Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Apr 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2176381)   #1
GT VIRUS
Rookie

GT VIRUS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marion International

I designed this track with a goal. Start with a track for Formula Vee, then extend for Formula Ford, then again for F3, and then finally once more for F1. The track ended up being a track of 2 parts. The left half is very clinical and is full of 90 and 180 degree corners. However the right side is more flowing and much nicer. Soo the right side combinations become great drivers courses.

I envisioned the main pits being the ones on the left, but the ones on the right work equally as well, i just left less room there for the paddock.

There are 4 variations using the main pits, formula vee, formula ford, formula 3 and formula 1. From the other pit lane, there are 2 layouts, the North and South layouts. The combination of the north and south could also be used if another pitlane was built.

In terms of scale, both pitlanes measure 300m of service area (aka the straight bit of them).

All Layouts go clockwise except for the North and Combined layouts.

Track Lenths are:

FV: 1.8km
FF: 2.6km
F3: 4.1km
F1: 4.8km
North: 2.4km
South: 2.3km
Combined: 3.1km

** i forgot a couple of little corners that make the North, South and Combined circuits work properly. Just pretend they are there
Attached Thumbnails
Marion.jpg  

Last edited by GT VIRUS; 13 Apr 2008 at 12:20.
Old 13 Apr 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2176701)   #2
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting configurations there, nicely done. Love the flow.
Old 14 Apr 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2177185)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me there is several really nice sequences of corners, though to be honest without the
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT VIRUS
** i forgot a couple of little corners that make the North, South and Combined circuits work properly. Just pretend they are there
I don't see the whole thing interconnect the way in which you obviously envisage. To tell the truth I can't see the individual circuits that you mention working at all given the pitlane locations and directions.

I've highlighted the corner sequence that jumps out at me and in the second image I've modified it slightly. The first is to move the pitlane across the track, the second is to move one of the "split" sections slightly further around the corner to have it line up as an entry to the upper hairpin.
In terms of scale this "new circuit" would be a 2-2.25 mile (3.2-3.6km) circuit run clockwise
Attached Thumbnails
attachment edit.jpg   attachment Mod.jpg