Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Aug 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1063369)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
LMES - Silverstone Chat

The third round of the Le Mans Endurance series takes place at Silverstone this weekend.

While many of you will be at Silverstone we'd like to see all the armchair fans in the chatroom to discuss the race as it happens.

We'll be waiting for you on Saturday - the race runs from 1400 to 2000 BST.

It's a great chance to debate the action as you watch it - or to find out what's happening in the race if you don't have access to live coverage.

We'd like to see as many newcomers to the chatroom as possible - so come along and enjoy it!

Either connect via the button at the top of your screen; The parc ferme link for a better client or a non-java client. You can also connect via IRC, full details in our FAQ, and please use your 10/10ths nick when logging in so we know who you are!

Last edited by Asp; 11 Aug 2004 at 21:33.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 21:33 (Ref:1063372)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully we'll see as big a turnout as possible.

I'll be there to make the newcomers feel at home.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1063394)   #3
xterra48
Rookie

xterra48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you guys talkin about the chatroom at ten-tenths or some other chat room? secondly in America speed only has hour long recaps but i'll have to wait two weeks, should i keep myself blind of the lmes event and wait, or is there some sort of live timing? like F1 or should i participate in them chat? if i do participate in the chat, will there people telling the events or will i be confused having no video or audio. Audio, eh is there an internet radio broadcast like radio lemans?

Last edited by xterra48; 11 Aug 2004 at 22:01.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 22:22 (Ref:1063404)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is the ten-tenths chatroom, and we'll keep you up to date if you don't have live tv coverage.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 22:57 (Ref:1063423)   #5
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no radio like in ALMS, that's why the chat room is so usefull. You do have live timing, but the helpfull people at the chat room allways keep us without MotorsTV informed.

For the record, I'll try to be there, just don't count me for the whole 6 hours because of my family wanting to use the computer.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 05:06 (Ref:1063578)   #6
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't we do what we do here... post stuff ongoing on this thread?? It's great for people like me that can't watch the race live and it keeps me informed!
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 12 Aug 2004, 05:58 (Ref:1063596)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: LMES - Silverstone Chat

Sorry folks I shan't be in the chat room for this one, I'll be there!

Live timing at LMES.net then follow the link just under "classification"
Old 12 Aug 2004, 06:19 (Ref:1063600)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'll post here too (except if my co-mods advise me to stay in the chat room), just to let the members (including new ones) follow the main dramas... and to leave a trace of the race.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1063775)   #9
Kicking-back
Veteran

That's good if someone does that, but coming to the chatroom helps it be a bit more interactive and it prevents trawling through a thread with 2000-odd posts in it!
Old 12 Aug 2004, 16:28 (Ref:1064059)   #10
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
what I'll do is post a log of the chat here at regular intervals so people can keep up to date, this should reduce the number of posts needed.

Last edited by wensleydale; 12 Aug 2004 at 16:29.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1064417)   #11
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, we have the tried and tested routine from Le Mans - general updates in here, discussion in the chat room; so if you come in half way through you can check the major developments then go and discuss what's going on at the minute - as long as someone has coverage we'll be able to keep you informed! For those than haven't ventured in during a race yet, please do - if you do it's dure to work
Old 12 Aug 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1064427)   #12
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, good luck. Sorry can't come to the chat room. I'll be in Northamptonshire this Saturday
Old 12 Aug 2004, 22:12 (Ref:1064435)   #13
wensleydale
Veteran

England
wensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwensleydale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
bah, why is everyone going to the circuit, don't you know the catering and toilet facilities in the chatroom are much better, and we don't charge an entry fee
Old 13 Aug 2004, 02:02 (Ref:1064561)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, dont know about everyone else but I think ill be staying put right here. I find that in the chat room what u say tends to get swallowed up in amongst everyone else whos talking and what u have said has dissapered off screen within 10 seconds of putting it there. However the chat room is a great service, just I come on to ten-tenths discussion forums for the discussion forums, strangely enough. If I wanted to chat, Id go into a chat room.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 02:17 (Ref:1064565)   #15
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. I enjoy posting it right here, and I get to "see" the race as best I can.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 13 Aug 2004, 06:31 (Ref:1064658)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
As Asp is quite concerned to see the thread disapear at the bottom of the page, I'll stick it until the end of the race...

Quote:
Originally posted by wensleydale
what I'll do is post a log of the chat here at regular intervals so people can keep up to date, this should reduce the number of posts needed.
Yep, for technical problems, you'll be in charge !

We'll have the chat room for the talks, and this thread for the main events...

Last edited by Fab; 13 Aug 2004 at 06:49.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 14:38 (Ref:1065082)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have to agree with Saleen and Mags. Go figure.

But I like following the conversation in an individual thread. It's a bit more orderly. And it's great fun to. So I'll be here if I can. Wish I could go in person though.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1065875)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Just a reminder we're looking forward to welcoming as many of you as possible to the chat room.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 12:20 (Ref:1065977)   #19
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
How long until the race starts? 40 minutes?

Last edited by Fogelhund; 14 Aug 2004 at 12:21.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 13:03 (Ref:1066002)   #20
xterra48
Rookie

xterra48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant seem to get the chatroom to work, (Firefox or IE) what knid of java plugin do i need? or is it something else?
Im just getting a red "X"
Old 14 Aug 2004, 13:08 (Ref:1066016)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
If problems : you still have the Silverstone thread for news. And ask Wensleydale (pm).
Old 14 Aug 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1066021)   #22
wensleydale
Veteran

England
xterra48, try www.motorsportsearch.com/chat
Old 14 Aug 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1066363)   #23
Kicking-back
Veteran

Thanks to everyone who joined us for the chat during the race.

It was great to see so many new names in there and hopefully it proved enjoyable.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 19:04 (Ref:1066369)   #24
wensleydale
Veteran

England
I'd also like to say thankyou to those who took part, and I hope you'll visit us again soon.
For those who couln't make it for whatever reason, I have posted a full log to the chatroom minisite http://motorsport.alrob.com/chat_logs.htm

Wens

Last edited by wensleydale; 14 Aug 2004 at 19:04.
Old 14 Aug 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1066376)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

Great job there, Wens, well done.