Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 Jul 2001, 14:20 (Ref:119199)   #1
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help!

I'm desperately searching for a good web site to find more on the history of the 24 hours of Le Mans (in English). I would also like to find sites about racing in days gone by in all classes and formulas. If anybody can help, I know it's the racing braintrust here! (That was a shameless attempt to flatter the board members so they would be more inclined to help me, but if it works, hey, all the better!)
Old 19 Jul 2001, 15:21 (Ref:119217)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A couple of good Le Mans websites which have some history information are:

http://www.club-arnage.com
http://www.maisonblanche.co.uk

Have you looked at the official ACO site? It used of have some useful info on it http://www.lemans.org

Can I also recommend, for fans of lo-tech information gathering the excellent Brooklands Books series on the history of Le Mans.
(From which I learned that my own employers provided the computing knowhow to calculate the aerodynamics of the Ford GT40).
Old 19 Jul 2001, 17:46 (Ref:119288)   #3
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
You will find www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk/ very useful as a starting point. Follow the links and the links from links and you should find all the information you need.

By the way I recently answered a similar request on another site - can't have been from you, can it ?
Old 19 Jul 2001, 17:49 (Ref:119290)   #4
zealot
Racer

zealot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to both of you for your help. And no, I wasn't the other lost racing fan you helped out, but again, thanks for your help.
Old 19 Jul 2001, 17:51 (Ref:119292)   #5
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
You're welcome. Happy hunting !!