Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Nov 2003, 10:55 (Ref:771373)   #1
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burns out of Rally GB

It's been reported that Richard Burns has been taken to hospital and will not now compete in Rally GB

http://www.worldrallynews.com/cgi-bi...7851772,99310,
Old 3 Nov 2003, 12:08 (Ref:771422)   #2
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'ell!!!!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 12:08 (Ref:771423)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very strange situation, with no obvious explanation as to the problem. He hadn't been ebhind the wheel, so it's unlikely to have been a crash, and I don't know of any medical condition (eg asthma, diabetes, heart problems) which could cause a sudden hospital visit. It's a real shame but at least we've still got a 3-way title shootout, Tommi's finale, and Colin's last WRC race for now
Old 3 Nov 2003, 12:10 (Ref:771425)   #4
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange. Hope it's nothing serious... "feeling faint.."
Old 3 Nov 2003, 12:16 (Ref:771434)   #5
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nothing on BBC Online yet.

Worldrallynews report says he was "taken ill", which I take to mean a health problem - illness, sickness - rather than an injury.

Probably some dodgy Welsh lamb...
Old 3 Nov 2003, 12:55 (Ref:771491)   #6
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
On the beeb now

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ly/3237411.stm
Old 3 Nov 2003, 12:58 (Ref:771498)   #7
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Seeing as I am currently suffering gastro-flu I will not celebrate Burns' demise from the championship. Us ill people stick together!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 12:59 (Ref:771500)   #8
SJ Spode
Veteran

Seems a shame for Burns' Peugeot career to end like this.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 13:01 (Ref:771504)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
I agree. I think he needs to get his head into gear next year in the Subaru. No more excuses, I think he will win a rally or two next year and be his normal cocky self.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 13:35 (Ref:771537)   #10
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire

I'm hoping so... in fact, given that the car finally seems to be catching up, I'm hoping for nothing less than another championship for Burns and Subaru!

It is a shame - he may finally have won a rally in the Peugeot for one thing! - but it also seems oddly symptomatic of his time at Peugeot. I don't think there's any real blame to lay, it just never really worked out.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 16:37 (Ref:771748)   #11
SJ Spode
Veteran

I think it's going to be a bit of a shock for Burns back at Subaru as now Petter is the team's No.1, and will be even more so if he wins the Championship.

Saying that he ought to get back in the swing of things with the Impreza
Old 3 Nov 2003, 17:36 (Ref:771795)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Funny - people talk about the 4 way title showdown in 2001 being over before it really began. This year looks to be beating that particular record already!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 17:45 (Ref:771803)   #13
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be a high blood-pressure problem, nothing more serious.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 3 Nov 2003, 17:46 (Ref:771807)   #14
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He was never really in it to be honest. He was depending on other misfortune to win.

It is a shame that he wont be there but thats life. I hope he is better soon.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 18:17 (Ref:771869)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A shame. For Richard (obviously) and us (less important).

I hope he is back on his feet soon.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 19:28 (Ref:771955)   #16
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats a shock, I feel really sorry for Richard. Lets hope we see him back soon.
Old 3 Nov 2003, 19:28 (Ref:771956)   #17
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's to a speedy recovery. It's a relief that it's nothing serious.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 04:29 (Ref:772288)   #18
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2003510690,00.html

Looks like Markko Martin saved Burnsie's life!
Old 4 Nov 2003, 06:04 (Ref:772305)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it is a result of the crash, it is possibly a resulting brain swell that hasnt gone away. How that has gone unnoticed until now remains a mystery.

I feel sorry for Richard to have missed out on his home event, and the outside chance at the title (that hopefully Carlos Sainz runs away with!)

Get better soon!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Nov 2003, 12:06 (Ref:772600)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, a good chance for Loix and Smeets to show their stuff then if they're allowed by the FIA to replace Burns and Reid.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 12:19 (Ref:772617)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whew! What a miracle that Martin was there and such a quick thinker! Aren't there rules in Rally that after two serious accidents you have to meet a baseline neurological test before you get back in the car? Think what could have happened had he fainted during the Rally!!!!! Robert Reid must be having faint feelings too.

I hope Richard is diagnosed properly and can get better in time for next season. But he'll have a really tough time at Subaru in any case.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 15:31 (Ref:772801)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Eeech, could have been nasty. Thank God Markko was with him. I think, if it does turn out to be neurological, then some questions need to be asked about post-crash procedures.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 15:40 (Ref:772811)   #23
SJ Spode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Eeech, could have been nasty. Thank God Markko was with him.
I was thinking the same both for Richard and any other road users near the incident.
Old 4 Nov 2003, 18:24 (Ref:772937)   #24
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It happened on the road Markko Märtin is a life saver!
Old 4 Nov 2003, 18:44 (Ref:772953)   #25
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well, how is the patient today? Anyone know?