Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Sep 2007, 08:12 (Ref:2014261)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
boring racing, and predictable!

well as Lowndesy pointed out this year the same teams were on the podium just a shuffle of which position, and with the commentator trying to make it look good by saying "good teams...", and with every round people knowing roughly how it will pan out unless something happens with weather or a crash.

dosn't it say something, that a driver is pointing out the predictability and a commentator trying to make it look good, TC SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 08:49 (Ref:2014287)   #2
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It must take a lot to please you!

It proved to me that to win this this race, the two 'guns' of the race team must be in control of the race car. 888 had the best combo on paper and followed it through. Full props I say.
Look out Holden if the trend continues.

I found the race entertaining, and can't wait for the big one!
Old 16 Sep 2007, 08:49 (Ref:2014288)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
TC SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.
What does TC need to do?

The only thing that needs to be done is the other teams to work harder.

Anything else is just contrived.....
Old 16 Sep 2007, 08:53 (Ref:2014292)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
well you walk in TW's (and the rest of his team) for a day and then walk in a GRM, Tasman, Perkins and Britek shoes for a day with their considerably less budget and equipment and see if it is just as simple as 'need to work harder'.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 08:58 (Ref:2014299)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you kidding? Motorsport has always been like that, always will be.

Is it HRT's or HSVDT's or Triple 8's fault they are able to attract that level of funding whilst others can't? Why should they be penalised for doing a better job (on the track, and in the marketing department)?
Old 16 Sep 2007, 09:02 (Ref:2014307)   #6
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What?? The race was fine! Not enough crashes for you??

Ridiculous thread ... again!
Old 16 Sep 2007, 09:07 (Ref:2014313)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
And your thread about Seto finishing where he did is not, i mean Seto did a solid job but so did many other do they get a thread? is Seto the 'special' one?
Old 16 Sep 2007, 09:25 (Ref:2014328)   #8
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Seto is just an especially popular retired V8 Supercar driver .

Anyhow certainly the pace was so attacking such that non full timers were swamped by the much more aggresive full timers. That will be fixed by more full timers being paired I guess, so there will be a lot more combo's on the attack all race and not falling backwards like a rock in the co-driver stint, which ought to help spice up the action and limit the massive gaps from forming.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 09:29 (Ref:2014332)   #9
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
well as Lowndesy pointed out this year the same teams were on the podium just a shuffle of which position, and with the commentator trying to make it look good by saying "good teams...", and with every round people knowing roughly how it will pan out unless something happens with weather or a crash.

dosn't it say something, that a driver is pointing out the predictability and a commentator trying to make it look good, TC SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE.

And it has tackin you 5 years to work this out pwr.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 16 Sep 2007, 09:54 (Ref:2014354)   #10
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And your thread about Seto finishing where he did is not, i mean Seto did a solid job but so did many other do they get a thread? is Seto the 'special' one?
Ha! Nice try child Credit for having a go though.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 10:42 (Ref:2014398)   #11
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes Seto is very special. It it about time you learn this!!
Old 16 Sep 2007, 10:46 (Ref:2014402)   #12
Raceonly
Racer

Australia
Raceonly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
What does TC need to do?

The only thing that needs to be done is the other teams to work harder.

Anything else is just contrived.....
The whole series is contrived- that is what a 2 make silhoette formula is always going to be. But not a bad race by V8 standards. Sbr are still having dramas, 888 look good, and even Team Midget were showing some speed.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 11:09 (Ref:2014424)   #13
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race did show the value of having 2 "gun" drivers though. I could see from the opening laps when Lowndes was in 3rd that they were the car to beat. We are only left to wonder what would have emerged if Kelly/Tander and Frosty/Richards had been paired.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 11:48 (Ref:2014457)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats the problem with the young people of today they want a nice little exciting package that can be over in 3 and a half minutes, because tv has killed their attention span.

what a great race. its an enduro, so naturally many hard luck stories, distinct lack of safety cars, a few more and we would have seen a differnt race
Old 16 Sep 2007, 12:16 (Ref:2014488)   #15
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

Go watch something else then.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 12:25 (Ref:2014500)   #16
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think we are in for a good close battle at bathurst. 888 & Toll are evenly matched, and a Todd Kelly Mark Skaife HRT car will be right up there as well. Should FPR combine their stars in one of their cars, we have a good battle on our hands.

Congratulations to 888, they did the best job today. On paper they were the ones to beat, and it proved to be so. 1000kms is a long way, but it's fairly clear to see, we have five cars that can win Bathurst.. 888, 2, 16, 1, 5(or6).

I make that 2 fords & 3 holdens - pretty even.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 12:30 (Ref:2014510)   #17
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually enjoyed the race. I hate full course yellows and this race was relatively devoid of such boring viewing.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 15:28 (Ref:2014691)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
what a great race.
Hardly what I would call a great race, I didnt have a problem with it but by no means worthy of such a tag.

The 888 car was always going to win and never was challenged.

I am still left wondering for life of me why the officials felt the need for the stop go for the #16 car. That was lame and seemed like championship controlling decision. Watch out Rick, they are coming for you next.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 22:32 (Ref:2015040)   #19
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
I am still left wondering for life of me why the officials felt the need for the stop go for the #16 car. That was lame and seemed like championship controlling decision.
Yes, I have to agree. It was a tough call on Tander and it will be a tough call on anyone else in the future.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 23:11 (Ref:2015057)   #20
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am still left wondering for life of me why the officials felt the need for the stop go for the #16 car. That was lame and seemed like championship controlling decision. Watch out Rick, they are coming for you next.
The high intensity light is a piece of safety equipment. While it is (relatively) unimportant in pit lane, it IS important on the track. Especially with wet weather approaching. I think they were lucky to get a drive through and not a mechanical black flag where they would have to stop and fix the problem.
Having to display the light in pit lane provides a method of verifying that the light will work when it IS needed.
Old 16 Sep 2007, 23:58 (Ref:2015094)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A few things could possibly be improved...

The noise and talk and rubbish about the driver pairings joining in a single car, and the use of part timers would go away... if TEGA mandated that the primary drivers had to stay in their own nominated series cars... and carry a codriver from somewhere else in every single car in the field.

What this may drive is a secondary driver market... where teams are investing in talent in the development series, or Carrera Cup, or any other competitive national series to keep the talent on ice, for use a couple of weekends a year.

Maybe it will also drag some new talent through as well....

The other thing that seems to need tuning is the consistency of penalties. As suggested elsewhere... Mr Jones appears to have been penalised unfairly, while other cars such as Mr Ritter's in front of Mr Lowndes, was about the same gap ahead, arguably holding the #888 car up... but got no penalty

Its just not the same call every time... the volunteers making these calls may need a refresher as to what constitues a penalisable event... just like the NRL referees get tuned up to try and achieve consistency...

More work please... to not ruin people's race weekends with inappropriate calls
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Sep 2007, 00:52 (Ref:2015114)   #22
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVO
What?? The race was fine! Not enough crashes for you??

Ridiculous thread ... again!
I agree. When I was watching the race I thought I could count the seconds the next day till I see a complaint about boring racing.

The racing is close, passing is hard with no grip and 1500kg wrapped around you, but this is racing. Not every race can be a classic.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 17 Sep 2007, 00:56 (Ref:2015116)   #23
goosel
Rookie

Australia
goosel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Old 17 Sep 2007, 00:58 (Ref:2015117)   #24
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Hardly what I would call a great race, I didnt have a problem with it but by no means worthy of such a tag.

The 888 car was always going to win and never was challenged.

I felt it was a great race, the triple 8 car was not always going to win, it's just the way it turned out. I guess you will be telling me Peter Brock was a crap driver next, after all he won many of his bathurst and sandowns by a lot more than two and half seconds (4 laps wasnt it). but im tipping you were not there and really only have the tv to judge from

GT got of lighly with his penalty, he should have been dealt with more harshly for taking JC out of the race and should have been made to fix his light and my goodness, isnt he a sook!
Old 17 Sep 2007, 02:31 (Ref:2015161)   #25
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfit
The high intensity light is a piece of safety equipment. While it is (relatively) unimportant in pit lane, it IS important on the track. Especially with wet weather approaching. I think they were lucky to get a drive through and not a mechanical black flag where they would have to stop and fix the problem.
Having to display the light in pit lane provides a method of verifying that the light will work when it IS needed.
Although Skaife was not disqualified for having a non-functioning rainlight in wet conditions, and subsequently Team Dynamik were robbed of a win in the 2003 Sandwon 500 ???