Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Oct 2007, 02:46 (Ref:2052480)   #1
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Kelvin Goo--ne for good???

Hot tip is that Kelvin O'Reilly has been asked to seek other opportunities rather than continue to be the El Supremo of TEGA
If so what changes will this bring? Will Michael Masi be the new head ?or will TEGA dissapear and merge with the V8 Supercar Company all to be headed By Tony Cochrane? .
If Correct it sends a strong message it dont pay to mess around with Big Tony
Old 27 Oct 2007, 03:25 (Ref:2052487)   #2
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hot tip is that Kelvin O'Reilly has been asked to seek other opportunities rather than continue to be the El Supremo of TEGA
All my Christmas's have come at once!!! Maybe he could join John the failed Liberal Party Leader in organzing a Croquet match. The fellow should not even go near any form of organized motorsport. Would not wish him onto my worst enemy. TEGA made a huge mistake by getting him onboard in the first place.

Last edited by Robert Ryan; 27 Oct 2007 at 03:29.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 04:15 (Ref:2052489)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As much as the Kelvinmonster hasnt always been as transparent and logical with his pronouncements and activities.... the problem of the lack of a viable alternative remains.

If Mr Cochrane is the considered choice as being the better alternative, then I will set my egg timer and wait for the nuclear explosion to arrive. It will happen. Guaranteed.

If the suggestion of Mr Masi is correct...is that a CAMS appointment on the TEGA/VESA board, or a career puddle jump? If it is the link that finally gets CAMS/VESA/TEGA on the same page... and it can stick.... perhaps this becomes a strategic masterstroke.

Again, the proof is in the pudding.. or the cookies...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Oct 2007, 09:03 (Ref:2052544)   #4
spectator22
Racer

spectator22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of gun-jumping going on? Wasnt there an announcement some months back that KOR had just signed a new 3yr contract? From afar, he seems to be a pragmatic sort of administrator - much prefered to the alternative if TC hangs on and brings in his own type Id have thought
Old 30 Oct 2007, 00:01 (Ref:2054497)   #5
Used Car
Racer

Alderney
In the big house without my wife & kids
Used Car should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boned

To all whose lives I have touched in my short time here, may your eggs turn into chickens and kick your house down.
Old 31 Oct 2007, 06:08 (Ref:2055572)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Car
Boned
According to this week's AA, this appears to be the case... as pseudo chairman of TEGA anyway... it seems that the 3 year contract allegedly signed earlier in the year was for the General Manager's position within TEGA... presumably if TEGA choose not to honour that contract, they shall have to pay Mr O'Reilly the recompense in accordance with the conditions of that document.

If the AA article is right... the whole board will be rolled at the next AGM

Sounds like a lot of fun to be there....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 31 Oct 2007, 13:35 (Ref:2055886)   #7
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do any of you think that this will change anything?
Old 31 Oct 2007, 14:10 (Ref:2055918)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, but id it was TC maybe.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 04:40 (Ref:2078450)   #9
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Auto Action this week interviewed the most resilient chairman in the History of the world (I think his back is made of rubber) who says Kelvin has been "boned" never to return.

I still can't get over Kelvin's comments in Auto Action 2 year ago were he stated the problem with V8's is the Sponsors are lazy (I hope he was miss quoted).
Old 30 Nov 2007, 08:53 (Ref:2078501)   #10
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
no, but id it was TC maybe.
Is there any chance you can write in plain english. That way we mere mortals can understand what you are saying.

PS i think i have said it before, read it before you hit the button. Then if it makes sense to you, post it.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 21:07 (Ref:2078991)   #11
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I still can't get over Kelvin's comments in Auto Action 2 year ago were he stated the problem with V8's is the Sponsors are lazy (I hope he was miss quoted).
No that sounds like Kelvin. I have heard some other doosies from him as well.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 23:38 (Ref:2230476)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Looks like the Kelvinmonster has somewhere somewhat larger to play F1!!!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2008, 00:11 (Ref:2230485)   #13
EDA82
Rookie

EDA82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old news... in AA last week
Old 17 Jun 2008, 00:32 (Ref:2230488)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Might be old news, but interesting that the lame duck TREC concept is being touted as the future of F1

Maybe Kelvinmonster could become the new Bernie....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2008, 00:40 (Ref:2230492)   #15
EDA82
Rookie

EDA82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Maybe Kelvinmonster could become the new Bernie....
Now that's funny
Old 17 Jun 2008, 00:43 (Ref:2230496)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well he did try to become the Aussie Bernie without success.. perhaps since the 'real' Bernie is getting on a bit... the transition of power may happen

Good luck getting V8Supercars on at the AGP in future
#CANCERSUCKS