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is Jordan they're referring to.

Karthikeyan will be a Ferrari driver in the future, I believe.

It makes sense for several reasons.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1281528)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
It is Jordan they're referring to.

Karthikeyan will be a Ferrari driver in the future, I believe.

It makes sense for several reasons.
Such as.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1281530)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

He's fast, he's from a huge marketplace (which will be important as Ferrari's budget is squeezed, there are already some commercial links between Ferrari and India.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:39 (Ref:1281531)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
He's fast, he's from a huge marketplace (which will be important as Ferrari's budget is squeezed, there are already some commercial links between Ferrari and India.
I'm not sure he fits the image of a Ferrari driver,but then neither does TGF, whereas RB is spot on.

And the thought of some of Ferraris finest being used as taxis is sobering indeed.

Last edited by Marbot; 18 Apr 2005 at 19:43.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1281535)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

What's the "image of a Ferrari driver?"

I hope that's not a racial point...
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1281541)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
What's the "image of a Ferrari driver?"

I hope that's not a racial point...
Indeed not,i think maybe Ferrari being an emotional sort of brand conjours up images of drivers like Jean Alesi,Gilles Villeneuve,(maybe Alonso)etc.But i suppose if the drivers good enough he'll get the drive.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1281542)   #22
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Even if he does, Ron won't let him have him.
Are you sure KB? Remember we we last discussed about KR and Ferrari?
Old 18 Apr 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1281544)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Yes - but I still don't think Kimi would want to go to a post-Schumacher, post-Brawn, post-Byrne, post-Todt Ferrari on a downturn when he can stay with McLaren which is on an upswing.

Last edited by Kicking-back; 18 Apr 2005 at 19:54.
Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1281556)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Karthikeyan comes across in a very similar way to Gilles and Jean, with a similar personality and a similar attitude to racing. He really seems like a rgeat guy, and he's clearly a better driver than I ever gave him credit for. And the potential sponsorship from his homeland could fund having a really front-running driver in teh other car.

As for which front-running driver, Kimi seems like the best choice. He's the only one who's showed that he can consistantly challenge Michael, and in inferior machinery. Alonso would be good as well, but I think Kimi's ideal for the slightly-lesser situation Ferrari can expect to be in once Ross and Rory leave - I've got question marks about Fernando when things aren't going smoothly.

Surely Jordan is an English-German-Russian-Canadian-Irish-Japanese-Israeli-Portuguese-Indian team though....
Old 18 Apr 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1281570)   #25
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Jordan also have the 'German' Toyota engines and are English based.

Some would say that Ferrari is a German-English team.
Actually reading my post back I can say this.... What was I on when I wrote that!!??