Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Nov 2006, 23:39 (Ref:1764538)   #1
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perkins' new man??

With all the rumours having Steven Richards the hot favourite to replace Bright at FPR,who would Larry get to repalce richards to drive the jack daniels number 7 car next year?.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 23:52 (Ref:1764546)   #2
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
someone cheap, most likely price i am guessing.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1764558)   #3
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunatly I think Perkins Motorsport is in for a very lean period. If Dumbrell takes over a No 1 Driver with Price as No. 2. While Dumbrell has improved a lot in the last year he's not going to win a championship (He might get lucky and bag a win at some stage) but he's not a team leader, and Price will be at least a couple of years before we really see if he's good enough.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 01:35 (Ref:1764573)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't rate dumbrell at all.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 02:49 (Ref:1764594)   #5
Alan 52
Racer

Alan 52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was this the sort of driver line up Jack Daniels thought it would be getting for its money?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 04:15 (Ref:1764609)   #6
Mickcals
Racer

Mickcals has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think Larry Perkins will promote both Jack and Shane, and develop them in the main game.

If he does this, then i think he making a smart move, the more experience in the main game these two kids get the quicker they ll wise up (eg Rick Kelly)
Old 13 Nov 2006, 04:37 (Ref:1764612)   #7
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell
Unfortunatly I think Perkins Motorsport is in for a very lean period
I'm as big a fan of Larry as you Trev, but I agree with you.

Garry Rogers has been an advocate of the young drivers for some years now and he has got a pretty empty results sheet since Bathurst 2000. Maybe Bargs got home at Indy in 2002 but I reckon that's about it...

Infact I don't even know for sure if Larry has tied up a second franchise slot yet???
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 13 Nov 2006, 04:47 (Ref:1764614)   #8
buza
Racer

Australia
Warragul Australia
buza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell
Unfortunatly I think Perkins Motorsport is in for a very lean period. If Dumbrell takes over a No 1 Driver with Price as No. 2. While Dumbrell has improved a lot in the last year he's not going to win a championship (He might get lucky and bag a win at some stage) but he's not a team leader, and Price will be at least a couple of years before we really see if he's good enough.
Give PD the same backing (crew wise) Richo gets at Perkins and we might see what he can do then.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 05:22 (Ref:1764621)   #9
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by buza
Give PD the same backing (crew wise) Richo gets at Perkins and we might see what he can do then.
Might....

If we replace the name Dumbrell and put Canto in there we know it'd be a "WILL" see what he can do...
Old 13 Nov 2006, 05:28 (Ref:1764625)   #10
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Senna05 I though that Canto would be a good pickup for JDR but then he signed for GRM again a couple of weeks ago.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:15 (Ref:1764639)   #11
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a self confessed member of the Canto mafia .. I couldnt agree with you more .. its a shame Gary cant find the extra horses for him to be competitive when he does get up to the pointy end in qualifying.

From what I hear he is held in high esteem by all of the engineers that have worked with both now and in the past.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:24 (Ref:1764642)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney551
As a self confessed member of the Canto mafia .. I couldnt agree with you more .. its a shame Gary cant find the extra horses for him to be competitive when he does get up to the pointy end in qualifying.
There were whispers from Tasmania (not from the powder room...) that GRM may be looking to use WP as an engine source from next season....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:27 (Ref:1764643)   #13
dumbrell_fan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria
dumbrell_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spot on. But still, no news out yet that Dumbrell has signed on to stay at Perkins he could also be leaving
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:32 (Ref:1764647)   #14
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has McConville signed with PWR for next year? I hear he is an option. Todd Kelly is supposedly in the mix too.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:36 (Ref:1764650)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbrell_fan
Spot on. But still, no news out yet that Dumbrell has signed on to stay at Perkins he could also be leaving
And if he goes, where does he go?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Nov 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1764654)   #16
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Has McConville signed with PWR for next year? I hear he is an option. Todd Kelly is supposedly in the mix too.
Seriously Chatters, if you are going to spout nonsense then at least make it credible.

Todd will go no further than Kelly Gang Racing, end of story.

Blood is thicker than water.

Andy Jones will be proof of that in 2007.

As for signing with PWR, Cam should jump ship to LarryLand if possible, then he can blame the engine builder directly......
Old 13 Nov 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1764677)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ms news said cam has signed at PWR. dumbrell may go to PWR to take murphs spot

seperatly todd is in the mix for a job with Larry.

Larry has a big sponsor in Jack Daniels and will need a quality driver.

oh and JD sales are up 20% for the year. that is big money increase
Old 13 Nov 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1764688)   #18
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see any change in the TW cars unless they swap Todd & Garth...and I'm sure GT would protest like hell after what transpired at the enduros. The only way Todd would be shuffled out of the 4 is if Briscoe came back full time....and that seems most unlikely. Would be hard to see him miss a full time Champ car seat next year.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 08:58 (Ref:1764712)   #19
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Todd Kelly at JDR would be a good choice..

He will never get to be a lead driver as long as he is driving under Mr Skaife.

You could find Mr Dumbrell in the number 2 HRT, and Shane and Jack Sharing the second perkins drive.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1764721)   #20
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
As the reported sole developer of the race cars for the last two years I would imagine Richards is entitled to pick and choose his crew at his leisure. Either way, next year will really expose Dumbrell's abilities, he will either prove to be a great team leader and car developer (and prove almost everyone wrong), or he will be found wanting in an underperforming car.

Unless Larry has someone else in mind to lead JDR...
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:34 (Ref:1764793)   #21
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richo and PD did finish with the same number of points at Tassie, so he does have talent!
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:49 (Ref:1764805)   #22
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont think Cam is going because if memory serves me right he signed with PWR for 2 years,i think the only way Toddler is moving if Briscoe comes back (doubt it),maybe Will Davo is a shoe in if DJR close or decide to do the yearly driver change to get another paying driver after Will's good performances in a notso good car this year deserves a wage and would rightly so be asking for 1.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1764807)   #23
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmifsud
Richo and PD did finish with the same number of points at Tassie, so he does have talent!
no doubt he has talent and has shown that this year but is he a leader maybe another year or two and he will be IMO.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1764810)   #24
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raglanparade
You could find Mr Dumbrell in the number 2 HRT...
Don't make me laugh so hard, it can't be good for me...

Dumbrell will need a whole bunch of miracles for him to even dream of having #22 at HRT next year... At least that's what I think.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 13 Nov 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1764822)   #25
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
There were whispers from Tasmania (not from the powder room...) that GRM may be looking to use WP as an engine source from next season....
Im surprised WP would supply GRM engines!