Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: Should buffoons like Abt be allowed on the track? (Knowlesy)
Yep 6 54.55%
Nah 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jul 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1662273)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DTM Norisring

What? No thread yet! C'mon, it's the ring!

By the way, advance notice...my predictions guess of three Audi's was a joke, did you get it? Hope everyone got the irony of it (wipes brow)

Snappy pole for Green again...but of course he won't win...Jean or Bernd? Or can Ekstrom fight his way to the front, it's that race again...my favourite on TRD3

Grid
1 - Jamie Green - Salzgitter AMG-Mercedes - 48.489
2 - Bernd Schneider - Vodafone AMG-Mercedes - 48.509
3 - Bruno Spengler - Daimler-Chrysler-Bank AMG-Mercedes - 48.622
4 - Jean Alesi - stern AMG-Mercedes - 48.647
5 - Mika Häkkinen - AMG-Mercedes - 48.655
6 - Mattias Ekström - Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline - 48.676
7 - Tom Kristensen - Audi Sport Team Abt - 48.717
8 - Timo Scheider - Audi Sport Team Rosberg - 48.925
9 - Christian Abt - Audi Sport Team Phoenix - 48.787
10 - Frank Stippler - Audi Sport Team Rosberg - 48.789
11 - Daniel la Rosa - TrekStor AMG-Mercedes - 48.789
12 - Heinz-Harald Frentzen - Audi Sport Team Abt - 48.949
13 - Alexandros Margaritis - Easy Rent AMG-Mercedes -
14 - Pierre Kaffer - Audi Sport Team Phoenix - 49.417
15 - Mathias Lauda - Junge Gebrauchte AMG-Mercedes - 49.065
16 - Martin Tomczyk - Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline - 49.069
17 - Susie Stoddart - AutoScout24 AMG-Mercedes - 49.331
18 - Jeroen Bleekemolen - Futurecom TME - 49.409
19 - Stefan Mücke - TV-Spielfilm Mücke Motorsport - 49.797
20 - Vanina Ickx - Futurecom TME - 49.936

Last edited by Hazard; 22 Jul 2006 at 22:00.
Old 22 Jul 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1662278)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good result for Green to take another pole, has been a little off the boil recently I feel and it is good to see him back on his usual form. A win out of the question tommorow? I dont know about that, he has to get one sometime surley?
Old 22 Jul 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1662309)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, if he can get off the line properly it would be a start. Fingers crossed, it is overdue!
Old 23 Jul 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1662647)   #4
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've become bored with the DTM this season and I'm not sure why, but it's hard to resist the lure of the cars stomping around the Norisring.

Always my favourite DTM race of the year.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1662715)   #5
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate that DTM spirit (lately) copying F1 qualifying and race style (so boring pit stops and rubbish tactics).

Gold old times:

Old 23 Jul 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1662760)   #6
rallycrosscraig
Racer

rallycrosscraig has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm waching it on motors tv it's great
Old 23 Jul 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1662782)   #7
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the first time I have whatched the DTM in ages! I am looking foward to it!!!
Old 23 Jul 2006, 16:15 (Ref:1662802)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Abt! What is he DOING?

BLACK FLAG THAT FOOL
Old 23 Jul 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1662805)   #9
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Abt! What is he DOING?

BLACK FLAG THAT FOOL
Indeed!, He is being a bloody idiot. abt, should be off the track.
Unlucky for green, he was pushing hard.
Hak man for the win i say
Martin Tomczyk looks like he is having fun

Last edited by beau1; 23 Jul 2006 at 16:26.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1662810)   #10
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Daniel La rosa is a bloody idiot Stoddart was doing well . Idiot.
Abt, is still being an idiot aswell
Old 23 Jul 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1662811)   #11
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he lost his brake, what the hell should he do
Old 23 Jul 2006, 16:44 (Ref:1662812)   #12
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Well done to Bruno Spengler, his first DTM win.
Bit of a ill tempered race though....
Old 23 Jul 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1662813)   #13
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
he lost his brake, what the hell should he do
meh, it did'nt look that way to me. Evan if he did lost his brake why the hell did he go down the inside and not go down the outside where there was no one else to hit and try and coax the car to a stop.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 20:32 (Ref:1662915)   #14
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Abt was Abt, nothing unexpected. Attacking a Mercedes is fine...at least it's not his team mate this year. Brilliant start too! 5th at the end of the first lap, top Audi initially.

Tomczyk on the other hand, with foolish moves on Scheider & Stippler, damaging his own car and countless others, qualifying well down...I'd be surprised to see him at Audi next season - even the rest of the season he'd be lucky.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 20:38 (Ref:1662923)   #15
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abt should have been black flagged but from his cockpit he probably felt that Green had banged doors intentionally and so drama ensues...

I'm beginning to wonder which God Green has angered as anytime he looks in command of a race the events conspire against him time and time again.

Despite the occasional lapse Abt is a fine driver (at least by DTM standards) until the red mist decends. He's certainly had some good showings since being relegated to the year old machines.
Old 23 Jul 2006, 22:36 (Ref:1663000)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You cannot do what he did to a driver that is lapping you.

He was trying to race him and he shouldn't have been.

He deserves to be punished.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 01:00 (Ref:1663051)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Hakkinen seemed happy on the podium. Seems an amicable chap as well.

But where was he on the re-start towards the end of the race?! Why was he not all over the rear of Schneider and Spengler?
Old 25 Jul 2006, 13:05 (Ref:1664169)   #18
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At first I thought what Abt did was for postion and was extremely leary, little did I know he was laps down! Very disgusting. The guy should be banned. He's a nutter.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1665290)   #19
toot toot
Racer

toot toot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer
Hakkinen seemed happy on the podium. Seems an amicable chap as well.

But where was he on the re-start towards the end of the race?! Why was he not all over the rear of Schneider and Spengler?

Hakkinen at the re-start must have been team orders and in my opinion a master stroke from mercedes to prevent the audi's getting near the podium.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1665306)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Abt was a bit, err, aggressive. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour really, not just one move, but the way he tailed Green thereafter. Quite scary actually, should buffoons like that be allowed on track?
Old 26 Jul 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1665342)   #21
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Abt was a bit, err, aggressive. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour really, not just one move, but the way he tailed Green thereafter. Quite scary actually, should buffoons like that be allowed on track?
Sounds like a poll
Old 26 Jul 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1665349)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Fantastic.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1665350)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh crud, I clicked on yep.
Old 26 Jul 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1665397)   #24
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Oh crud, I clicked on yep.
Next poll will be 'should buffoons like knowlesy be allowed to vote?'
Old 27 Jul 2006, 06:44 (Ref:1665613)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL