Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Feb 2004, 22:25 (Ref:867499)   #1
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allegations of HRT abusing officals at eastern creek

.In a racing magazeine- mra, . a RACE OFFICAL , has made a allegation that at eastern creek ,personal of HRT where quilty of abusing race officals all weekend, even before the ingal incident.He alleges a young female offical copped a ear full and was redused to tears in one traide .I wonder where this will end up , i'm now off to find the issue and a years subscription

Last edited by mtpanorama; 9 Feb 2004 at 10:37.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 22:39 (Ref:867510)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if you could the verbal abuse of a TEGA board member to be a similar problem? Was Mr Stone not manhandled and abused on the telecast, and the replay of same?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Feb 2004, 23:32 (Ref:867564)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeehaw boys - look like you got yourselves another witch hunt !

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped visiting / posting here for 3 months.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:11 (Ref:867607)   #4
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I wonder if you could the verbal abuse of a TEGA board member to be a similar problem? Was Mr Stone not manhandled and abused on the telecast, and the replay of same?
Yes GTR unless I'm very nuch mistaken , I also thought I saw a man in a red suit do exactly what you described also!He didnt seem to be in the Xmas spirit either!
Old 9 Feb 2004, 00:20 (Ref:867613)   #5
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What the drivers and teams have to try and remember that the officials are there for benefit of the teams, if there were no flagmarshalls could you imagine the chaos on the track, if there were no scruitineers they would all be cheating, if there were no grid marshalls who would tell them where to grid up and heaven forbid if there were no timekeepers there would be nobody to tell them who won or lost.

What I am getting at is they have no right to abuse, manhandle or threaten any official, these guys & gals are volunteers giving up their time for the sport they love.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 01:45 (Ref:867663)   #6
Big Trev
Racer

Big Trev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See ya Buckshot
Old 9 Feb 2004, 02:23 (Ref:867702)   #7
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk
What the drivers and teams have to try and remember that the officials are there for benefit of the teams, if there were no flagmarshalls could you imagine the chaos on the track, if there were no scruitineers they would all be cheating, if there were no grid marshalls who would tell them where to grid up and heaven forbid if there were no timekeepers there would be nobody to tell them who won or lost.

What I am getting at is they have no right to abuse, manhandle or threaten any official, these guys & gals are volunteers giving up their time for the sport they love.
Good points there Dirk and as I slip the boot onto the other foot with out the competitors there would be no need for officials either but that don't stop the "odd one(no pun) or two" from thinking they are a re-creation of the gestapo and harrasing drivers and teams for the most trivial things when having there little moment in the sun ,enjoying what is no doubt the only power they have had over anything that dosn't fetch a stick and wag it's tail at dinner time.There a rouges in every field and it should be delt with in an appropriate manner for all concerned
Old 9 Feb 2004, 02:49 (Ref:867723)   #8
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now slipping the boot back onto the other foot, there are a lot of professionals within our sport and they would be nowhere with out the unpaid officials that work. Now I do realise there is a rogue element in this group which some people may have had a bad experience with, but this can be dealt with through the correct channels through our governing bodies.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 02:54 (Ref:867726)   #9
Big Trev
Racer

I would like to slip my foot into this discussion.

There are less the desireables in all elements of motor sport (in fact just about everything). The power goes to the head and the rest is history. There are some team owners, drivers who don't have a whole lot of respect from those who have to work with them. I think it is called "ego".

My big complaint is that there can be at times an element of disrespect for officials, particurlarly the volunteer ones (a hobby horse of mine)
Old 9 Feb 2004, 02:57 (Ref:867728)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some teamowners/manager types are as obstructive as officials reported here tend to be....

It would be boring if everyone got on well wouldnt it?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 03:13 (Ref:867741)   #11
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we wouldn't have much to talk about, would we?()
Old 9 Feb 2004, 03:29 (Ref:867747)   #12
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Allegations of HRT abusing officals at eastern creek

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobo high
This explains the technical problems at v8central over the weekend
WHAT RUBBISH !!!! .. The two incidents are completely unrelated ! .. not that you'd know of course !!!

The server problems onlny happened late yesterday/early evening and were fixed ASAP following the relevant Trouble Tickets logged, and communications to get the server rebooted. It affected almost all pages on the site, because almost all pages have some data-driven information on them

Please get your facts correct before blurting the inconsistencies all over the place
Old 9 Feb 2004, 03:38 (Ref:867752)   #13
Big Trev
Racer

Thanks for that Laser ;-)
Old 9 Feb 2004, 04:49 (Ref:867777)   #14
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprise, surprise, everything is a bit quite on the V8 front so why not start another HRT bashing thread. Nothing has changed!!!
Old 9 Feb 2004, 05:16 (Ref:867788)   #15
vipernz
Rookie

vipernz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing like spreading a couple of good rumors ay. HRT doing something wrong? surely you all jest.

As for V8C going down because of it... wouldn't that make us feel so important?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 06:32 (Ref:867806)   #16
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
buckshot, scott75, you need to get out more, and whilst your there, shop for a life. If this was a skaife bashing thread, it would have more posts like " Hey skaife, your a ********" but i dont be seeing any of them here.

seriuosly a thread would have been created if david thexton was accused of man handling an offical. what needs to happen is for it to be brought towards the stewards, or to the police if the instance was that bad. being a flag marshall and communicator at race meetings myself, i dont expect drivers to like any requests or decision made, but the fact is, they have to respect it.

abusing officials in any sport is the lowest form anyone can go and should have the book thrown at them, even worse so than what was dished out during the ingall/skaife incident at the creek.

cheers
Old 9 Feb 2004, 06:40 (Ref:867808)   #17
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it will be interesting to hear what the punnishment is as the official has gone to the trouble to come forward so CAMS can hardly ignore it and must act or condone the abuse of officials.Maybe a points deduction to start off the year for the 2 drivers maybe the order of the day ,abit like the penalty for burnouts by the crew member

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 9 Feb 2004, 06:42 (Ref:867809)   #18
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is no rumour,witch hunt or whatever the " minded ones can come up with to defend their hero and his team . This is a story with names in a a national racing magazeine.Maybe it will moderated to death on other forums , but hopefully the truth can come out and be debated on this forum.What a scandle involving the most prominant race team in the land - i wonder what HOLDEN are thinking now about their factory race team ??????? But given their attitude over the LAST 8 years to PETER BROCK , i'd say they will laugh it off once again.

Last edited by mtpanorama; 9 Feb 2004 at 10:39.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 08:09 (Ref:867847)   #19
laser
Racer

Hobo high, Skaife is the hero of SOME moderators but he doesn't control the 'technical problems' surrounding the site in any way. That is the only comment that I will be pushing you or the mod's here to remove.

The same treatment will be levelled at ANY team, driver, official, whatever on V8Central.

So, can you PLEASE re-word your opening post on this thread, or I will be lobbying the moderators to do it. It is YOUR post that is libelous at the moment. If you care to visit again, the thread is alive and well, but the Skaife/Ingall incident has to done to death - the discussion should be focussed around the stewards and HRT.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 08:25 (Ref:867857)   #20
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
Well it will be interesting to hear what the punnishment is as the official has gone to the trouble to come forward so CAMS can hardly ignore it and must act or condone the abuse of officials.Maybe a points deduction to start off the year for the 2 drivers maybe the order of the day ,abit like the penalty for burnouts by the crew member
If CAMS recent action is anything to go by, it will NOT be taken to the place where it should be - an investigatory tribunal (as laid down by CAMS own NCR's).

The other case I am referring to, of course, is the Winton complaint re the Victorian SRS Inc which, unde the NCR's can only be handled by an Investigatory Tribunal yet the State Executive (Council...) decide they have the power to hear it and dismiss it (giving Winton, of course, roughly 30 hours from receipt of letter until the council met....cover up? No - simply mates being mates.

The same will happen again this time unless people start pushing the right buttons...
Old 9 Feb 2004, 08:29 (Ref:867860)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by laser
So, can you PLEASE re-word your opening post on this thread, or I will be lobbying the moderators to do it. It is YOUR post that is libelous at the moment. If you care to visit again, the thread is alive and well, but the Skaife/Ingall incident has to done to death - the discussion should be focussed around the stewards and HRT.
Laser, this site only gives you 10 minutes from the point of pressing the "Submit Reply" button to edit your post. If you consider it needs to be changed, the warn button is there for the purpose you describe. The moderators across the many forums will get this message and take whatever action they deem appropriate....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2004, 08:56 (Ref:867882)   #22
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
i wonder what HOLDEN are thinking now about their factory race team ??????? But given their attitude over the LAST 8 years to PETER BROCK , i'd say they will laugh it off once again.
brock hardly looked upset the last time i saw him.. wearing holden red while strapped into the targa monaro. gee i wish holden treated me as badly
Old 9 Feb 2004, 09:30 (Ref:867926)   #23
laser
Racer

Thanks GTR, I forgot the 10 minute rule
Old 9 Feb 2004, 22:06 (Ref:868826)   #24
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Allegations of HRT abusing officals at eastern creek

Quote:
.In a racing magazeine- mra, . a RACE OFFICAL , has made a allegation that at eastern creek ,personal of HRT where quilty of abusing race officals all weekend, even before the ingal incident.He alleges a young female offical copped a ear full and was redused to tears in one traide .I wonder where this will end up , i'm now off to find the issue and a years subscription
HRT Abusive ? - NAH !!!

I think its best I stay WELL OUT of this little debate.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 22:22 (Ref:868852)   #25
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why post a response? ;(