Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 May 2002, 11:28 (Ref:280182)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody going to Trans Am Weekend at Mosport?

Corner Two will be fully tenanted and we are all hoping it doesn't snow this week! Anybody else coming up?
Old 13 May 2002, 15:37 (Ref:285216)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there, infield, Andretti straightaway, Sunday only.
I'm new here - just joined after seeing a reference to this site on dailysportscar.com.
Look for the banner for westove-racing.com (our slotcar race club).
Looking pretty cold, though. High of 11C???
Stick around for the Canada GT Challenge, eh?

Last edited by paul-collins; 13 May 2002 at 15:38.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 14 May 2002, 00:38 (Ref:285801)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for Saturday and Sunday -- we're going home Monday after the last dog is hanged.

Come up to Corner Two and have a beer if you get the chance. Look for the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame motor home.
Old 14 May 2002, 13:58 (Ref:286301)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Are you outfield (i.e. inside the corner)? We usually watch some from the outside of Turn 2 (easy access from our usual campsite), but we could tunnel over.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 May 2002, 17:02 (Ref:287474)   #5
Scottie
Rookie

Scottie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too! (Arriving Thursday evening) Also at end of MA Straight near turn 8.

Last edited by Scottie; 15 May 2002 at 17:03.
Old 16 May 2002, 00:47 (Ref:287691)   #6
Liz
Veteran

We are up by the concession stand and behind the flag pole. Usually you can hear the drums from almost anywhere.

If you are familiar with Mayor Marty, he is One of Us. Just don't tell my mom.
Old 16 May 2002, 00:59 (Ref:287698)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Well, I know the area. We watch from there all the time. Isn't there a cairn in the area (a bit downhill of the conncession stand)?

-Bill James
Old 17 May 2002, 02:25 (Ref:288517)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Yes, that's about where we park the motor home, just up from there. And Marty's trailer is behind it, under the trees. Ed Moody is the maitre d' at the corner and can usually tell you where anybody is. See you there!
Old 20 May 2002, 14:00 (Ref:290433)   #9
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Well, I dropped by twice and unfortunately couldn't hook up with you . On the lunch break I was told you were off doing interviews, and the second time (during the Canada GT Challenge) I was steered away by some protective compatriots of yours.

We'll have to try ALMS. Come to us with a few of your friends for an Ex. We'll be infield between turn 7 and 8, near Pfaff's staff motorhome. Globalstar may be providing us with an hospitality tent as well...
Old 21 May 2002, 02:09 (Ref:291060)   #10
Liz
Veteran

OK -- sorry I missed you. I was probably striking the tent during the Canada GT race; George wanted to take off right away and I was not prepared. I got some good interviews this weekend -- but Mosport really ought to spring for heaters in the media centre. And while it is lovely to have a ringside seat on the hot pits, it makes recording press conferences virtually a **** shoot. Johnny Miller was the only person with sense enough to stop talking when cars were going by the window!

I'll be up for all 3 days during the ALMS race so I'm sure we can hook up during that one.
Old 21 May 2002, 02:49 (Ref:291077)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Miller? We watched the TA race with his parents! Nice folks... Once my photos are developed I'll see if they showed up in any.

We'll figure out the ALMS weekend as it approaches.

-Bill James
Old 21 May 2002, 19:31 (Ref:291808)   #12
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
aside: Liz, is that you who won the caption contest?

-Bill James