Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Jun 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1322296)   #1
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
07/02/05 Pepsi 400 Daytona Questions...

hi all

first time i've posted in this part of the forum, as part of my holiday in usa im going to see this nascar race,

my questions are
- whats the timetable i.e. when does the race / support races etc start, i've had a look at the sites but i cant seem to find this other than the nascar race starting at 7pm

- how strict is nascar with regards to photos been used on the web that where taken as a spectator? this would be on my non profit website

cheers
Old 8 Jun 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1323081)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the Grand-Am race - June 30th, 7:15pm
the Busch race - July 1st, 7:30pm
the Cup race - July 2nd, 7:00pm

The NASCAR times are taken from NASCAR.com, and the Grand-Am time from Grand-Am.com. Hope it helps.

As for taking photos, I'm not sure, but then again I know tons of people who post their own race-photos on websites etc, so I take for granted that NASCAR allows it.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 11:02 (Ref:1323086)   #3
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
You may have to watch the climate and listen out for corrections/read the papers, once when I went there it rained quite a bit which meant the Winston Cup qualifying was the same day as the Busch GN race.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1323141)   #4
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers for the info, didnt realise it was like one race per day
Old 8 Jun 2005, 23:37 (Ref:1323571)   #5
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a lick with all the details Neil. Have a great time. Dave http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...p?.news_id=771 after it opens , go into news, and the Pepsi 400 event schedule

Last edited by Jack Man; 8 Jun 2005 at 23:41. Reason: more info
Old 8 Jun 2005, 23:59 (Ref:1323578)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Adams
hi all

- how strict is nascar with regards to photos been used on the web that where taken as a spectator? this would be on my non profit website

cheers

My guess is if they are for a non-profit website, you would be safe. But I think NASCAR can prevent the sale or use of any such photos if they want to. They own the rights to all photographs taken at the speedway and somewhere, maybe on the back of the ticket, it states that cameras are prohibited. So be discreet about taking a camera into the speedway grounds.
Old 11 Jun 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1325983)   #7
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cameras prohibited??? Did you see the flash bulbs at Charlotte?? I never seen anyone yet get asked to leave their camera behind. Also i think use can post the pics as long as their your own. I know i do.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1326284)   #8
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At charlotte last year i was in the turn 4 grand stand all by myself taking photos, i think if i wanted to i coulda gone right to the fence but then i went away, came back and they had shut the grandstand ;-(

With regards to whats on during the day, there will be some cup practice, and busch practice which is actually quite interesting if you take a a radio scanner.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 13:57 (Ref:1326323)   #9
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
One thing, watch to see if there are any restrictions on what you could bring in - last time I went you were allowed something the size of a beer cooler cos of terrorism fear. Or something transparent. My backpack was verboten - until I emptied it out and put it in a seethru plastic bag. Then I could go through security and load it back up again.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 07:57 (Ref:1331310)   #10
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Adams
hi all

first time i've posted in this part of the forum, as part of my holiday in usa im going to see this nascar race,

my questions are
- whats the timetable i.e. when does the race / support races etc start, i've had a look at the sites but i cant seem to find this other than the nascar race starting at 7pm

cheers
Last year I went to the Daytona 500 and it might have been because of the visit of a certain mr. Bush but you were not allowed to stand nearby the fenches to take pictures, which was a shame, especially during the drivers parade lap. Also make sure that all the stuff you want to take with you in the stands has to be in a see-through plastic bag, they won't let you in with a normal back pack.

Enjoy the race! Daytona is pretty special!!!