Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 11 Apr 2003, 12:39 (Ref:566242)   #1
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gp2

Having just got a copy of GP2 for the first time, does anyone have any advice to share (apart from those telling me to upgrade and get GPL ) like useful websites, guides, downloads etc. because I'm useless There seems to be hardly anything on the internet, there're probably more working links for GP1.
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 11 Apr 2003, 12:43 (Ref:566246)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you should upgrade and get GPL........

Seriously, I've never driven GP2. I used to drive GP3 (and I've got an unused GP4 somewhere). There is a site which had a lot of GP3 downloads available, and I've a sneaking suspicion they did GP2 stuff as well, but as I'm at work, I haven't got the URL. I'll try and find it later (by which time lots of people will no doubt have beaten me to it.....)
Old 11 Apr 2003, 12:52 (Ref:566259)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
try www.grandprix2.com. I know there is a www.grandprix4.com, i have no idea if 2 works, but you could try
Old 11 Apr 2003, 16:39 (Ref:566495)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
www.alphaf1.com/gp2/

Thay also do GP3, GP3-2000 & GP4 stuff.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 19:08 (Ref:566605)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alpha! Thats the one I was thinking of!

(See, I told you someone would beat me to it!!).
Old 30 Apr 2003, 18:58 (Ref:585460)   #6
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An excellent site for downloads:
http://www.sportplanet.com/gp2/

Site has everything and has avaliable for download carsets, tracks, utilities, helmets, etc...

With a dial-up connection some of the downloads took an age to download but in particular the variety of tracks available from the site helped breathe life into an admittedly aged game. The ficticious tracks in particular were interesting - anyone ever contributed anything to the site?
Old 30 Apr 2003, 21:33 (Ref:585637)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get GP3 or GP4.

Both beat GP2 and GPL by miles.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 21:36 (Ref:585643)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's complete rubbish and you know it! I've got GP4. I'm bored already!
It practically steers you round the track for you (no seriously, it does!)
Old 30 Apr 2003, 21:58 (Ref:585661)   #9
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't played GP4 for a long while now since i have GTR2002 and GPL.

Geoff Crammonds games suck.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 22:17 (Ref:585685)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I played GP3 for a while - quite good fun - but it's just a game. Funnily enough, I was given GP4 but I've never even installed it. There's another sim which is simply too good......
Old 30 Apr 2003, 22:29 (Ref:585709)   #11
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I played GP3 for a while - quite good fun - but it's just a game. Funnily enough, I was given GP4 but I've never even installed it. There's another sim which is simply too good......
And don't bother either. I did like it. But then 10/10 popped into my life, and my good TTFL friends reminded me of what i was missing

Last edited by pirenzo; 30 Apr 2003 at 22:30.
Old 1 May 2003, 13:44 (Ref:586247)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've still got GP2 and still play it a fair bit. I've never played GP3 or GP4 so i guess i don't know what i'm missing.
Old 1 May 2003, 14:11 (Ref:586279)   #13
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still prefer GP3, as my pc won't run GP4 (card not good enough)

Once I get a better one, GP4 here I come!
Old 1 May 2003, 18:31 (Ref:586532)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh well, as I've said before, it's horses for courses. Perhaps I'm just a sad bloke, but I played GP3 for about 3-4 weeks, but at the beginning of August I re-discovered GPL. I haven't driven another racing sim since.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 1 May 2003 at 18:31.
Old 1 May 2003, 18:59 (Ref:586555)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A guy from work leant me GP4 and to be honest I was not impressed, and ended going back to another sim. I have played GP2 years ago and it was OK. But I do remember rushing out and getting the orginal for my Amiga, and I got very very addicted to it........
Old 1 May 2003, 19:04 (Ref:586561)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
I've still got GP2 and still play it a fair bit. I've never played GP3 or GP4 so i guess i don't know what i'm missing.
I have both GP3 and GP4 and i can assure you, you're not missing anything...

Haven't played GP4/GP3 since i found GPL.
Old 1 May 2003, 19:09 (Ref:586570)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, GPL was the first sim i ever played actually. Tough start eh?