Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Oct 2001, 22:30 (Ref:155592)   #1
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice Afternoon

Hi Guys,

Today I was a lucky guy, fortunately for me, my company send me to work to Barcelona for the last two days, and today after a morning meeting I had 6 hours before catching my evening flight so I decided that there was no better way that spending my afternoon going to the Circuit and watch the teams testing. Everything was pretty nice the weather awesome almost 30º the cars testing almost all the time the access free almost everywhere (I used and all trick to snake into the paddock, as I was wearing my suit when I got to the main entrance with the car I started speaking to the guy in italian and english and therefore the security guard believed, or simply got bored of me whinning and after playing one of the best roles of my life that I forgot my pass at the hotel, he let me in) the teams were very friendly and there were no boring marshalls asking for acreditations every corner. I started having a very nice lunch on the terrace restaurant while Eddie was setting up the bests times of the day (it was the first time I was seeing the cars live this year, cause I live in NYC and even though I had awesome VIP Maclaren tickets for the USGP thanks to a cool friend that thought about me, I was in Europe working and I couldn´t go to Indy last week, I have to mention that the Jaguar looked to me as the most beautiful car outhere, in terms of aesthetics), later in the afternoon the cars were doing qualifiying series, I don´t know if Marc was actually driving the new car or he changed to the 2001 however both BMW drivers were very tight and fast Antonio getting the fastest time but Marc being faster a major number of laps. Alex had a problem with his car towards the end of the afternoon and Darren Turner was not doing significant laptimes, Mark Webber was not too prolific and late in the afternoon Eddie was obiously testing something or having problems because he was getting in and out almost every lap. So after spending a nice afternoon, catching a little bit of sun and visiting the podium I headed back to the airport with a very nice feeling. I hope I will have the opportunity to repeat the experience one day.

Ciao guys

Big Hug
Old 3 Oct 2001, 23:09 (Ref:155606)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you lucky so and so
Old 3 Oct 2001, 23:28 (Ref:155609)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
VERY lucky guy !!!

Martin, tell me... and the girlfriends were there too ???

Or any other babe ???

Last edited by Bononi; 3 Oct 2001 at 23:30.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 00:36 (Ref:155628)   #4
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At what point did you wake up?...LOL
Old 4 Oct 2001, 01:20 (Ref:155646)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
BBKing, man !

Give him a break... from what I know from our friend Martin, he's serious !

Now, Martin tell us more...
Old 4 Oct 2001, 10:59 (Ref:155742)   #6
Martin de Miguel
Rookie

Martin de Miguel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing more I can think of is that Antonio was very relaxed and speaking to everybody fans and team members, I saw two amazings Lamborghinis parked closed to the Jaguar Box one with a Swiss plate and the other one was french, I don't know if Eddie was the owner of one of them but I would have made sense and also I was able to hang out in the press room which was very cool because provided times and views of all the race track.
Entrance to the main part of the stadium was for free so next time you are in Barna make sure you know if there are test scheduled.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 14:10 (Ref:155798)   #7
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lovley city, Barca. VISCA EL BARCA!!!!

That being said, it does sound like the testing there is more exciting than most of the races!!
Old 4 Oct 2001, 15:17 (Ref:155828)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Martin, it sounds like a terrific day.
I am very envious.